Chapter 2-1: Nox village
659 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Richt when the cocks where waking up the people of this land, when the first rays of light came upon the world. Alexei Opened his eyes. a small little ball, a centimeter or two in diameter floated in front of him. Every now an then the perfect glossy sphere would distort and look as if it would but still managed to return to it's spherial shape.

"I guess it wouldn't be so easy that I would be able to perfect it in just one night." Mulled Alexei to himself as he made the sphere of blood disappear back inside of him, in one smooth move. He stood up and streched his body. Now that he was basically alive and not an undead anymore since he had a beating heart and working lungs. He would probably feel fatigue and tireness. But he judged that He would still be almost immortal and his need for sleep, and other basic normal human needs would be incredibly small if not non-existened.

"Good morning Alexei, I see not only have you saved me but even brought us out if the forest" Said Silveta in a quiet voice, trying to be inconspicuous. 

"Good Morning Silveta.. Glad that you are okay. I was actually pretty worried there." Alexei said as he smiled at Silveta. Though he couldn't be said to be handsome as the characteristics of a Lesser thrall were still pretty far away from the fully developed Vampire. anyone would be able to notice the beginnings of a very Handsome and charismatic face.

"What do you say we quickly run to the forest to catch something to eat before we head into the village and try to gather some information.... though on second thought it would probably be better for me to not enter the village as I woukd have to wear a cloak to hide my appearance and in a place as small as this it would be alarming. So I guess I have to count on you."

alexei sighed and placed his hand on Silveta's shoulder. He then put his arms around her shoulders and behind her knees, carrying her in a princess carry Alexei poked his head out of the window an seeing that the coast was clear he rushed to the forest. Once he reached it stopped carrying Silveta like that and rushed of to hunt. Less than five minutes later he returned with a dead rabbit in one hand and what ws left of a second one in his mouth. They quickly cooked the rabbit and Silveta ate it as Alexei carried her again towards the south of the village as he wanted to make it seem like Silveta was heading north and wanted to rest for a while. 

Alexei left her a few tens of meters away from the dirt path and and left back to the forest to test his blood manipulating abilities. He wanted to see if he could hunt using it. Silveta then walked onto the road and walked into the village. It looked very small from far away but it still had more than 300 families living in it. They didn't have aby money though so she couldn't head to a pub. She took one small piece of gold and asked around for the house of the chief. Once he was guided there she managed to have a talk with a man around the age of 50. She gav ehim the small gold piece and he gave her coins in exchange. Though he didn't give her the full value but that should have been expected.

The man was kind and when Silveta asked around for during their meeting he kindly answered. The village was named Nox village, since it was the closest to the Licht forest. This was known as a frontier village. At least it used to be, currently the northern frontier of the Zantine kingdom had grown further north. The chief even got carried away and talked about the times when he was in his 20s and he came here under the orders of the kingdom in order to clonixe the uninhabited land and spread the influence and people of the Zantine kingdom to the savage northern people of the plains. 

"Oh look at me getting carried away and blubbering on and on about the past, you must have things to do. I wont't bother you anymore have a good day young lady."

Silveta thanked the man yet again and left his house as she went to a nearby pub to continue the gathering of information. She also found a place that she could stay in, instead sleeping in that warehouse illegaly and wondering when they would be found. Once she reached the pub she ordered a beer and sat down listening in on the conversations of the various customers. After a while a man approached her. 

"Fine young lady, would you mind if I sat down here to keep you company?"

Silveta may have had some rough days, and grown stronger both in mind and body but she still was inexpirienced with situations like these. She tried her best to not let Alexei down within her own capabilities but as nobility, that was sold off at a young age she had not exprienced being hit on and actually got pretty scared.

"Sorry sir but I will be leaving now that I finished my beer, my partener will be waitting for me." Sayint that Silveta Ignored the Man with a displeased face staring hatefully at the place were she was before, and paid for her beer quickly getting out of the pub and headed towars the place she booked a room to stay. It was a bussiness that solely had roomes for people to spend their nights in, a motel sevice basically.

Back at the forest alexei was still sruggling to kill the targets he had set for himself. The problem wasn't in making the blood take the form of an arrow or javelin and neither was it the amount as he found that he could take more out from inside himself and he could also use the blood of other animals though the control over it and  it's quality was considerably less. The problen was speed. No matter how had he tried even after a whole day of hunting he couldn't increase the speed of the blood by much. After giving up for the day he started thinking about the problem.

'All I am doing is trying to increase the speed of the blood. I try my best to imagine a javelin that would be faster every time... be... That's it!!! Currently the magic I use is purely up to the power of my imagination and mind, so whatever I imagine my mind will try to force onto my magic. So instead of wanting the ball to be faster, i should imagine the javelin travelling faster and my imagination will make the difference. It is only one word different but it makes sense. I was imagining a javelin of blood being faster by itself, but what I want is not the actuall blood to be faster but my attack to travel a larger distance when compared to the background, and generally the real world.

Nox is the word for night in Latin and Licht the word for light in german.

And also this is the bonus chapter for today that I promissed yesterday.  Have a great year everybody, Thank you for reading this story and helping me reach 10 thousand views on the main page and more importanly 700 views on the prologue

14