Chapter 2-2: Trouble
589 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexei went back to the warehouse. The sun had set and he was bringing back some food for Silveta who he expected to see waiting hidden close to the warehouse they had spent the previous night. Not seeing there he searched around for some note to see if she came and in order to inform him that she found a place to sleep in the village like an inn. After more than half an hour of scrutinizing with more and more attention the are all around the warehouose Alexei had completely lost his patience. He was getting this feeling that something had gone wrong. With no leds Alexei put on a clock, covered his face with some rags and stormed off at his fastest speed towards the village. something had gone wrong and the closer he got to the village the more he could feel it. He used his connection with Silveta to get her position. He noticed that the bond felt disturbed in a way. As if the string that connected them was getting stretched and ready to be cut apart. Alexei reached the village and jumped pver the fences. He landed in the garden of a big wooden mansion, it had a big backyard. he could hear an old man and some others talking inside. Alexei heard the words village chief and decided to go closer. Maybe he had some information, the village wasn't so big and the disappearance of one stranger would not go unnoticed. As he crouched down below one of the open 'windows' he listened on the conversation.

"I think you didn't HEAR me village head. We are taking whether you like it or not!"

"But this girl only just came! It would be suspicious that she disappeared the day she came into the village. You should have waited a few days, you must release her somewhere far away. She will be too scared to return and she will never find out who did it."

"Tsk tsk tsk~~ Old man, you know me. I don't like to repeat myself. Men!" At the shout without needing any further instructions a few well-built men clothed in black, loose clothes went forward and started beating the screaming man unconsious.

"Stupid old bastards never learn. It should have been enough for me to call him village head. Let us return, Master is waiting."

Said the man as he left along with everyone else. Alexei quickly rushed inside the house and reached the old man. If he was awake and he could tel him where the men where going he would rush there, if not he needed to quicklt tail them.

"Old shit wake up!" {Slap!} Alexei shook the man by his shoulders and slapped him in the face. 

"Stop.. stop please,I agree I was wrong....~sob~"

"Open your eyes old fool. Tell me where they took my companion and I won't make this public news" Threatend Alexei. It was clear that the village head had participated in this more times in the past. He would face serious reprocutions for kidnapping and selling off free people. The villagers would feel threatend, for themselves and their children.

"Like I would ever tell you!" {Pteww!}

The village head spit at Alexei. "Don't test my patience fool. Don't you care about your life? Do you want to die starving and cold in the streets? Why even go that far? I can kill you right now.." 

Alexei stared in the eyes of the old man. His killing intent was getting more and more savage. The village head found it difficult to breath. The more he gazed at those eyes, that were turning increasingly red, the more he felt as if he should say what the man wanted. It was as if he had to obey him. 'I don't want to anger him, I should be good and do as he says. Why would I think to do otherwise in the first place.'

Those thoughts flew through his mind as in a matter of seconds he had suddenly blurted out the location of the men's secret hideout and the way to enter. Alexei kept the information in his mind and knocked the man unconsious after saying. 

"You did good for now." After that he bolted off, Using the miniscule amounts of light Alexei hid in the shadows. He very quickly passed the men who were leasurely walking and reached the only motel service in the village, which obviously, was one of the main culprits.

As he reached the block of rooms he went around the back and entered from the door of the kitchen. It was locked so he just broke the lock and swiftly went in. There was still one person in the kitchen. The woman was ready to go in the warehouse in order to count the supplies for the next day. But before she could react An arrow made of blood flashed trhough the air at faster and faster speeds as it pierced her throat. 

'Thankfully it went well and the new logic actually worked, now I just need to get better at it.' The woman fell down to the ground, her corpse was dried up like a mummy. The core blood of alexei returned, but in the air a big ball of blood was floating, it was a dark and filthy colour, Alexei made it condense and get rid of the impurities inside it. he walked closer to it and it all poured into his mouth. He had found that he could eat this way, and it was much faster and better than the normal way of eating.

Looking around Alexei found the thin the village head mentioned. It was a series of drawers opposite of the furnace, which used wood. Alexei walked there and opened the third from the top. Inside there was a butcher knife placed. He wrapped his hand around the handle and pulled towards himself. A click was heard and the wall fell back and went to the side clearing the way for a flight of stairs. Alexei headed down with no hesitaion and after a few meters the wall closed behind him. He walked for more than 5 minutes, after a while though the stairs going downwards had stopped and he had startd walking in a completely dark hallway.

At the end of the hallway it opened up into a bigger room. The walls were 10 meters high and the ceiling was curved so it went even higher than that. Orange light flickered all around the room. In the center there was a circular table made of stone. On top of that table was Silveta strapped in her hands and legs down onthe table. Next to her stood a hooded man dressed in red. His clothing appeared to be ceremonial outfit as he was going around lighting up candles. He didn't notice Alexei at first, this gave the chance for Alexei to charge.

Speeding forth like a craze bull seeing silveta with bruises all over her body and blood coming from her nose Alexei was already outraged. When he closed in though before he could punch the hooded man to the ground, the latter looked up and a red mass Flowed out from inside him shielding him from the force of the punch. Alexei was pushed back, he rolled on the ground for a few meters but quickly got up. The hooded man had now put away the hood and revealed his features. Silveta who had been trying to scream and warn alexei went even more into a frenzy. The hooded man turned out to be a handsome grizzled old man. he was around fifty years old, that is how he looked at least. 

"It truly is good to see another one of my own after so long...~shigh~ Tell me young lad? Who is your master I may know him, it is important to know a fellow admirer's path... We are so very few after all"

15