Chapter 2-4: Library and New Owners
566 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he was letting Underling A lead him towards the hidden stash of knowledge that he needed Alexei thought back at the battle. He took that punch straight on and at the same time pierced the enemy's head with his Blood javelin. But it truly was a gamble, both his arms broke and almost came right of his body. At the time he had thought that If his conjectures were correct then not only could he heal incredibly fast atfer eating something rich in energy but he could also regrow limbs. and most damage on his body, though he couldn't be sure about the head. In the end he was indeed right and he managed to heal himself right after taking all that damage. Something that is able to exist because of magic would not suddenly lose that dependence on magic just because it got a beating heart.

And so it all worked out in the end, but it was luck. he was lucky that Sanguis Cucculo was actually an arrogant and narcissistic man. Even though he was smart enough do understand that Alexei would attack and he was ready to intercept it he didn't take the initiative and stood there waiting for Alexei to engage. A fatal mistake, complacency and arrogance, Overconfidence, over courageous endevours. Things like these have and will continue to destroy dreams and lives, ambitions and plans of great and small men. 

Alexei's thoughts were disrupted when Underling A stopped walking and pointed towards a spot on the ground, he then stepped on it and the wall opened to reveal a room. It was huge and full of books. In the center there was a big rectangulat table with many different things on top of it, crealry used for experiments. 

"There is no further secret room than this right?" Said Alexei not trusting that the Blood lover would have placed all his accumulative knowledge in this one room.

"Yes sir, for all I know this is all he has." He said with a smile on his face. Alexei really contemplated killing him right there and then but power hungry cowards like him could be usefull to him, especially now that he planned to take over the village. It was not as if he planned to become a king or bring the industrial revolution to thi world, at least not yet, but he felt that some helpers would prove usefull and he might take over the middle aged mans operations here. 

Alexei then started searching all over. He was relentless, he didn't leave one spot alone. And after more than one hour of searching he found something. In cliche fashion he pulled back one book and the wall next to it opened up to reveal a stone table with somethings on top of it. This would have to be the culmination of his research.

But behind that stone table seemed to be something else. Alexei grasped the table and pulled hard. After putting even more strength the thing actually moved slightly forwards and a magical mechanism moved as the thing that was glowing came forward and up. Inside a crystal glass. That was cylindrical but its top closed off like a dome and it's bottom was placed on a wooden circle, that acted as a stand. Inside of it was plced on top of more crystal was....a heart? It was there, beating slowly and steadily, it released small amounts of red light. It was not pumping bloo though. Matter of fact it was by far the most impossibe thing Alexei had witnessed so far.

He went out and closed the small 1 meter tall and one meter wide room. He decided the exploration would be it for today. He had basically killed the real leader of this village ad probably the whole area according to what the Ghoul-Human had said, and there a few things that needed to be taken care of. 

"Silveta I am now going to the village head's house to take care of things. We will be staying here for a while and we will take over this village. If you want you can go and sleep at the room service above if not you can come with me and see how things will be done. Oh and you..." Alexei looked at Underling A. 

"Kraft Master. My name is Kraft."

"Great, Kraft from now on you will be my attendant. You will obviously be coming with me. From now on I will be expecting your best behaviour, in dealing with matters and also in training yourself. I can;t have you be so weak."

Alexei then came out of the underground and went out of the kitchen from the back door he had used to come in, there he found the other underlings playing around. Kraft came forward and explained the situation. Fickle as they were in their loaylty they immidiately pledged to be forever at my beck and call. 'They need to be trained, if even then they won't change then I will take their lives. What use would they have'

The whole entourage walked towards the village head's house where we saw the man sitting at his table. He was aching all over and he looked truly pitifull. He didn't expect any more visitors to come so he was startled but he quickly understood what had happened. 

"Haha...That fool finally kicked it? I had told him that being arrogant and overconfident will be his downfall one day." {tsk tsk}

"It is indeed true, he was pretty stupid..... As you can tell I will be taking his position from now on. But I will not realy stay like that. First of all, criminals in this village will all be mine, I will still be taking stargners and doing experiments, though I feel he did retuals instead of experiments. and lastly, I plan on increasing the population of this Nox village. Maybe make it an important city. So I will be basically replacing you but don't worry, other than when I need something, the money will be yours, and you will obviously keep your house and public status."

"So you mean to tell me that I will be puppet."

"Yes! You are actually pretty smart. So since you are so smat you should understand that this was my first order, Compared to him I am atually much better so if he could kill you with his eyes closed then I can kill you from the other side of the world. I hope for a great Cooperation." Alexei extended his hands as he smiled at the, forever puppet, village head. With no other choice the Village hea reciprocated the handshake. They all then agreed to continue everything the next day and went to sleep.

13