Chapter 2-5: Managing and Cadets
903 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexei didn't sleep this night either and just tried to enhance the speed of his blood javelins even further. He really needed training but the thing he needed the most was more blood and techniques. Shaping the blood and basically throwing it at someone is not enough to be called technique. At least in Alexei's opinion. 

Morning came and Alexei gathered everyone from yesterday night at the village head's house. There Alexei sat down on the head of the table with Silveta to his right and the rest stood opposite of him. 

"People don't really come here. These villagers have been staying here for the past three decades with rare additions, and that is pretty bad. We need to have something that people would want, so that they come and stay. Both tourists and permanent citizens are needed as they boost both the economy and the production of this place. First of all, I plan to do something with the forest. The monster's bodies can be pretty valuable. If there is a guild of shorts that deals with this then we should attract them to make a branch here, if not we can start killing the beasts and attract people willing to do the same for rewards. We should also expand the village closer to there since I am here now and any of the monsters in the outer and middle level at small numbers wouldn't be a threat."

"Other than that I need you village head to catalogue all of the people that live in the village."

"Something like that already exists sir. We have written down how many families exist and how many members each one has."

"That is not enough. Write all of the names, ages, occupations and talents of the villagers. What families they belong to isn't as important but you can categorize them by family if you want. Get to it now."

Alexei didn't let Antonio, the previous village head, stay and listen to everything else they were going to talk about as it was not important and it was extremely important to have that information if they wanted to get anything done.

They kept talking about a bunch of stuff that they needed to do, ending the meeting Alexei ordered the thugs and Kraft to come to the backyard with him. They couldn't disobey and followed even though they felt apprehensive. 

"From what I have gathered you are not only weak but also not disciplined, and I think some training is in order. I am no lord and I am also no soldier, currently at least, so you may doubt or think that I can't do much, but well you would be wrong....So you will now spar with me."

Not speaking one more word Alexei walked forwards and looked at them as he picked one of them to spar first.One of the weakest was picked.

"You, come forward!" The man left with no choice moved forward and got in a stance. 'If such a slacky weak thing can be called a stance'

Alexei didn't wait for the man to make a move as he moved in, With his boxing stance in two wide steps he had closed in. He punched out a simple straight. His arm flew forward and stopped right in front of the man's nose. He didn't even react. 

"Completely useless." Alexei judged him and punched him in the stomach with such force that he flew back and crashed into the house's wall. Blood spurted out of his mouth and he fainted. 

"I truly hope not all of you are as stupid nor as slow as him because at that point I might as well kill you. You had to have learned something from all those years as gangsters right. FIGHT ME!"

Alexei yelled at the end and pointed at another man. Since they wouldn't fight him when he was nice then he might as well force them to fight. After that the men faught much better than the first one....Not all of them though, some faced the same punishement for being so weak. In the end only ten men were left, eleven with Kraft. 

"Men!" Alexei Loudly said as he stood in attention. "From now on you are all under training. Yoy will train as if I am your lord and I am training you to be soldiers and knights. You will be called Cadets and I Will be your Instructor, you will answer everything with Yes sir and No sir. I expect extreme and perfect discipline from you. You are what I order you to be and do what I order you to do!" 

This was indeed the idea Alexei had. He would train them like he was trained as a soldier and assassin, if they can't become fine soldiers and don't have the amount of discipline required then they would always be useless, thus losing all worth and they would be killed. 

'Let's hope that they dont betray even those small expectations. I said they needed to be perfect but that is unrealistic, as ling as they carry out my orders how I want them to then that would be enough. After all the ones that stayed have some potential in them.'

With that Alexei took the out of the village and started with running, They almost had no stamina so it would be important for them to raise it. After a few rounds he left the role of keeping track of them to Silveta. He reminded them that even slacking off slightly would lead to their death. He left after leaving some instructions to Silveta. Then he went back to the house and woke the 4 others that were smacked uncurious. He ordered them to Bring food and water to those running and Silveta at set times and left. While talking to them he tried using that coercive power he had used by luck at the village the previous night. It kind off worked. Even though they didn't become puppets or anything like that, thanks to their fear for him they obeyed him for now. 

'I could still use them for experiments like that so they can keep their lives for now.' After that Alexei headed to the underground chambers of the occult follower where he headed straight for the secret library. Once there he didn't start reading random books and instead headed to the table in order to understand what the man was researching about. He took the book that was closest to him and looked for any title. 

The title the old and dusty, almost yellow cover had written in it was 'Blood God's Origins'

 

8