Nexus, 15.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, even before leaving the galactic terminal, Pierre had to go through a series of highly technological security scans and analyses.

He knew that in the future, the checks would be even more rigorous and advanced, with the use of artificial intelligence devices and facial recognition.

Approaching the service counter, Pierre felt a chill down his spine as he remembered that he had used false documents to get there. He was sweating profusely, imagining that he could be discovered at any moment.

Fortunately, the security team at the Galactic airport was extremely professional and did not raise any suspicions about Pierre's identity. He breathed a sigh of relief as he left the terminal, knowing that he had gone unnoticed by the most advanced security systems in the universe.

**

Pierre and Mrs. Peyton approached the boarding platform and saw a futuristic transport vehicle. The vehicle was low, aerodynamic, with a transparent cover, powered by clean energy, and fully autonomous.

There was no driver, only a control panel where passengers could select their desired destination. During the trip, passengers could observe the incredible landscapes of the city with the help of augmented reality technology.

In no time, the vehicle arrived at its destination and stopped smoothly on the disembarkation platform. Pierre and Mrs. Peyton got off, but Pierre was impressed with the efficiency and technology of the futuristic transport.

Two days later...

Pierre Durand was sitting at the end of a dock, dangling his bare feet in the crystal-clear water. Small exotic fish appeared and nibbled on his toes, and he laughed. It was a moment of peace and tranquility.

His long red hair with platinum blonde highlights fell around his shoulders, almost reaching his waist like a curtain of silk, fluttering in the wind. He was handsome, but he didn't care much about his appearance.

Pierre grew up in the dust amid excavations in Saqqara, Egypt, where his uncle worked as an archaeologist. He learned a lot about the “history of Egyptian civilization,” from ancient texts to Egyptian artifacts and architecture.

But now he was no longer on Earth, nor in his own time. He needed to find new challenges and occupy his time meaningfully. He loved the “Magic” he practiced in Avalamita, but Pierre knew he needed to evolve and adapt to the new technological reality. He couldn't continue to be analog.

Nexus was a dream place, with over 400 paradisiacal beaches, but, for Pierre: the reality was very different. He was a fake Orc, a race that was not welcome in the Zerg galaxy.

This was an unpleasant consequence of Lady Crarina's Trojan Horse gift. “Go far away” was not enough for her. But to go far away and be poorly regarded wherever he went and arrived.

The reason why orcs were not popular was understandable. They were existential predators that multiplied rapidly, living a life of endless searching for food and life energy. The Orc galaxy was desolate, and that was enough to start countless wars.

Hunger was the only focus of the orcs, and this simple and primitive desire extended beyond the limits of their planet and even the universe. Each cell of their bodies could be connected to other stars in ancient energy flows that allowed them to travel to other planets in search of energy to feed their hungry race. They used plasma handles and teleportation bursts to reach their destinations.

They were capable of consuming the planet in just a few years, enslaving native peoples to get what they needed. Even in times of peace, relationships with other species were never favorable options. Orcs were war propellers and enemies on the opposite side of the Zergs.

Orcs mixed with other species, losing part of their main identity, as they were very fertile. In consequence of their predatory nature, which led them to reproduce rapidly, this mixture of species generated a variety of hybrids, some of which were even stronger and more powerful than pure orcs.

Pierre was thinking about the history of these two antagonistic races. According to the book Star Dragons.

The Zergs, cruel and advanced insectoid creatures, aimed at the pursuit of genetic perfection, which led them to assimilate the collective consciousness of different races into their genome. It was as if pursuing the illusion of perfection was tactically correct for them.

The Zerg galaxy was a hostile place for anyone who was not one of them, and they did not hesitate to assimilate other races into their genomes to achieve their goals.

For the Zergs, the pursuit of perfection was tactically correct, and the preservation of their civilization was a strict philosophical way of life. With impressive height and muscles, they had luminous eyes, usually golden, green, or blue.

The war between the Zergs and the Orcs, motivated by resource scarcity and the strong sense of survival in the living conditions of the universe, was explained by the book Pierre read.

But they had something in common: like dragons, they had apparently human forms that could undergo transformations and evolutions, generating superpowers and advanced mental abilities. It was a unique characteristic between these two very different races.

Although the origin of his false identity was not the best, the accommodations provided by Lady Crarina were satisfactory. The wonders of technology made everything even more impressive.

With the use of the neural communicator, he was able to communicate perfectly as a native, overcoming the language barriers that previously limited his your time.

**

When Pierre returned from his walk, he found Mrs. Peyton anxiously awaiting his return. Pierre scratched his head, uncertain.

Mrs. Peyton arched her eyebrows, clearly curious about her young master's expression. “What's wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing is wrong,” said Pierre. “It's just that I was thinking of leaving this place and severing any ties with the Staudan family.”

Mrs. Peyton immediately agreed, opening the portable shared reality communicator- the sweet robot began searching for properties in the most luxurious places on the planet, including castles, islands, palaces, and so on.

Pierre smiled. “Can you show me something simpler, in the suburbs, but modest?”

Mrs. Peyton looked at him with an expression that suggested he had just said the most absurd thing she had ever heard.

“Simple?” she repeated as if the word was a curse. “But we have money, Young Master. A lot of money! Why settle for something simple when we can have the best?”

Pierre sighed.

“I propose, dear Mrs. Peyton, that we give up the stereotype of who we are and gain the freedom to be whoever we want. We should rethink our ideas about places, break down prejudices about cultures, and step out of our comfort zone. I want to mature, to be more tolerant, to know myself better, and to change my life.”

The robot seemed surprised, but quickly adjusted its search and found temporary two-bedroom accommodations not far from the city.

“This is perfect!” exclaimed Pierre, excited.

Mrs. Peyton looked over his shoulder and made a robotic frown. “Young master, this is not appropriate,” she said. “It doesn't match your status.”

Pierre rolled his eyes. “I don't care about status,” he said. “I just want a place to really see how the gears of this planet turn, and what happens in the universe.”

Mrs. Peyton seemed dissatisfied, but she knew her young master was growing up. So she sighed and said, “Well, if that's what you want, I suppose we can consider this option.”

Pierre smiled, relieved. “Great,” he said. “Let's visit the place tomorrow morning.”

Mrs. Peyton sighed. “Well, if that's what you want, I guess we can consider this option. But I hope you don't regret it.”

0