The Twist of Fate, 21.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Betrayed and deeply disappointed, Pierre felt righteous indignation. He had always struggled to be a better person, seeking the perfectibility of character, but he was repeatedly defeated by his weaknesses.

 

Now, facing this challenging and unbalanced moment where his ability to act seemed to have been temporarily stolen, Pierre found great courage within himself.

 

To him, courage was not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to confront it head-on. Amidst the emotional turbulence, Pierre whispered softly and with a trembling voice, “Magical sequence of cure, 'Ensis sanabilis, vita renovates!'” In that instant, he realized something profound: magical spells held miracles.

 

At this moment of self-awareness, Pierre recognized his greatest mistake: his irresponsibility and lack of consequences. He understood that believing oneself to be invulnerable was the quickest path to becoming vulnerable and that thinking one was protected was the most effective way to be unprotected.

 

The door swung open, and Pierre prepared to attack when he heard a voice he didn't recognize: “It's okay, I... I'll help you, just be quiet.”

 

“Someone needs to be saved from this dreadful place. Let it be you, a small orc I don't know,” mysteriously spoke the little being who approached Pierre.

 

“Come on, we need to get out of here!” the young person whispered, looking around cautiously. “You need to get up.”

 

Pierre remained alert but deliberately showed a certain vulnerability, knowing they could be discovered at any moment. The place was guarded, and there was no room for mistakes. The young person who had helped Pierre, sensing the tension, decided to act quickly.

 

“Deactivate your Hungry Comet uniform, Pierre,” Rigel urgently whispered. “That's your name, right? I'm Rigel. I have a cryptorock here. Change your clothes and put on this blue-haired wig. We need to avoid any suspicion.”

 

Pierre followed Rigel's instructions without hesitation. Within seconds, he deactivated the device that identified him as a member of the Hungry Comet and exchanged his clothes for the outfit provided by Rigel. The blue wig completed the transformation, disguising his usual appearance.

 

Rigel observed. “Perfect, Pierre. Now, try to blend in as much as possible and follow my lead. Let's move quickly, taking advantage of every opportunity.”

 

The two of them began to navigate through the crowd in the area. Rigel, with his experience, managed to avoid the most heavily guarded routes, smoothly gliding through the corridors. Pierre followed closely, making an effort not to attract attention.

 

As they continued onward, Pierre asked in an anxious whisper, “Where are we going, Rigel?”

 

Rigel responded with determination, “There's an alternate exit that leads to the surrounding alleys. It's a less guarded path. We'll be able to escape from here.”

 

Adrenaline pulsed through Pierre's veins as they advanced through the establishment's labyrinth. They could hear scattered conversations, laughter, and the sound of glasses being handled. Every step was crucial to avoid being discovered.

 

Suddenly, a security guard crossed their path. Rigel quickly grabbed Pierre's arm, pulling him into a dark corner and shielding them from the guard's view.

 

“Silence,” Rigel whispered, with his eyes fixed on the passing guard.

 

Pierre's heart raced, but he followed Rigel's example, remaining quiet and still. After an endless moment, the guard moved on, unaware of the presence of the two fugitives.

 

Once the guard was out of sight, Rigel looked at Pierre and signaled to continue. They resumed their stealthy sprint toward the exit.

 

Finally, they reached a side door, hidden and rarely used. Rigel skillfully opened it, revealing the darkness of the alleyways beyond.

 

“This is it, Pierre,” Rigel said, encouraging him. “We're almost there. Follow me.”

 

Pierre cast one last glance backward, remembering the danger they had faced, and then stepped forward into freedom.

 

Upon finally escaping the Hungry Comet, Rigel reveals to Pierre that Koo Looj is a monster who deceives and exploits people, while Gelub and Aluora are despicable beings who sell their kind. Surprisingly, Rigel discloses that he is searching for his brother, awakening Pierre's compassion.

 

To ensure their safety from imminent danger, Pierre contacts Lady Peyton and eagerly asks her to prepare everything for the journey, book the best hotel in Nexus, and wait for him at the hotel. It is their last day, and he wishes to rest in a good place.

 

Peyton starts organizing their belongings, storing books and relevant items in cryptorocks. She decides to dispose of the old flying vehicle used in the Staudan castle in a trash compartment of a cryptorock, planning to buy a new one for her young master.

 

Ending the call with Mrs. Peyton, Pierre assumes a somber expression...

 

Koo Looj, the mastermind behind the sinister plot, discovers with surprise that everything was prepared for the illegal sale of Pierre, but the young man has disappeared. A wave of panic consumes him as he tries to understand what has happened.

 

Furious, Koo Looj summons Aluora and Gelub, the individuals responsible for capturing Pierre and delivering him to him. Their faces reflect apprehension as they stand before Koo Looj, aware that something has gone terribly wrong.

 

Koo Looj, with eyes blazing with anger, confronts them. “Where is Pierre? What have you done? Everything was meticulously planned, and now he has escaped!”

 

Nervously, Aluora tries to justify herself. “We followed all your instructions, sir. We set up the trap and monitored his movements. We don't understand how this happened!”

 

Gelub, with a frustrated expression, added, “Everything seemed perfect, but something must have gone wrong somewhere. We need to find Pierre as soon as possible.”

 

Koo Looj's anger transformed into a mixture of concern and determination. “Find him at any cost! He is a valuable piece in this scheme, and I cannot allow him to escape. Search every corner and investigate any leads. I will not rest until he is found!”

 

Aluora and Gelub nodded, aware that their failure would have severe consequences. They knew they had to redouble their efforts to retrieve Pierre and not disappoint Koo Looj again.

 

The value of his sale is at an all-time high. I am fully confident that Baron Hou Jun will acquire him. I cannot afford any problems if I can establish a profitable business connection through the Baron to reach other nobles. New negotiations can be initiated.

 

The disappearance of Pierre began to trigger a series of unpredictable events.

 

The Duke of Sologard, Zimmer Sommerfeld, was determined to uncover the truth behind the attack on Count Mash and the mysterious disappearance of his memory. He was also aware that the young man had a low chance of being involved in the incident.

 

While Koo Looj, Aluora, and Gelub frantically searched for Pierre, the destinies of all those involved intertwined in a web of intrigue and danger, where the truth could lead to redemption or destruction.

 

Pierre, fueled by a mix of anger and determination, decides to return to Aluora and Gelub's house to confront them. He patiently waits, hidden in the shadows, observing their residence.

 

Finally, Aluora and Gelub return home, completely desperate and oblivious to Pierre's presence in the shadows. They enter, conversing with each other in despair.

 

Pierre creates a magical barrier around the two, raising his hand and uttering the ancient words, “Defensum Arcomysticus!” Shimmering magical protection surrounds Aluora and Gelub, making them prisoners of their fate.

 

Then, Pierre raises his voice and chants the words of power, “Verusmorkus Transmutaris!” The room is filled with a mystical aura as Aluora and Gelub begins to wriggle. Their forms slowly transform, taking on the appearance of half-orcs, the strongest and most brutish image of orcs. The nightmare becomes a reality for them.

 

Aluora and Gelub, in a state of pure terror, scream in desperation. They had never experienced their orcs' forms before, and in the Zerg galaxy, this evolution was forbidden and considered a crime of provocation by the Galactic Alliance Treaty, proposed by the Dragons, punishable by death.

 

But Pierre doesn't stop there. With a dramatic gesture, he raises his hands and utters the magical words, “Obscurius Evocaris Trirex!” Three creatures of unimaginable power are summoned, appearing before Aluora and Gelub. They are terrifying creatures with glowing eyes and sharp claws, ready to carry out Pierre's will.

 

Aluora and Gelub plead for mercy, their eyes filled with fear. Pierre, relentless, stares at them and says, “You have forgotten what it means to be an orc. Today, I will help you remember.” His voice echoes with a sinister tone as he continues, “Think of the people who died for your ambitions...”

 

Pierre's ruthless punishment is underway, and Gelub and Aluora are destined to face the consequences of their actions.

 

While Aluora and Gelub are trapped in their orc forms, Pierre prepares to impose his revenge upon them.

 

However, the calm is suddenly shattered by the invasion of Zerg soldiers. The intruders, equipped with advanced technology, detonate an impact bomb, catching Pierre off guard. He is violently thrown to the ground, unable to withstand the force of the explosion.

 

As Pierre struggles to recover from the impact, Aluora, Gelub, and the three summoned monsters remain standing, unaffected by the sudden invasion. Chaos engulfs the environment as the Zerg soldiers move frantically, advancing toward their investigation targets.

 

Suddenly, Zimmer Sommerfeld emerges, a mysterious individual wearing an impressive technological suit. In his hands, he wields a futuristic weapon with a lethal appearance. With precision and speed, Zimmer fires at Aluora and Gelub, mercilessly exterminating them. The scene is horrifying, leaving Pierre stunned and unable to rise from the ground.

 

With the death of the two orcs, the three summoned monsters disappear, the impact causing Pierre to lose the invocation. They dissipate like fading shadows in the air.

 

Pierre remains fallen, observing the unfolding events in shock and confusion, only thinking, “What the hell is going on?”

 

The unexpected arrival of the Zerg soldiers and the intervention of Zimmer Sommerfeld have completely altered the course of Pierre's revenge, leaving him bewildered and unsure of what to do next.

 

Pierre, still lying on the ground, sees an imposing Zerg soldier approaching him with a serious expression.

 

The soldier, with a deep and authoritative voice, says to Pierre, “You are safe.” Surprised by the Zerg's words, Pierre looks around and realizes that the other soldiers are occupied dealing with the chaotic situation that has unfolded.

 

Pierre, still dazed and uncertain of what to do, decides to accept the Zerg soldier's help. As he rises from the ground, he casts a final glance at the spot where Aluora and Gelub were exterminated by the golden-eyed Zerg. A mixture of emotions crosses his face as he contemplates the sudden fate of his enemies.

 

 

 

0