Lost case
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 02

 

      “Cleo what are you doing?” oh my god why the hell is he in my home.

      “Oh hi Dane! I was doing my homework so what about you? Did you finish the homework? and when did you come” 

      “Don’t worry about me babe, I came fifteen minutes ago.” babe what the heck how many time do i need to him don’t talk to me like that 

     “Dane, don't call me babe I've told you before please.”

     “Okay okay.. you do your homework i’ll go and bring you to eat something”

     “Dane no don’t Dane”

 

 I don't know what to do with him. Okay forget about him, let's finish this. Ahh why do I suddenly want to curse Pythagoras. How many pages are there?  ten pages TEN PAGES   how many questions i have solved? Ahh only two but why do I feel like I've solved a hundred?  If I won’t be able to finish it, I'm dead. Mrs.Madison will kill me. 

       While I am doing my math homework he comes back with his boxy smile. However I have to admit his boxy smile is the cutest but I have never felt any feelings towards him. That's why I don’t want to give him any signs because that means I'm giving him hopes. That's what I definitely don’t want to do because I know how it feels.

  

“Dane why did you bring me so many snacks this is too much”

“ but  whenever you eat snacks you don’t have a limit .” Whoops why I forget he is also my childhood friend.

“Dane, you know me too much to the point I feel irritated.” 

“Of course I have to know everything about my future girlfriend.” here we go again but today i’m not going to change the subject.

“Dane, I think you should stop this. I know it hurts. I know it’s not easy to move on. I know because that’s how I feel too but I'm a lost cause  you aren't. I mean you know you have this ability if you think you would do something you always do that. Don’t hurt yourself don’t waste your time on me please i’m your friend i can’t see you being hurt. I actually tried to think about us in that way but I can't. Even Though people say you can control your heart I can't because the moment I knew about my feelings from that moment my heart isn’t mine anymore. I don’t know if he’ll break it or be careful not to break it but still I gave my heart . I’m sorry for being a bad friend.”

“Oh! Cleo i’m sorry because of my confession you feel like this but  i’m a lost case too.” the pain in that moment i felt so unbearable the tears in his eyes is what broke my heart. He is not a crying person but if he is crying that means he truly hurts. Before everything he is my best friend who I've shared everything with in my life but why? Why does it have to be like this? Why are we in this position? Why can’t I like him back? Why? We both cried for how many minutes or hours. But we cried putting our forehead together like old times. Suddenly my alarm rings and we both stop crying and look at each other. His round red face looks like a cherry. I can't help but laugh. He also joined after a minute or two.When I take my phone to off the alarm that when it clicks me my god! “MY GOD I HAVE TEN MORE PAGES TO DONE YOU GET OUT BECAUSE OF YOU I’LL HAVE TO STAY UP GET OUT!”

 

      “So that’s what happened? And you think he’ll move on?” Amelia asked after I told her what happened yesterday night. 

      “I don’t know but I wish he would.”

       “So what about your web toon?” She asked me when I clearly told not to talk about it but still I have to think about it.

       “I don’t know, I mean I have an idea but it is seriously a stupid idea.” 

      “What is it?”

       “Mmm i was thinking about doing my own life i mean i want to draw myself and my story.”

       “Okay it’s good so why do you think it is stupid?”

       “Because my story is also not completed, that's why.”

       “Cleo listen everyone’s story will neer complete until they die so just simply draw what you feel and what you are going through and also you must think about your life too. I mean you should think about what you said to Dane. Don’t hurt yourself please.”

        “I know let’s see what will happen? So enough about me, what about you?”

        “What about me?”

        “You and Emma?”

        “Aaa? What about me and Emma?” 

        “You both are awfully close to each other.”

        “What are you talking about? Me and Emma Emma Parker?”

        “Mm Emma Parker.”

        “Nothing.”

        “Nothing okay but remember my eyes are always on you.”

        “shut up” 

        “Where the hell is Olivia? She didn’t come to science class either.” I asked Amelia while looking around the canteen.

        “You know about her. Yesterday was their party night. Obviously you won’t see her in science class.” 

        “Hi my lovely beauties did you miss me? of course you would i mean without me you would die because of bored right my baby Amelia?”

        “Yeah yeah we were dying without you so where were you my dear Olivia?”

       “Don’t ask when you already know. So Cleo i got to know you broke our Dane’s heart yesterday”

       “How the hell you know about that?”

       “Baby gossips travel fast so is that true?”

       “Yeah”

       “Yaaahh TELL ME THE WHOLE STORY I ALSO KNOW ABOUT THAT” 

      “Shhhhhhhhhh why are you shouting? I’ll tell you when we are going home”

      “Promise?”

      “Promise. Let’s go or else we’ll be late and you”I point at Olivia “come you have lot of things to cover up come hurry up”

       “Why are you suddenly hyperactive?” I glared at her while trying to cover my smile “come on”

       “Okay okay coming your highness coming”

       “I’ll see you later” Amelia said while shaking her head for Olivia’s dramatic action.

2