Not being mature
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     

chapter 03

 

      "Bye see you tomorrow" Amelia said while waving her hand to us.

      "Bye guys see you " Emily said while giving us a small smile.

      "Bye Amelia buy Emily " I said while Olivia giving a knowing look to Amelia said "bye babes" After that Amelia and Emily went to the other left side while Olivia and I went to the right side. Olivia also lives in our flat but not on our floor. 

       "Olivia why are you giving her that look" I said and I know she knows something about Amelia which i have no idea or what she thinks.    

       "Ah no nothing i just want to tease her that's all '' Olivia and Amelia were childhood friends when we were in high school we became friends because we clicked together. But I know they sometimes have secrets which they don't tell me. However, because I'm a good observer I know something isn't right when they try to keep secrets.In those times I also act like I don't know anything but not today. 

        "What do you think about Emily and Amelia aren't they too close i mean earlier they don't even like to be in same row but now they are like super glue"

         " That's because of their misunderstanding about each other's attitude but after they did their project they became friends."

         "Olivia, let's be honest, are they a couple?"

        "What no no "

       "I don't think so, why are you lying?"

        "I'm not because they aren't a couple. not yet." She gave me her smug look. And i knew my suspicions were correct.

         "Bye see you tomorrow" i said while going to the elevator "bye babe" she shouted. why is she so loud? 

I suddenly miss Noah'smother mrs.smith. we came to this flat almost a year because but from the moment she saw me she treats me as her own daughter. She even told me not to say Mrs.Smith but to call her mom. "Mom" I've never got the chance to call my mom because she died while giving me birth. I don't like my birthday. However I've never felt how it feels when you are with your mother and how it feels when you talk about your crush daily in school. I didn't know.. Because of her I get to feel what it is like being loved by your mother. 

      I rang the bell of their house even though she told me their password. I don't want to use it. It's like I'm invading their privacy. 

    "Oh Cleo my baby you are late today. Come  in" she said, giving me her beautiful smile that radiates her love. 

     "sorry mom i was hanging out with my friends that's why" 

      "No problem, come I've made your favorite cake, come  eat and tell me if it is good" After I sat down I took a bite.

       "Oh my god! so good mom it is so good."  And that moment I heard someone enter the password and I turned around from the dining area. Noah came with his brother John. when John saw me and he gave me an annoying look. 

       "Why are you in our home?"

       "John, is that how you're talking to someone older than you?" Mom shouted at him.

        "But she isn't behaving like someone older than me." I didn't say anything if Noah isn't here, I know what I should do with him. 

      "Noah hi! How was the day?" 

      "It was good until now," he said, giving me the cold shoulder. Ough why is he like this? Why can't he reply nicely? Mom glares at Noah but stays silent. She always scolds them when they say something like that but they never change it’s no use.

      " So darling, what do you think you are going to do? I mean what's the subject you are going to select when you are choosing a university?" Before i could even answer John said "what can she choose i mean can she even go to a university?" And I know now he is going over the limit of teasing me. 

        "John, just because you get high marks doesn't mean you can tease other people for their marks. Even though you are good at studies your creative side is zero and maybe i'm not as good as you for studies but when it comes to my creative side i'm good at it. Have I ever teased you for not being creative? Everyone has their own thing that they are good at. So don't do that you think you are so cool but the reality is you are showing off that you aren't mature enough to understand such a thing." with that he ran to his room.

I know maybe I'm harsh but he is sixteen years old, only two years younger than us, so he should know not to use words to hurt others without knowing how much it’ll hurt them.Maybe for  him it’s a joke but for others it’s not.maybe i actually want to tell this to Noah because he is in the bright student class while i’m in the average class.he also did look down on me just because i;m not good at studies like him without knowing how much it hurts.

I looked at mom and she gave me a proud look.I'm happy that she isn’t mad or upset. And I look at Noah and he is looking angry but I don't know if he is angry that I hurt his brother's feelings or he actually did get the idea I was talking to him too and I also insult him “not being mature enough”part.aster second or two he also goes after his brother. 

            "Mom i was thinking of choosing comic art but i still didn't think about any colleges"  

            "Wow that's great. Noah hasn't said anything and he doesn't even like it when we talk about it. His father likes it if he chooses the business side but we don't want him to choose something he doesn't want to do."

  At that moment my phone rang. 

       "Hello dad"  

       "Oh Cleo where are you?" 

      " I'm in Noah's home, why?"

       "Okay that's good to tell Mrs.Smith and her family to come to our restaurant for dinner today. I've invited mr.Smith morning but you also invite them again" 

        "Okay dad bye love you"

         " I love you too"

        "Mom, dad said to invite you to come to our restaurant for dinner today."

        " Oh yeah Ethan said that your dad invited  us to his restaurant. I couldn't tell Noah and John about that."

       "Okay mom, you go and tell them. I'll go and change"

     "Yeah after that let's go together okay " 

      "Mmm"

 

2