Kigal-Note/Skills: Unique Skills
625 74 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unique Skills:

Among the many skills in the world, there are a group of several types of skills that do not fit with any of the other categories of skills, or they grant too strong powers to be considered normal skills. That is what qualifies a Unique Skill.

These skills cannot be attained through normal means, often made unattainable through difficult Legacy Quests, or as rewards in close to unconquerable Dungeons of Chaos.

Abilities and Traits:

Many of these skills are highly specialized skills that integrate so many different skills that one cannot place them in one or two categories. Either that or they have abilities that are too powerful on its own, or too warped, to be contained in a single, normal skill.

All Unique Skill has a skill level cap of 10, but even with that, they are far stronger than any other skills at their highest level, even when the Unique Skill is at LV1.

Note: Despite their names, Unique Skills are not limited to one person at a time. Meaning, there can exist two people with the same Unique Skill at once.

Despite their many varieties and abilities, Unique Skills can be divided into four groups, based on their abilities, names, or acquisition methods. These are:

  • Heroic Unique Skills
    • Skills which are named after heroic, or villainous, characters from texts, legends, and myths, from Terra Sol, and other worlds.
    • The effects these skills have are based on the stories of these characters. A skill that involves commanding may be based on a famous general or strategist.
    • The acquisition method for these skills is to fulfill trials which are related to the legends of the person they are based on. This can be completing specific Legacy Quests, or completing high-level Dungeons of Chaos which has a connection of some sort to that hero or villain.
  • Monstrosity Unique Skills
    • Skills that are based on disastrous monsters that either exist for real on Terra Sol or simply in the stories. They can also be monstrosities from other worlds. Monstrosity Unique Skills can be divided into two sub-groups again:
      1. Full Monstrosity
      2. Half Monstrosity
    • Full Monstrosity skills can allow the skill-user to take the form and abilities of the monster it is based on.
      • In simpler terms, a transformation-type skill.
      • There are restrictions between the different skills, but all of them grant the user a separate HP, MP, and SP.
      • Even if the HP of the transformation runs out, only the transformation gets defeated, while the skill-user stays safe.
    • Half Monstrosity skills grant the special abilities of a powerful monster.
      • Unlike the Full Monstrosity skills, one does not need to do something special such as transforming into the beast to use the effects of the skills.
      • Half Monstrosity skills can also be an integration of several types of skills related to the monster it is based on.
      • A famous example of this is the Dragon Slayer series, which grants the ability of an A-rank Dragon monster of a single attribute. Other skills, except those of magical nature, will integrate into the Unique Skill, which will essentially increase their powers even more.
    • Both types of Monstrosity skills can be obtained through Legacy Quests or Dungeons of Chaos that is related to the creature in question. They can also be collected as rewards for Legendary-ranked Quests spread out through the world.
  • Lost Attribute Unique Skills
    • Lost Attribute Unique Skills are high-powered skills that are based on the attributes that do not naturally exist on Terra Sol. Namely, Chaos, Order, Dimension, Time, and Void.
    • Lost Attribute skills are far superior in their attribute than regular skills that have some connection to these attributes. An example is how Summoning magic cannot hold a candle-light to the effect of the [Dimensional Dungeon] skill of the Emperor Slime.
      • Note: despite this, there are no Time-attribute skills that enable time travel.
    • Lost Attribute skills may be received directly from the twelve Ultimate Gods, they can be earned as rewards of Legendary-ranked Quests, or some individuals may awaken to a Lost Attribute skill during their childhood. These are special cases and not every Lost Attribute skills can be obtainable through this way. 
  • Virtue/Sin Series Unique Skills
    • An exception from the other Unique Skills is that the Virtue Series and Sin Series of the Unique Skills are in the truest of words, unique.
    • These skills are only for the use of special monsters that acts as Dungeon Bosses in special Dungeons of Chaos. Meaning, they cannot be obtained through any means. One is instead rewarded with a weaker skill that has a relationship with that Virtue or Sin.
    • These skills have a skill level like the other Unique Skills. The reason for this is that the Boss of the Dungeon can act as a boss for other Dungeons of varying strengths. The Dungeon where the skill level of the Boss is 1 will be the weakest Dungeon that boss can appear in, and vice versa for Dungeons with the Boss at skill level 10.

Except for the last group, all Unique Skills are attainable through special means. However, some skills are part of a series, such as the Dragon Slayer series. If one gets a single skill from one of those series, they are unable to get another skill from the same series.

Garami's comment: Yeah..., these things are broken. Not that I'm unhappy with Hydra. And the second skill I'm aiming for, Empyrean Eyes, must be a Lost Attribute skill?

Alvatria's comment: Bingo, bingo! We have a winner! Also, go and get a Darkness-attribute Unique Skill. Like, right now!

Garami's comment: No way. I need to complete some Quest or Dungeon related to darkness then. I have had my fill with meeting a certain goddess that rules over that stuff, so no thanks.

19