Kigal-Note/Race: Demons
447 22 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demons:

The Demon race can be divided into three distinctive groups:

  1. Humanoid Demons: A type of humanoid monsters that are members of mankind. They are all classified as both humanoids and monsters. 
  2. Demonic Beasts: Demonic counterparts of animals and other non-humanoid creatures. They are all classified as monsters and are incapable of communicating with other species in a regular case.

Typical characteristics of the Demon races:

  • A large variety of skin colors.
    • The most usual skin color is blue, while red, purple, and green skin is also possible. 
    • In the case of a demon with the [Albino] skill, their skin will be a wicked white color, instead of simply pale.
    • There also exist demons with the same type of skin color as humans.
  • Black sclera.
    • Some demons may have regular white sclera or a combination of both.
  • Pupils with symbols in them (rare).
    • This is often the characteristic of that demon having a Magic Eye skill, or even an Evil Eye skill.
  • Horns.
    • Typically goat horns, but they can vary.
  • Bat-like wings.
    • Black feathered wings are also possible. Only on demons with flight-abilities.
  • Slender tails.
    • Not obligatory, but often seen on humanoid demons. There are other types of tails as well.

Abilities and traits:

All of the demon race emits a type of demonic aura body that inspires a certain type of feeling in those who witness them. It can be anything from fear to awe, from lust to disgust. Again, there may be some species that can conceal this aura, but no demons are conscious of their aura from the start.

Notable abilities that are repeatedly observed in the many demon species are skills related to mental manipulation, darkness attribute skills, summoning abilities, ruler abilities, and while rare, transformation abilities.

Demon Title:

All demons also have the Demon title from birth, which reduces and makes it more difficult to obtain positive Karma, while easing the acquisition of negative Karma. This title is given to any demonic creature, monster or not, but humanoid demons will also receive the [Demonic Storage] skill due to the secret effect of the title. Monsters who have a certain amount of mental capacity, and their sense of self, may also receive this skill.

Personality traits:

As one can probably guess from the abilities of a demon, they are a race that does not end their opponent in a single blow. Instead, they will slowly shave away their opponent's power while inflicting as much pain as possible, both physically and mentally. This may be the reason why demons tend to have a sadistic personality, even if it only shows in the middle of battle.

Another personality trait of the demon race is that they are true to their desires, whenever that may be greed, lust, sloth, or anything else. What type of desire they hold dear is decided by the species, and they hold little self-control when that desire is involved. Some rare cases may have a demon species that does not go crazy due to their desires. Instead, they have more desires than a normal person, while not too extreme degrees as with normal demons.

Relationship with Celestials:

Due to their nature and natural low Karma Value, the demon race is seen as an archenemy of the Celestial race, especially the Flugel species. However, many demon species do not despise Celestials. Quite the contrary, they find a perverse pleasure of annoying, tempting, and corrupting Celestials. This behavior is not found in demons with an inborn [Holy Weakness].

Demon Summoning:

Demons are one of the two humanoid, non-monster races that can be summoned with a summoning spell, the second one being Celestials. A demon can create a special summoning-grimoire that people can use to call upon the demon. When summoned, the demon will fulfill one wish for the summoner, as long as they can offer a fitting payment. 

Despite negative rumors about demon-summoning, demons are strict about their contracts, and will not try to harm the contractor that summoned them, as long as they fulfill their part of the bargain. Also, demons will only take accept payment of an equal value as their services. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lily's comment: ...Isn't Garami a demon? Are things gonna be alright for us?

Mira's comment: Don't say that! I'm trying not to think about it!

19