Kigal-Note: The Twelve Ultimate Disasters
518 28 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Prophecy of the Disasters:

In the year of 307 of the New Terrian Calendar, a prophecy was told by the greatest Oracle on the Noterra continent, Dilana Pythia. This prophecy spoke of twelve calamities that could destroy not only the continent but also harm the whole world as people know it.

Due to the scale of destruction, and that the calamities had the same amount, and elemental attributes, as the twelve Ultimate Gods, people decided to call these monstrosities for the Twelve Ultimate Disasters.

The Reason for the Disasters:

All the Disasters are special, as they are creations due to several mistakes done within the World System. The Migrants call these mistakes for "bugs". Due to this, the World System has announced special World Quests that request the subjugation of the twelve Disasters.

Not much more information is possible to obtain from these creatures or objects, as they are either too hidden for even the gods to take actions against, or they are bidding their time to strike against the world. Many theories exist for the Disasters' veil of mystery, including the less pleasant ones that go about how even the gods lack the means to stop the Disasters.

The Subjugation of the Disasters:

The rewards include the corpse of the Disaster itself, but only after it has been cleaned for any of the destructive abilities it had that gave it the name of a Disaster. Other rewards include a special high-grade item that has some connection to the Disaster.

While this reward is only given to the MVP of the Disaster subjugation, but all participants will receive the special title, Ultimate Slayer. Through this title, one will obtain 10 skill points. And if one fulfills the requirements for this title again, one will obtain another 10 skill points.

Abilities and Traits of the Disasters:

While information about them is lacking, there is some information obtained about the Disasters. All confirmed Disasters has the two following traits: a special ability to dodge elimination by the gods, and an ability that could threaten the world. 

The currently known information about the twelve Disasters are as following:

  • Disaster of Fire
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: There is yet to be any concrete information on the Disaster of Fire. However, there has been reported that multiple volcanoes around the world have become more active as of the last 16 years, with several inactive ones also starting to wake up. Whenever this is the effect of the Disaster of Fire is unknown, but many researchers believe there is a great possibility for it to be true.
  • Disaster of Water
    • Name: Glavras/The Water-Knot of Glavras
    • Species: Pure Water Dragon/Dungeon
    • Current Status: Inactive (Defeated/Destroyed)
    • Information: Glavras used to be a normal water snake monster that lived in a secluded lake inside the Velantas Forest. However, after it evolved to a Pure Water Dragon, it created a Dungeon, using half of its soul as material. Due to this, the Dungeon obtained several abilities it should under any circumstances had obtained, which qualified the combination of the Dungeon and Dragon as an Ultimate Disaster.
    • Destructive abilities: The Dungeon, [The Water-Knot of Glavras], had inherited the skills, [Harvesting], and [Water Alchemy] from Glavras. Due to the effects gained from these skills, the Dungeon could 'harvest' any water from the outside world. [Water Alchemy] was used to create aether-infused water through the process of using 10 units of one type of water to create 1 unit of a higher-ranking version of the water. This created a faux-compression of the water, allowing the Dungeon to stock on as much water it wanted, and it also could steal water from the outside for as long as it wanted, until Terra Sol would be reduced to a desert planet. 
    • Protective abilities: The Dungeon, [The Water-Knot of Glavras], also had the effects of the following skills: [Observation Interference] and [Mind Forget]. Due to this, the Dungeon would be more difficult to find the more one knew about it, to the point of it being inaccessible if one knew too much about, so it turned out to be impossible for the World System Administrators to do a thing against the Dungeon. Even those who would find the Dungeon by chance would forget any vital information about the location of the Dungeon, meaning one had to clear the Dungeon in one go after randomly finding it the first time.
    • Subjugation: Glavras was defeated by a Reha Zera that is reported to have been born inside the Dungeon due to the death of a Kodokumo Emperor that once tried to defeat Glavras in the early years of the Dungeon. Said Reha Zera used the remains of the Kodokumo Emperor to create a special type of curse-poison, and then it reprogrammed the Dungeon's water purification abilities to flood the Dungeon with the poison, for then finishing off the lake dragon on its own. 
    • Aftermath:
      • The damage that the Disaster of Water has made is luckily only affected the region of Velantas, while unluckily, it has destroyed the previous woodland region, replacing it with what is now called, the Velantas Deadlands.
      • Sources tell that the water stolen by the Disaster is underway to be returned to the region, but due to an unknown party, the water is now being stored inside the Dungeon located on the eastern side of Velantas, the Husk Forest.
      • All possible ways of adding someone's skills to a Dungeon was rendered impossible after the defeat of Glavras, to prevent the birth of a second Water-Knot Dungeon.
      • The Reha Zera that defeated the Disaster has after that evolved into the humanoid demon species called Kur Kigal. The individual is called Garami, and is currently the Champion of Alvatria, mostly due to their efforts in thwarting the plans of the Disaster of Water.
  • Disaster of Wind
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Wind yet. Some people say it is related to the stormy valleys of the Griffon region, but the powerful gusts of wind have existed long before the prophecy of the Disasters was made, so this theory is being taken with a pinch of salt.
  • Disaster of Earth
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Earth yet. Some say it is hiding deep underneath the earth, but no proof has been found about its identity yet.
  • Disaster of Light
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Light yet. People believe it hides in the Celestial Islands in the skies, or within the sun-scorched Ranson desert regions, but no proof is yet to be discovered.
  • Disaster of Darkness
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Darkness yet. Due to its elemental attribute, people believe it hides in the flightless depths of the oceans, while others believe it is some kind of hidden treasure within a yet-to-be-discovered ruin, mostly due to the Ultimate Goddess of the same attribute.
  • Disaster of Ice
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Ice yet. Researchers have been observing the temperature of several regions in hope of witnessing a hint for this Disaster's whereabouts, but they have yet to figure it out.
  • Disaster of Metal
    • Name: Bittersteel
    • Species: Living Armor Chimera
    • Current Status: Inactive (Destroyed)
    • Information: Bittersteel was a tamed monster that served an unknown Summoner. Said Summoner tried to grant the skill, [Self-Modification], from a tamed Chimera monster through an original spell created by the Summoner. The spell was successful but due to obtaining a skill from the patchwork of monsters, the Chimera, the inorganic Living Armor's mind broke, making it kill its master, and becoming a wild monster again. Two years after that, during the war between the kingdoms of Avalar and Groxlia in the year 309, Bittersteel reappeared again, taking advantage of the war to scavenge the weapons of the fallen soldiers to enhance its power.
    • Destructive abilities: The [Self-Modification] skill Bittersteel had inherited from the Chimera allowed it to add the abilities of any metallic items to itself. This does not mean it will have more weapons to use on its body, it means that all the effects and strengths of all the items are added to its total pole. This power-up will remain even if said item is broken off Bittersteel's body, making him stronger for each metal equipment one challenge him with. That, with its berserker-like mindset, would make Bittersteel go on a conquest against the world, with the possibility of killing all life on Terra Sol while growing stronger for each encounter with those that use metal equipment.
    • Protective abilities: One of the first items that Bittersteel incorporated into himself was a special barrier device that was developed by the Groxlia kingdom. The effect of the device was to make itself more powerful by draining away the divine powers used by Avalar's holy knight squads. This, however, when incorporated into Bittersteel, turned into a barrier that could even fend off what powers the gods could use on Terra Sol without creating massive casualties. 
    • Subjugation: Bittersteel was defeated by the cooperation of the four first Champions of the Ultimate Gods and a single swordsman. The Champion of Steel created several revolutionary minus-weapons that had a negative ATK or DEF value, which was then stacked on Bittersteel by the Champion of Wind. With Bittersteel weakened by the minus-weapons, the Champion of Earth used a Unique Skill to create a large tree that worked as a spear to pry open Bittersteel's armor, followed up by the swordsman destroying the heart of the Disaster with a single wooden sword. The Champion of Life rescued all the soldiers, whenever they were from Avalar or Groxlia, and gave them medical treatment while the remaining four took care of Bittersteel.
    • Aftermath:
      • The World System Administrators put up higher security against the acquisition of skills with unusual methods after witnessing the cheat-level strength of Bittersteel. It did not affect the Living Armor itself when it was alive.
      • The Groxlia kingdom withdrew from the war, and have kept themselves mostly within their country's borders for the last 18 years.
      • The Avalar kingdom gained a large amount of metal in the form of Bittersteel's course, which they used to gear up their whole military.
      • The lone swordsman, Quirick Marshel, became the third king of Avalar, due to his leadership over the army and the four Champions against the fight with the Disaster, and his abilities with the sword, which is considered the greatest ability the king of the Avalar kingdom needs. Quirick was also crowned as the Hero King.
      • The Champion of Earth, Galleth Dreormd, joined the Avalar Kingdom as a general in their army. The other three Champions went their own ways after the war.
  • Disaster of Life
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Life yet. There have been some strange movements in the Velantas region and the Mahara region, where newly discovered monster species have been discovered in masses. While some believe this is due to the Disaster of Life, a single Disaster cannot exist in two places, which makes most people believe it is just a coincidence. Marquise Leonardo Velantas once reported that he has some idea of what the Disaster could be, but on a later date withdrew his statement for some reason.
  • Disaster of Death
    • Name: Clepsydra
    • Species: Plague Reaper (Grim Reaper?)
    • Current Status: Active
    • Information: A Grim Reaper-like creature that travels over the land of Noterra. This creature has been witnessed many times, appearing along with a purple- and black fog. Clepsydra is a jet-black skeleton dressed in a black robe decorated with crow feathers and a large-brimmed fedora-based hat. It wields a massive Death Scythe with an hourglass-ornament at the end. The creature has been traveling across Noterra over the last 15 years, cutting down any living and non-living creature in its path. It has only been seen as a mass of fog, but when it tried to enter the Avalar kingdom it was stopped by the Hero King, Quirick Marshel Avalar himself. Due to this encounter, more information about the Disaster was obtained, but the fight ended in a draw when the Grim Reaper decided to retreat.
    • Destructive abilities: Any land where the Plague Reaper has passed seems to have lost all its ability to support life. No grass or plants grow anymore on the track where Celpsydra has passed. During his battle with the Disaster, Quirick Avalar experienced a drop in all his abilities when fighting in the fog, including HP, MP, SP; STR, and every other stats, except for INT and LUC. The reason for this is still under investigation. All travelers are asked to keep away from any mysterious moving fog banks when traveling.
    • Protective abilities: When fighting against the Disaster of Death, Hero King Quirick Avalar noticed that the Reaper had no form of life-force. No HP, no MP, SP, nothing. This may be some kind of skill that hides the Reaper's stats, but if not, that means that the Plague Reaper is impossible to kill due to not having an HP to wither down.
  • Disaster of Order
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Order yet. Due to its closeness with the divine, it is expected that the Disaster of Order is something related to the gods. Maybe even a new type of divine monster, like how the Lesser Gods can incarnate themselves on Terra Sol for a limited time. No proof has yet to be found for this theory.
  • Disaster of Chaos
    • Current Status: Unknown
    • Information: No information has been discovered about the Disaster of Chaos yet. Many people believe this Disaster is related to Tres Clades, but nothing is yet to be proven.

Garami's comment: Yikes... what a list... and most of them are only theories... and that damn Leonardo! I told him not to tell anyone about the heart!

Mira's comment: That's because you had to even give him the slightest amount of information. But he must have chickened out when seeing the monster army, so I'm not that mad at him. Still gonna have him pay us back for breaking his promise. How much should I charge him for?

17