Kigal-Note/Class/Magician Classes: Summoner
345 26 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Class: Summoner
Unlock Requirements:
  • The Tamer class at LV10 or higher.
  • Having the [Summoning] skill.
  • Being in the possession of one or more magician class(es).
Effects:
  • Grants skills related to Summoning magic.
  • Grants specific Summoning spells.
  • Grants the control of a limited amount of summoned creatures.

Description:

The Summoner class is a branched off class from the Tamer class. While keeping the former class' powers to tame monsters, it focuses more on summoning monsters to do the class-holder's bidding with a temporal contract.

The class is dependent on the [Summoning] magic skill, to a point where almost all the rewards for leveling up the class are summoning spells for specific monsters that has some relationship with the summoner. Any Tamer-class holder can learn the [Summoning] skill, but only a Summoner can use it to its full potential. 

Unlike the Tamer class, where the ability to tame monsters comes from the [Tamer's Command] skill, the ability to make monsters do the summoner's bidding is an ability directly connected to the Summoner class. One can still use free slots of the [Tamer's Command] skill to make the temporal contract. This also works for similar Tamer-skills.

When first received, the class allows the summoner to command 6 monsters, and it gains an additional slot for each fivefold and tenfold level, meaning that a Summoner at LV50 can command 16 monsters1The original 6 +  the 10 extras obtained from leveling the skill. without the help from any other powers.

Note that the summoned monsters will not receive the EXP they have earned until the summoning has ended, they cannot learn new skills during the summoning, and titles and Blessings will only be given to them after they have been un-summoned. Needless to say, they cannot evolve either.

The summonings possible to learn with the Summoner class is as said before, dependent on the summoner themselves. This means that any monster the summoner has a connection to, be it due to their race, a title, attributes, or whatever, reflects on to what summoning spell that is possible to learn with the class. The spells are chosen by the summoner themselves. 

The strength of the possible [Summoning] spells accessible goes up with the class' level and the strength of the summoner themselves. Meaning that even if one can only call upon monsters of rank F at first, with enough training, one can call upon rank C monsters even. It's good to remember that the amount of higher-ranked monsters is lower than the lower-ranked, so there may be times when no creature can answer your summonings.

Abilities obtained from leveling up the Summoner class:

  1. 1 specific [Summoning] spell
  2. 1 specific [Summoning] spell
  3. 1 specific [Summoning] spell
  4. 1 extra Accessory slot
  5. [Reduced Summoning Consumption LV1]
  6. 1 specific [Summoning] spell
  7. [Call of the Hero LV1]
  8. [Grand Summoning LV1]

Each entry on the list is available when reaching a class level of a tenfold. The first two items are received the moment one obtains the class. In the case of Summoner being selected as the Main Class, one will get the three first items instead. The final item is only obtainable for those with Summoner as the Main Class.

Carion's comment: From the looks of it, the [Call of the Hero] skill decreases the randomness of random [Summoning] spells, giving you a better chance to obtain the exact race you want.

Garami's comment: But it's at level 50 for me... Tch, I'm gonna save my current Skill Points for Alchemist, so I'll reach LV50 with both magician classes before having enough Points again.

9