Kigal-Note/Skills/Unique Skill: Dragon Slayer Series
358 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon Slayer Series:

Some Unique Skills can be gathered into several groups, also called Series, and one of those Series is about a Unique Skill that is given as a gift for clearing the Legacy Quest, [The Blood of Dragon].

How to Obtain:

The conditions for clearing this Quest is to obtain the Dragon Slayer title, and the reward for clearing it is a Unique skill based on an Element skill the Quest-clearer has. Only normal-ranked Elements or higher qualifies. Lesser Elements don't work.

The Unique Skills obtainable from this Quest is dubbed the Dragon Slayer Series, due to their origin of needing the Dragon Slayer title to complete the Quest.

Abilities and Traits:

All these skills are Half Monstrosity Unique Skills, each based on a rank A dragon-species of a single attribute. All these dragons are native to Terra Sol, and some may share their name with dragons of other worlds. Due to the skill being a Quest Reward, it means that one cannot obtain two different Dragon Slayer Series skills.

The abilities of the Dragon Slayer Series are roughly divided into two; one being an enhancement to the chosen attribute, the other being abilities of the dragon the skill is based on.

The enhancement ability means that every skill that allows the skill-user to use the selected attribute gets integrated into the Dragon Slayer skill. Magic Skills that only reproduce the attribute with magic formulas, or Crafting Skills that only process the materials containing the attribute does not get integrated. 

The Unique Skill will also give the skill-user more abilities of the same attribute as they level up the skill, but only those that the dragon it's based on can use. The amount and quality of the new abilities depend not only on the skill but also on the compatibility between the skill-user and those skills. The skill obtained may seem random at first, but they are what the skill-user subconsciously wishes for.

Any new skills obtained through other means are also integrated into the skill. The Dragon Slayer skill will obtain all the proficiency that the integrated skill had when this happens. 

The second ability is referring to other abilities that the dragon that the skill is based on has. For example, the [Tarasque, Dragon of Mud] skill will also manifest the turtle dragon's defensive abilities, while [Nidhogg, Dragon of Death] grants the biting abilities of the life-eating snake.

As the skill levels up, several new abilities will be granted along the way, including the special abilities given by the skill. All the different Dragon Slayer Series skills award the following skills at the following levels:

  • LV3: Awards the ability to create a dragon of the Dragon Slayer skill's attribute to attack the enemy.
    • The cost of this ability is X00 MP, with the lowest possible value of X is 3, while the highest is the same as the Dragon Slayer skill's level. The strength of the dragon is depending on the MP used. 
    • The dragon created is a copy of the dragon-species that the Dragon Slayer skill is based on.
    • The ability is named after the dragon that the Dragon Slayer skill is based on.
  • LV5: The ability to bestow the ability of the dragon to others. Only the basic abilities of the Dragon Slayer skill is granted. No skills integrated into the skill will be granted.
    • This refers to the element-based boost and the secondary abilities of the Dragon Slayer skill. No skills that are integrated into the Unique Skill are given.
    • The Blessing requires 200 MP to be used, but people with great compatibility to the dragon will require less MP. The lowest possible amount of MP needed is 100. There is also the possibility of the Blessing needing more MP if the compatibility between the target and the dragon is the worst.
    • The ability is named "Dragon's Blessing", with "Dragon" being replaced with the name of the species that the Dragon Slayer skill is based on.
  • LV7: The ability to create phantom-like scales of the dragon on the skill-user's body.
    • The scales reduce damage taken from any attack, with a bonus reduction when used against the same attribute as the Dragon Slayer skill, or an attribute related to it.
    • However, using this ability against moves that are effective against the Dragon Slayer skill's attribute will increase the damage taken instead of reducing it.
    • The use of this ability will consume MP based on the damage taken after reduction. The amount of MP used is lessened with a higher skill level.
    • The ability is named "Dragon's Scales", with "Dragon" being replaced with the name of the species that the Dragon Slayer skill is based on.
  • LV9: The ability to use the dragon's breath weapon.
    • This ability needs SP, as opposed to the other abilities that need MP.
    • The power of the breath depends on the skill-user's STR or MAG stat, depending on the dragon the skill is based on, as well as the skill user's lung capacity. 
    • The breath is equal to that of the real dragon and will inflict pure attribute-based damage.
    • The ability is named "Dragon's Breath", with "Dragon" being replaced with the name of the species that the Dragon Slayer skill is based on.

Garami's comment: The scales may not be that worthwhile for me, but if I sick some dragons at Mira and Lily...

Mira's comment: ...I just got the worst shivers in my life.

13