Bus Incident
87 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Izumi woke up and did the usual greeting with Raphael. He first went downstairs and saw his breakfast on the table just like before and a note was placed there. He picked up the note and read.

"Good Morning Sweety,

Today I made your dish. I left early because I didn't want to cry again.

Good Luck with your school life and enjoy it. Don't worry about me or other things. Mama will take care of it. Just enjoy High School and take care of your health. Also, I had a talk with Director and you are allowed to take care of Laptop in the school as it had all the data or you would have to start again but It would be checked first, so don't worry when they ask you and take it to Staff first. No data will be taken or stolen or copied. I guarantee it. Bye-Bye, Take Care, Love You, Sweety."

"Love you too Mom," Izumi said in a whisper and then placed the note in the room where he kept other notes.

He took a bath, ate his breakfast, and then left for the bus after locking the door and keeping the key in a place where only he and Iori knew.

The Bus was mostly empty when he entered it so he decided to talk with Raphael till then while also being conscious to miss the start.

30 minutes later he heard a line that he had read in the novel.

"Excuse me, but shouldn't you offer up your seat?" said the young office lady who was standing beside an elderly lady. He had already planned on giving up his seat but not before watching the drama and he would stand up before Kushida speaks up. Yeah, he had a personal bias against her but he would wait and see if it was the same. He had already seen her, Horikita Suzune, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, and Rokusuke Koenji.

"Hey, you there. Can't you see that this elderly woman is having trouble?" the office lady said.

She seemed to want the young man to offer up his seat.

Her voice carried quite well throughout the quiet bus, attracting several people's attention.

"That's a really crazy question, lady," Koenji said.

He grinned broadly and crossed his legs. "Why should I offer up my seat? There's no reason for me to do so."

"You're sitting in a priority seat. It's natural to offer up those seats to the elderly."

"I don't understand. Priority seats are just that: priority seats. I have no legal obligation to move. Since I'm currently occupying this seat, I should be the one who determines whether or not I move. Am I supposed to give up my seat just because I'm young? Ha! That reasoning is nonsense."

"I'm a healthy young person who certainly wouldn't find standing inconvenient. However, I'd obviously expend more energy by standing than I would by sitting. I have no intention of doing such a pointless thing. Or are you suggesting I should act a bit livelier, I wonder?"

"Wh-what kind of attitude is that to take with your superiors?" she demanded.

"Superiors? Well, it's obvious that both you and the old woman there have been alive longer than I have. There can be no doubt about that. However, the word 'superior' implies that you're referring to someone of a higher position. In addition, we have another problem. Even though our ages are different, wouldn't you agree that you have an impertinent attitude and are being extremely rude?"

"Wha— You're a high schooler, aren't you?! You should be quiet and listen to what adults tell you!"

"It's f-fine, whatever…" the elderly woman mumbled.

She apparently didn't want any further commotion and tried to calm the office lady. But after being insulted by the high school student, the younger woman still seemed very upset.

"Apparently, this elderly woman is more perceptive than you, which is nice. Also, I haven't given up on Japanese society yet. Please enjoy your remaining years."

After flashing a pointlessly vigorous smile, Koenji slid his earphones in and began listening to rather cacophonous music. The office lady now clenched her teeth in frustration. Though she tried needling the boy by arguing further, his smug, self-important attitude remained fixed.

"I'm sorry…" Desperately fighting back her tears, the office lady apologized to the elderly woman.

Just then Izumi stood up from his seat and said, "You can take up my seat."

"Ahh! A fight in the morning, it seems like today's day is gonna be bad for everyone."

Izumi said with a smile. Clearly, his word was like a curse to everyone while still keeping a smile.

He said to make everyone who was watching feel slightly bad that they were only watching.

"Thank You," said both Office Lady and Elderly woman, "Though you should say things like that." said the elderly one, to which he nodded with a smile and said, "I know." loud enough that everyone in the bus heard him and made it clear that he said it on purpose.

A few people had a frown after hearing this, both Horikita Suzune and Rokusuke Koenji were among them while Ayanokouji remained apathetic but his eyes had a slight interest and he ignored Kushida actively.

Seeing him like this, the elderly woman didn't what to say and decided to not bother him while the Office lady also didn't say anything.

A few minutes later, the bus stopped and all the students of Advanced Nurturing High School stepped out of the bus.

Izumi looked at the gate and saw the people with Schoold dresses entering the gate and decided to walk through. Just as he was about to take a step he heard two voices, one from a girl and the other from a boy.

"Stop!" "Stop!"

He didn't stop as he didn't want to deal with help and kept on walking. Just after a few steps, he felt someone was about to put a hand on his shoulder. Even though he knew it was Koenji and Horikita he stepped forward and the two of them fell a little but stabled themself. He turned around and saw the two and said, "Oh You two are from the bus! The fighting boy and reading girl. What do you two want? By the way, I am Miyamura Izumi. You two can also introduce yourself and maybe we will see each other in the school in the future."

Izumi said with a smirk on his face.

Seeing his smirk both of them were slightly irked but still nodded and said,

"I am Horikita Suzune."

"I am Rokusuke Koenji, heir of  Koenji Conglomerate."

"Hello, Horikita San, Rokusuke Kun, heir of Koenji Conglomerate. Do you want something from me?"

"Horikita is fine." "Koenji is fine."

"And yes, I wanted to ask you why did you say that on the bus?" (Koenji)

"Same question and also why did you also give up the seat?" (Horikita)

"Why did you fight with her Koenji?" Izumi asked with a smile.

"It's because..."

Izumi cut him off and said, "You said you wanted to preserve energy. But with fighting you spent more energy than preserving and as we are students, we are gonna have to study while sitting so more mental energy will be spent than physical energy and while talking back, you wasted much energy and also became 'bad' in others eyes. Now I will ask again, why did you fight for a seat instead of getting up? Think about it. And As for why I said, it was just for fun and maybe a joke to guilt trap them."

Izumi explained calmly to Koenji and then looked at Horikita, " You asked me why I gave up the seat, It was because I wanted to. Nothing else, no reason or strings attached. Now I will ask you, with the type of book you were reading, Do you think it was ok for anyone to not get up and give their seat?" Saying this Izumi turned around and left without listening to their answers. While the two had a pensive look at their faces and were thinking.

Ayanokouji who was watching all this and listening to the conversation now had an interested look on his face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please support me on P@treon: [email protected]/Kaoski

Extra Chapters will be available with commissions too.

6