The traveling man.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 21st, 2034.
  My name is Tobias Pane. I thought I'd write that down if I don't make it. The resupply went about as well as I thought it would. A lot of barkin about prices on both sides, but in the end, I got what I came for. Enough food and bullets to last me to the next town. Wish they had water to spare, but that stuff is worth more than gold nowadays.
It's been six days since I've seen another human being.
  The thirst is getting worse. The last time I had water was three days ago. Some poor bastard bit the big one and left me enough purified water to last a few days. It's gone now, And I can't drink any of the stuff in the rivers and lakes since it started glowin green.
  Not much else but sand, abandoned cars, and rusted-out old buildings. Nothing for a fella looking to survive.
I can steal the little moisture left in the air using this thingamabob I found on some old fella a few weeks back while crossing New Mexico. The only thing is, according to this things screen, it only has one use left.
  I'd better keep it for some dire times. Boy, howdy, have I had plenty of those. I've been walking toward whatever has been pulling me for three weeks, and they have not been easy.
  Some people miss the old world. The world of fast cars that guzzled gas like it would never run out. The world of water wasting, just for fun. The world of small conveniences and not having to get off your ass to get what you need.
  To hell with the old world. It was run by assholes anyways. That's not to say that the world we got now is any better, but it almost ain't worse.
  People are still dying of starvation and disease. Others go due to hopelessness. Heck, I buried my best friend Eddy three months ago. Poor bastard wandered off into the wasteland surrounding Tucson in search of his daughter. I found him hugging her corpse to his chest with his brains splattered all over them. I took his gun and supplies; I'm not proud of it, but he wouldn't need them anymore.
  Started walking after that. The whole incident got me thinkin of my kin and such.
  Been through Nevada and crossed Idaho. Not much to see in either of them. Tried to stop by salt lake city, but it was overrun by freaks and on fire when I got there. Finally made it to what I can guess is Montana. Got shot at while crossing the state line.
  Makin my way to the Canadian border, heading to Regina. My sister used to live there before it all went to shit, and I figured she wouldn't mind putting me up for a few nights. If she made it.
  The weather has been really strange lately, stranger than it ever has been before. I guess it's true what they say. The world is done taking our crap. The snow is just a memory for us old-timers. I can't remember the last time it rained more than a trickle.
  I heard the land from San Antonio to Houston is underwater now, thanks to flooding from the constant hurricanes. Austin is still dry for now.
  I guess il leave it at that for tonight. I better find shelter for the day. Ain't nobody wants to be out and about when that sun starts beatin down, especially with the ozone layer having more holes in it than Swiss cheese. God, I miss cheese, steak, and cows. Best to stop those thoughts, could be at it for hours naming things I miss. There are small things I miss about the old world, even if it was crap for the most part.

0