Attack of the Freaks.
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 23rd, 2034.
  I woke up out of a dead sleep to the sound of movement. Outside the cave I was held up in, I could hear the shuffling of feet. I stayed as quiet as I could. I lifted myself up off the ground and reached for my old .45.
  By this point, they're right outside the mouth of the cave. I could smell'em, the rotten stank of bodies that have never known the cleansing touch of water. Let alone any kind of soap.
  I set myself up behind a large stone on the side of the cave to wait for them to come in. I didn't have to wait long.
  They sent in this scrawny-looking kid. Not a stitch of clothes on him, but he was carryin quite the knife in his hands. It might be dangerous to let him get close. So I took aim. One through his chest would do.
  As my finger coiled around the trigger, I could swear the kid was lookin right at me. Big glassy eyes reflected the light burning from his small torch. He looked scared.
  I lowered the gun as he didn't appear to be a threat. I bent down to pick up a rock and threw it deeper into the cave. As the kid passed my hiding spot, I knocked him out with one well-placed blow to the back of his head. The torch went flying to the ground casting shadows all over the cave.
  I checked the kid to see if he was still breathing and found that he was all skin and bones. His feet were a bleeding mess. His face was black and blue. A slave. Likely from some camp hidden out in the back woods, just what I needed.
  I sat down to think of my next move when I heard more footsteps from outside. Whoever he was with, they were coming in after him.
  I stuck my head out of the cave to see if I could catch a glimpse of them. A bullet hit the rock near my face as my head peeked out from hiding. From what I had glimpsed, there were at least six of'em.
  I would have stood up and taken aim, hoping to get a couple, or all of em, before they got me. But just as I was preparing to jump out, the kid from in the cave screeched something, making me turn to face him before knocking me across the jaw with a rock.
  Ears ringing from the blow, I stumbled into the open, where the no-good bastards shot me in the leg. I fell to the ground clutching my leg and spitting teeth before one of the bigger ones stomped on my head, making everything go fuzzy for a while. the second blow made everything go dark.

0