Second Chapter: ‘Silver will slay the king.’
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The librarian was alone in a library full of every prophecy that would be told. 

They had read every single one, but they were still confined to this world of theirs.

Only occasionally once a prophecy from them was given, would they be able to see the worlds depicted in the prophecy. It was only a snippet of info related to the prophecy itself but it was at least something different to see.

So the librarian opened up the book that told the tale of their most recent guest.



The man was named Anforel George Annel. After he returned from what he believed to be the pond of God's envoy, he didn’t waste a moment informing everyone 

 

The reaction was to be expected. Fear and worry. The only thing that was split was what they would do to prevent the prophecy from occurring. 

 

However, that choice wasn’t up to them.

 

On the night of the fifth day of no decision being made, Anforel had used his power to take away the cow without anyone noticing and by the time morning had come, no one knew where it went.

 

Weeks passed with no one knowing where the cow was, but as time progressed people were fine. As nothing was wrong with the world.

 

That they noticed anyway.

 

It started slow, harvest was less for a year.

 

Then the number of sick people a month was raised by 400%.

 

Then the beast started to attack people unprovoked.

 

The secret of Anforel George Annel's action was eventually revealed and when people found out what he did, they were furious.

 

But Anforel didn’t budge, he wouldn’t allow harm to come to pass.  The creature caged away from the sun was protected from dangers that would face it while staying in a created paradise.

 

But then, as the years passed, the days became shorter, the nights colder, the sea dropping, storms ever recurring, and more people died. During that time, at some point, Anforel George Annel went missing, no one knowing if he died or went into hiding. 

 

People were lost. Panic and despair filled the air they breathed.

 

The oldest lost hope for the future, the parents were scared they wouldn’t feed their children, and the kids were worried if they would still be with their family when they awoke.

 

After the people’s desperation reached its peak, someone finally found where the cow was hidden.

 

This led to a frenzy of people to break into its holdings to set it free.

 

However, all that they found was the cow lying on its side dead in a small field underground of the lushest green grass. No one knew how long it had been since it left the world of the living but… now that their Hope was lost, they didn’t know what to do.


The librarian stopped reading the story, it wanted to believe something different would happen, it always wanted something different to happen, but the results never changed.

The story was headed for a happy ending, but the tragedy could've been prevented.

“...One day, I am going to find a world that will prove it…” The librarian placed the book back on the shelf behind the desk and it vanished, only to appear on a different shelf in the library.

The librarian swung their head back and spun on the chair as they debated what they would do, but before they even got a chance to make a decision. The world itself shook.

“Another one so soon? Sigh…” 

The librarian just let the world rip them apart.

The scenery changed once again, the library vanished and in its place was a large expanse of water but in the far distance, one could see large trees that engulfed the sky with their leaves and branches. 

In the centre of this pond was a small island, with a feminine figure with long golden hair and purple butterfly wings standing in the centre, adjusting to the changes. Their clothes could only be described as a massive piece of white cloth with only a hole for the head.

“Another pond? Sigh, well let’s see how this one goes.”

The librarian sat down on a boulder and waited for the guest to arrive.

It didn’t take long for a human wearing full-bodied armour to emerge from the water.

“Argh! Cough, cough, cough!” 

They grabbed on the small piece of land, pulled themselves up and immediately ripped their helmet off which caused water to full out.

Cough.”

They coughed for a few more minutes before the knight finally looked up.

The librarian looked down at the female knight, “Welcome to the library, are you going to leave? I suggest it. There is never anything worthwhile here.”

The female knight looked up at the fairy, its hollow eyes should’ve been creeping, but somehow the knight found them captivating.

“...Dear fairy, can I find prophecies related to my kingdom here?”

“Yes.”

“Then I’m in the right place.” The knight stood up proud and strong.

The fairy stood up and said, “I wouldn’t recommend it, what you’ll learn here will provide you and your kingdom unneeded suffering.”

The knight began to consider her options, it had duty, but this enchanting fairy seemed so concerned about her webbing… It cared about her.

Clench.

The knight clenched her fist and bit her tongue. She didn't know if this was the fairy’s mythical magic charm or not, but either way, she couldn’t stop there.

“No, my fate is to be here.”

The fairy begged, “This is your final chance.”

The knight yelled, “NO!” Before she calmed down, and calmly spoke, “No, I will find what my kingdom needs.”

“So be it.” The librarian felt the world’s hold on it begin to tighten, as the world strangles its being, preventing it from talking anymore.

A myriad of lights appeared in the large stretch of water, each one glowing a different colour.

The fairy spoke, “I need your help to find the correct prophecy, now please tell me about your home.”

The knight gulped and gladly began to talk about their home.

With pride and praise, they talked about the Kingdom of Leganes. It had reached a new age of prosperity under their newest king, who had now reigned for ten years, King Lvens.

They started by talking about the general landscape of the kingdom. Sunny plains, clear skies, shops with a large variety of foods. The Kingdom had lasted for five hundred years, with the current longest reigning king being King Lvens’ grandfather, King Gold, who reigned for 50th years, but they were expecting King Lvens to break that record.

Many lights had faded, but many more still shone.

“I require more information.”

At the fairy’s request, the knight continued, she spoke about how the kingdom had a famous grain and metalworks industry–with some famous families that had been working in those fields for generations–and she named the famous artists and art that the kingdom produced.

Then she talked about her favourite pastry, and how amazing the sky became when orangburst lights appeared. 

Once the knight was done, three lights were remaining.

With that, the fairy asked, “There are three prophecies relevant to your request.”

Three pillars of light converged in front of the fair and formed into three scrolls which were read aloud.



On the tenth day, after the fifth act of aggression, the king will meet his end by the hands of a sword forged by Silver.



King Lvens will be known by future generations to be the longest-reigning ruler of the Kingdom of Leganes.



The death of the king will shake the Kingdom of Leganes to its core. It will signal the end for the kingdom as a whole, and a new dark age for the continent will begin after that. Fires will burn destroying history, floods shall flow destroying homes, and storms begin to form destroying crops.



Two simple and one long prophecy, all told their tale without any fanfare.

The fairy waved the scrolls away, “Here you go, you may take these with you.” 

The three scrolls floated down to the knight.

“You can leave the way you came, don’t worry those scrolls won’t be damaged by mere water.” The fairy sat back down on the rock, ready for the events they would see later.

It took a moment for the knight to recover herself. When she did, the knight placed the scrolls in her wet pouch and nodded. The prophecies were a bigger mental strain than she was expecting, but following her king's advice she decided to save the thinking for later and return first and foremost.

“Thank you for everything dear fairy, but I must leave.”

The librarian didn’t say anything and watched the knight walk to the waterside.

She was clearly nervous, maybe scared she would drown this time.

But they clenched their hands and took a leap of faith into the water.

After five minutes the lake began to dissipate and the librarian just waited for it to be over.

 

And we have reached the gimmick of the story. For the most part, every chapter will have a prophecy, sometimes it will be a rhyme, sometimes just a clear sequence of events, sometimes something else. Then we will see what happened to that world next chapter. The rules and restrictions of how prophecies are told can change, so I guess time for me to find some interesting ideas in back of my head. 

Sometimes guesses the result of the prophecy can be easy, sometimes hard. There will always be some info about the world along with the prophecy that should make it possible to guess the general flow of events after the guest returns home with the news.

2