Chapter 7: A New Friendship
585 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anima's POV

 

"..."(Anima)

"..."(The young boy)

"..."(The young girl)

Mhm. Now then, what do I do? The way they depict saving people in novels and stories differ from reality because instead of some fast paced conversation, it just gets kinda awkward.

"Ugh..."(The trio)

And this trio which groans every couple of seconds just makes it even more awkward. The expression on my face is surely the depiction of hesitation because the youngest here - the girl- decided to speak up.

"U-um..."(The young girl)

Her hesitation awoke me from my stupor hence I decided to continue the conversation she tried to start.

"N-nyaice to meet you!"(Anima)

Shit. You can tell I'm nervous from the tone of my voice, and also that cat-like speech impediment is back. The girl's emerald eyes glistened over me while the boy's sapphire eyes seemed to sparkle as they said:

"Please be my friend!"(The boy & girl)

They even lowered their heads... Since it seems like the most easiest way to get out of this situation I can only say--

"--Sure."(Anima)

They both gave bright smiles, in fact it was so bright I feel that I've done something wrong.

"My names Maia Collins!"(Young girl)

"The names Declan Collins!"(Young boy)

Collins... I've heard that name in this world somewhere before... Well, whatever. I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

"Nyaice, to meet nyou nyam Anima Wynleth."(Anima)

"Nya?"(Declan & Maia) 

Shit, my introduction had my cat-like speech impediment. I can already feel the blood flowing to my head in embarrassment.

"Aww... That's so cute..."(Maia)

The girl named 'Maia' said this while patting my head and this honestly feels quite nice... Hold the fuck up. Head pats are for lolis, I'm getting a head pat, does this mean...--

"--OH HELL NO!"(Anima)

"?!"(Maia & Declan)

I seemed to have startled the brother and sister duo with my exclamation but that's not important! What's important is that I'm turning more and more into a loli as time passes! I refuse this... I said...--

"I REFUSE THIS!"(Anima)

"U-Uh?"(Declan)

"U-Um! Refuse what?"(Maia)

While Maia was in her state of confusion, I took this chance to roll over to her side and give her head pats.

ploff ploff

"Yeah... That's right. Real lolis should get head pats, not me."(Anima)

"Uwu~~"(Maia)

While I stopped patting and just starting rubbing her hair she started to respond back to my hand by rubbing her own head under my hand. In the corner of my eye I could see the boy named 'Declan' stare in envy and to this I simply grinned. After a few minutes I stopped her head pats and elicited a conversation to these two while heading back to the open area of the park.

"Nyow did you even get in nyat situation?"(Anima)

Maia was the one who spoke up first when I asked this question.

"Well, we were wandering in the forest but then we saw a Luxion and we decided to chase after it but we soon lost it..."(Maia)

Maia's expression seemed to turn dark as she released waves of displeasure.

"Nyat is a Luxion?"(Anima)

This time it was Declan's turn to answer me in a mocking tone.

"Have you never read the stories of the Luxions?"(Declan)

"Nyo, nyam more interested in the stories of heroes and villains that existed over time."(Anima)

It's the truth. Lately I've been interested in the past worldwide heroes and villains and also documents from other worlds of former heroes, and one of these stories that I've been interested in lately is called 'The Epic Of Fury - The Berserker Of Desperation'. Its a pretty good story although I haven't finished it yet, anyway I digress.

"So your that type of person, huh. I expected more of you."(Declan)

For some reason I want to punch him. Should I punch him? Nah, he's still a kid.

"Well, anyway. The Luxions are known to be a mythical species of wolf that's also known to be one of the strongest and according to past documents."(Declan)

"Nyand nyou saw that here?"(Anima)

I squinted my eyes as if to show part of my cynicism.

"Yup!"(Declan & Maia)

They replied with enthusiasm and glee.

"Nyan this park?"(Anima)

They hesitated and then they suddenly realised what I was implying.

"Its true!"(Declan & Maia)

"Sure kids."(Anima)

"Uww~~ we'll show you!"(Maia & Declan)

It's completely stupid to think that such a rare species would be here in this park, I mean it's not even reali--

"Oh!"(Anima)

Suddenly an idea emerged from the depths of my train of thoughts. 

"What! What happened?"(Maia)

"You alright in the head, Anima?"(Declan)

They questioned the noise I made when a brilliant theory erupted from the depths of my brain.

"Maybe... Just maybe you guys may have been telling the truth..."(Anima)

"Of course we are!"(Declan)

"Why the change of mind?"(Maia)

I cleared my throat and began my explanation.

"My idea is since its so unbelievable that a Luxion would appear here that means that there's actually a chance of it actually being here."(Anima)

There was a moment of silence for my genius.

"I don't get it."(Maia)

Maia tilted her head but Declan who understood my brilliance 

"Long story short she's saying that the chance is so low that it may actually have a high chance of appearing."

Maia then once again tilted her head.

"Why? They shouldn't have enough intelligence to think of that."(Maia)

"If I remember correctly, Luxion is a white wolf race that focuses more on White Magic however in terms of physical attributes its strength should be placed in 'Agility' which means that it wouldn't be stupid to see it be here because White Magic has a spell that makes the user blend in with its surroundings, and it's somewhat similar to Light Magic except the difference between them is that Light Magic's version affects the onlooker's eyes however White Magic directly makes it so that they are hard to find by affecting the body itself."(Anima)

The two siblings looked at me with eyes wide open as they probably didn't expect me to know this.

"H-How did you know?"(Maia)

"I thought you said that you didn't know anything!"(Declan)

Yep, knew it. I just had to yap with my mouth didn't I? How am I gonna elude their questions now, They'll surely remember this due to this world's citizens having higher intelligence than many other worlds. I mean, the average citizen's 'Intelligence' stat is at least '18' while someone from Earth's 'Intelligence' stat for someone who graduated university is '15'. Also yes, I did look at my previous world's documents and compare stats between certain citizens with this world's citizens.

"I didn't say I didn't know, I only said I'm more interested in heroes and villains rather than monsters and mythical beasts."(Anima)

"But then how--"(Declan)

"--Hey Anima, It's time to go home!"(??????)

Mhm? someone's calling me.

"Nh?"(Anima)

I turned my head and saw my mother waving her hand, it looks like it's already time to go. I shifted my sight to the sky and see that the sun is already setting.

"Nyam coming!"(Anima)

I then began to run towards my mother and when I was near her I turned around a waved my hand

"See nyou later!"(Anima)

Then I held onto my mother's grasp and as she finished saying her pleasantries to her friends we left. Phew... Saved by the time.

"~~Did you make any friends Anima~~?"(Mother)

My mother questioned me as we went home while she was humming and I gave an honest reply.

"Yup!"(Anima)

"~~That so~~?"(Mother)

When we arrived home my father just gave me a hug then went to watch the magical orb which served to act as a television. Seems like a gladiator coliseum is on the magical orb.

"Nyam going to sleep!"(Anima)

"I'll read that bed-time story to you if you wait a little."(Mother)

I nodded then proceeded to head to my room and then laid down on the bed, after a while of waiting my mother arrived with a warm milk glass.

"Here you go."(Mother)

I drank all of it within a few seconds and she sat next to me then opened the book.

"Now then, where were we?"(Mother)

"We were nyon 'Chapter 7: The Intentions Of My Nemesis' and soon to be on 'Chapter 8: The Confrontation'!"(Anima)

"I see~, well, looks like we have a bit of ways to go before chapter 15~"(Mother)

Seeing that the story was going to end soon I wanted to know if there was a sequel to it.

"Is there a sequel?"(Anima)

My mother gave a vague smile and didn't reply hence I just left the question go unanswered and as time passed while my mother was reading I slowly...Fell...Asleep...

 

 

I could upload more if I use my phone, but I feel slightly uncomfortable with it, Y/N if I should.
  • Yes you fool. Do it on phone, I'm bored. Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Nah fam, keep it slow and do it when you can. Votes: 47 72.3%
Total voters: 65
20