Side Story 1: The Story
1.1k 12 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

『In a time known to be long lost forgotten there existed a young boy, nay, a young entity. This entity was called by many names over the histories of many worlds, universes, galaxies and realms. An existence who harboured the blessing and curse of the ultimate ability, skill, power, whatever people call it. This entity's ability forced it to forge itself in the depths of the void. Forcing it -almost oppressing it- to become the hero and villain it became in the end. This existence's ability was...』

⌈Eternally Endless Presence?⌋ The boy called.

⌈Mhm. It seems to be a variant of the Soul Resistance blessing.⌋ The priest called

⌈Do I have any other blessings?⌋ The boy from another world asked with a pale face.

⌈No, you don't. Next!⌋ The priest said with indifference.

『After a day, all the otherworlders that were summoned were gathered. Some had faces of pride and others exuded the atmosphere of anxiousness and fear. Among these numerous characters stood a young boy with androgynous features, he like many others had his face painted with anxiousness and his agitation was soon answered.』

⌈Heroes from another world! We welcome thee to our world!⌋ The stout king said while pompously sitting on his throne.

『Once the stout king announced this his soldiers began to gather around the otherworlders, and this immediately caused the nervousness to spread even further, even among the arrogant ones.』

However some of you must die. The king said with a wide grin.

『The king sentenced some people to death and this immediately made the otherworlders to murmur amongst themselves. Some otherworlders lost the power in their feet, some lost hope and some had their instinctive desire to survive unravel however amongst the confusion the boy walked towards the pompous king.』

⌈ Why must some of us die? Even though you summoned us for your own convenience, why must we pay the price?⌋ The boy demanded an answer from the king.

『The boy's actions caused a stir to the people in the throne room. The otherworlders began to quiet down and the soldiers began to cease their movements in nervousness as if they were afraid of doing anymore actions. However to this scene playing out in front of him, the king laughed. He laughed loudly, enough to project his voice across the throne room. It was an evil, devoid of any emotions laugh.』

⌈You must die because you carry no worth!⌋ The king exclaimed after he laughed.

⌈And what determines our worth? Does our worth include our knowledge? Does it contain our experiences? Or does it contain something as vague as our talents?⌋ The boy questioned the king who was exerting an enormous desire to kill with next to no fears.

『To the boy's actions the king laughed once again, but this time it contained melancholy and cynicism.』

⌈Your worth is in your blessing! What the gods themselves unravel about a persons true power, however that's what makes you useless. Your blessings are merely normal and average. Only the crème de la crème will be spared as they are the most useful.⌋

⌈Then why can't you said the remaining people back? We have families, friends, lovers, futures, pasts, dreams and many other things waiting for us, so why must we perish here like this?⌋ The boy demanded more answers from the vile king.

⌈We have loved ones too, you know? We have had pasts too, you know? We have had dreams too, you know? But it was all taken our by those vile creatures! How dare they seek for more than they deserve? They deserve to stay as our slaves as long as they live and yet they dare to revolt and form their own, what, 'kingdom' is that what they call it?⌋ The king scowled.

⌈But they have their own lives too! It may be true that men are not born equal, however at the start of everything all men and women were equal, the only reason men are not born equal till this day is because people desire for more and more while embracing their greed. Why cant we make an end to this cycle and create peace between all? Even in our world there was strife, but while we do commit numerous atrocities we all share one thing in common and that is our desire for peace. We all desire for comfort and tranquillity, however it never arrives as there is more greed being spread. So I ask again. Why must we die?⌋ The boy stared directly into the king's eyes without faltering.

『The boy's speech caused everyone in the room to feel one emotion towards the boy. That was respect. Even the king contained respect towards the boy, while his eyes fluctuated between the boy's gaze and away.』

『After many moments of silence and fluctuation, the king finally responded with an eerie, dark and raspy voice which caused his soldiers to immediately feel fear between the depths of their bones.』

⌈That's easy for someone like you to say that isn't it?⌋ The king shouted towards the boy in anger.

⌈What are you implying?⌋ The boy questioned the king's statement.

⌈I know... And you know too...⌋ The king murmured loud enough to reach the ears of everyone.

⌈Know what?⌋ The boy questioned the king once more while ignoring the stares of distrust on his back.

⌈I know you have the strongest blessing... The highest ranked blessing ever recorded...⌋ The king said with a clear sign of disgust on his face.

⌈There are ranks among blessings?⌋ The boy inquired.

⌈Indeed. It goes in alphabetical order, and then once its reaches the first letter of the alphabet it transcends into 'S' which is known to stand for 'Special', then it goes to 'SS' which stands for 'Super Special', then it goes to 'SSS' which means 'Super, Super Special' and then finally it goes to 'EX' which means 'Extremity'. ⌋ The king announced.

⌈And what does this have to do with me?⌋ The boy inquired even further.

⌈It has everything to do with you!⌋ The king scowled at the boy while shouting.

⌈And I'm asking how.⌋ The boy seemed unperturbed.

⌈It has everything to do with you because your blessing is ranked 'EX SSSSSSS++++' which, spoiler alert, is the highest ranked blessing recorded!⌋ The king exclaimed in clear scorn.

⌈Bullshit, as if that would happen to somebody like me!⌋ The boy denied the king's statement however what the king next said immediately made the boy feel both dread and hope.

⌈..I know... Here's the deal, if you let my... Intellectuals... experiment with your soul then we'll consider letting your companions go free, hell, I'd even give all thirty of you the 'Marquis' rank of nobility which is the third highest rank in my kingdom which, if I haven't mentioned, rules half the world.⌋ The king offered the boy a deal.

⌈Doesn't that make this an empire then?⌋ The boy pointed out a hidden fact towards the king.

⌈It's only an empire if I deem it so. Anyway, make your pick!⌋ The king screamed towards the boy.

⌈Before I decide, why my soul?⌋ The boy questioned.

⌈Hmph. You don't even know something as simple as that?⌋ The king hmphed and mocked the boy.

⌈I'm not from this world, remember?⌋ The boy argued.

⌈We'll experiment on your soul because your soul contains all the memories, talents, skills, knowledge, techniques and blessings in you and it's what makes you unique. It influences the behaviour people adopt and it's also the thing which prepares you for your next life.⌋ The king stated.

⌈And you want to tamper with his soul?!⌋ The boy's older sister ventured out the crowed and exclaimed.

⌈You can't do--⌋ The boy's older sister turned her head towards the boy but he already answered.

⌈I'll do it.⌋ The boy's affirmation stunned everyone in the room, even the king as he did not expect to get his agreement.

⌈W-wha!⌋ The boy's older sister was stunned and tried to reply to the boy's foolishness however she could not muster the words she wanted to say.

⌈I'll be fine.⌋ The boy turned to his older sister and gently smiled but before she could reply, the king agreed.

⌈Then the die is cast. Men, take him away! Give him to sir Claudius Von Dunnings experimentation facility. ⌋ The king immediately ordered his soldiers to do his bidding.

⌈N-No! You can't..!⌋ The boy's older sister shrieked as she was watching her one and only family being taken away.

⌈Shut it.⌋ Said a soldier as he knocked out the boy's older sister.

⌈You lot! Make sure she stays safe!⌋ The boy ordered the peanut gallery to take care of his only family with only silence as replies.

『Sooner or later, the king would regret everything that transpired that day and not only him. The worlds, the universes, the galaxies, the realms, the void, the heavens and the gods themselves would surely regret that day...』

『The day when a kind hearted, young boy was set on a path of endless destruction. The day that set the boy on the path of despair. The day when a young boy is enforced on the path of a desperate berserker.』

『Yes, this is the story, nay, the epic of 'Fury, The Berserker Of Desperation'.』

PLOFF

The book was closed by a woman in a robe as she reminisced the events of the story. The woman knew much more about the story than anyone else as she had first-hand experience of it. The woman's tears littered the book's cover as she said one sentence.

"I'm sorry..."(????)

 

 

21