Chapter 3: Death Match With A Flying Lizard!
955 5 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Devan dropped into the seemingly bottomless abyss only to never be seen again...

"Ih jiks, jouzu mu shu phiwur si kufom shu luws if phhomsoucs, Luzoususu!  (Oh gods, give me the power to defy the laws of physics, Levitate!)"(Devan)

--Or so you would normally think.

 

Devan used a levitation spell from the 'incantation magic' skill and hence he was a few inches away from crashing into the bottom of the ravine.

 

"Like hell I can leave Anima, Estrel and Clare behind..."(Devan)

Devan tried his best to murmur this while slowly dropping to the bottom of the ravine.

 

"..Who the hell is the person that deemed incantation magic useless anyway? It practically saved my life..."(Devan)

 

The magic that Devan used was a highly underrated magic called 'Incantation magic'. The difference between this magic and many other types of magic is that Incantation magic requires people to speak the spell out. There are some magic types that use magic words however these magic types mostly use a couple of words at best however incantation magic is fully based on the use of magic words. People tend to ignore this magic because the power of incantation magic is 90% weaker than most magic types however in exchange for that power incantation magic has one of the most powerful support-type spells.

 

"..Status..."(Devan)

Devan called out the word 'status' because at the comming of age ceremony the gods give you the power to check your attributes, skills, titles, and even how much mana and health you have which is called a 'status'.

 

"..Shit.. Only 150/500 health... Well, at least my mana is still full..."(Devan)

The other trait of incantation magic is that it does not require you to use any of your own mana and instead utilises the mana of your surroundings.

 

"..I guess I can't use incantation magic on my wounds huh... Oh well, time to use Spirit Magic..."(Devan)

 

Spirit magic is a magic that's usually unique to those who have high mana or spiritual power which he has both of. Spirit magic utilises the mana of the user or the user's contracted spirit's mana and the versatility of this magic is unbelievable because it has both attack, support and defence and it is also one of the few magic types that utilises the standard magic language.

 

"..Muloumem huul..!"(Devan)

Devan used the 'maximum heal' spell from the 'Spirit magic' skill, one of the few spells that requires magic words. This healed Devan in an instant and he was ready to fight.

 

"Status. 595/600 Mana, huh."(Devan)

 

"I'll kill that shitty dragon for trying to separate me from my family!"(Devan)

Devan shouted this at the top of his lungs and hence prepared to ready a spell that utilised both qi and mana.

 

"FULSU IMMOUPHISUMCU!"(Devan)

Devan used a spirit magic spell that didn't require any words and flung himself in the sky of the ravine and screamed out one of the most powerful Incantation magic spells he had ever learnt.

 

Kei Suzuki's POV

"Devan!"(Kei)

Kei called out the name of one of his best comrades as he was being pierced by the silver dragon's claws, Kei was going to run up to save his best friend however he was stopped by his party's leader, Xeildrig.

 

"What!"(Kei)

"Don't let his death be in vain."(Xeildrig)

"He's not dead!"(Kei)

As Kei was about to scream in the face of his party's leader he heard his best friend's voice.

"Don't worry about me..!"(Devan)

Kei felt a sense of reassurance but it soon disappeared when he saw his best friend be dropped into the ravine.

"DEVAN!"(Kei)

When Kei was about to go check if his friend was okay, he was slapped by Xeildrig.

"Why?!"(Kei)

"He's gone! Now go out there and avenge him!"(Xeildrig)

Kei hesitated awhile but when he saw someone get eaten by the dragon in front of his eyes he decided to do what he needed to.

"Tch!"(Kei)

Kei clicked his tongue and dashed right into the dragon which in succession caused the dragon's next meal to survive. Kei tightly held onto his great-sword which had the demonic spirit 'Vorkizan' sealed inside and slashed the dragon multiple times. The dragon obviously didn't like this hence it gathered multiple white flames that oozed a black aura and released them onto Kei, however Kei himself didn't seem disturbed by this because he knew that his sword's spirit naturally rejected mana and qi.

 

"Long-range users fire your projectiles however magic users be sure to conserve some mana!"(Xeildrig)

"I'm still here if you haven't noticed!"(Kei)

"I know you can dodge it so it doesn't matter!"(Xeildrig)

"At least give some concern damn it!"(Kei)

While Kei was single-handedly duking it out with the dragon his party members launched their projectiles which made Kei need to rethink his battle styles and fight using a different pattern.

 

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

The dragon seemed to have turned furious because it released a magic enhanced kick onto Kei and flapped it's wings so it could make some distance.

 

"Breath attack!"(Xeildrig)

When Xeildrig stated this many people turned pale because breath attacks were not simply elemental magic that was spat out but actually magic and qi that has been refined with spiritual energy.

 

"Get behind me!"(Duch)

A muscular demon held his hands together and invoked a magic barrier that could cover everyone behind him. The dragon's laser collided with Duch's magic barrier and made his barrier transition from fully-functional to on the verge of breaking.

 

"I can't hold on any longer!"(Duch)

"Let me help!"( A-rank adventurer 1)

"Me too!"(A-rank adventurer 2)

"I'll do what I can!"(A-rank adventurer 3)

The A-rankers who didn't have much use for mana began to supply Duch with their mana, this led to Duch being able to maintain his barrier during the duration of the dragon's breath attack.

 

"Everyone SS-rank and above it's time for an all-out attack! S-rankers and below support us from behind!"(Xeildrig)

Xeildrig gave his party members commands and gathered all the SS-rankers and above to do a frontal assault with him.

 

"Everyone if you have your trump-cards then use them now, or else we all die for good!"(Xeildrig)

The A-rankers who had this wore a dubious expression but the S-rankers and above knew what this was about and hence they all had one reply:

""""""ROGER""""""(Everyone S-ranked and above)

 

"Time to go all out!"(Kei)

Kei opened his 'item box' using his 'Spirit magic' skill and took out another of his swords. He held his new great-sword, Moonlight in his left hand. This sword had the heavenly spirit 'Kalmiya' sealed inside and did the opposite of Kei's 'Vorkizan', in other words his new sword naturally accepted all mana and qi.

Kei had a great-sword that rejected all in his right and he also had a great-sword which accepted all in his left. This incidentally earned Kei the adventurer name 'Extensive Contradiction' because not only did Kei use swords which were polar opposites of each other but his main style of fighting also contradicted because instead of supplying Moonlight with mana and qi he supplied his other sword which rejected all, Ark with his mana and qi however he did not supply all his qi and simply kept some because without qi then he would be instantly killed. Instead he used his spiritual force as a subsitute for temporary qi.

 

"Everyone, charge!"(Xeildrig)

Xeildrig activated his skill 'Power Burst' with his flame spell 'Flame Form' and this evolved into a new spell which turned him into a semi flame spirit which coincidentally became his adventurer name 'Eternal Flame'.

 

"""""CHARGE!"""""(Everyone)

Kei used his remaining and substitute qi to strengthen his body and launched himself towards the dragon.

 

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~"(Silver Dragon)

The dragon released another breath attack however, this time they had no reason to dodge it because Kei used his great-sword Ark to destroy the breath itself which turned it into magic particles which then was absorbed by the sword on Kei's left, Moonlight. This made Kei even more stronger because the more mana Kei absorbs the more he supplies his sword ark with the ability to negate the magic attacks and also lets Kei use some of his absorbed mana particles to supply his 'physical reinforcement' skill.

 

When Kei absorbed the breath attack an SS-ranked adventurer attacked the dragon with his arrow that radiated a white light and severed the dragon's leg.

 

"RAAAAAAAAAA~"(Silver Dragon)

The dragon screamed in pain as it's leg was severed and blood was spurting out of the wound.

 

"That was my trump card! I ca--URGH!"(SS-ranked adventurer)

The dragon that was in a state of fury, powered itself with half of its remaining mana and practically teleported towards the SS-ranked adventurer and unleashed a magic infused claw attack which instantly killed the SS-ranked adventurer. However the SS-ranked adventurer's death was not in vain as it gave enough time for everyone to power their trump cards.

 

"TAKE THIS!"(Kei)

"DIE BEAST!"(Xeildrig)

Kei circulated all of his remaining mana into Moonlight and discharged an enormous beam of pure mana, while Xeildrig ejected his 'Flame Impact' a novice spell which infused into Kei's beam of pure mana and transformed it into a beam of pure flame mana. The fusion of two different spells is called 'Unison Magic' which requires each spell-caster to be in sync with each other, and this type of magic is rarely ever achieved.  

Every other adventurer in the area decided to all use their trump-cards because they all decided that this was the bottleneck of the battle which would determine their fate, death or victory was the only options that they all had.

 

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

"DIE!!!"(Adventurer?)

"GO DOWN!"(Adventurer?)

"THIS IS THE END!"(Adventurer?)

Every adventurer in the area hoped and believed they would win but--

"RAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

--They were sorely mistaken.

"It can't be!"(Adventurer?)

"NO!"(Adventurer)

"Looks like my time has come... I'm sorry mother..."(Adventurer)

Every adventurer including me had faces of despair because we knew our doom was approaching us. I closed my eyes and simply reminisced all my memories. I died on Earth due to a god's mistake and was given another chance at life...Another chance to help people...Another chance to bring smiles to the people I hold dear... But in the end I couldn't do anything could I? I became stronger, stronger than anyone in my previous world and most of this world too but I still couldn't help anyone. I only brought smiles, but only smiles don't do anything... If only I could...--

 

"--Grand fire storm!"(?????)

A man flung up into the cave's ceiling and released a tornado of flames towards the dragon.

 

Kei opened his eyes and just like many others he saw someone he presumed dead. It was an elf who had silver hair and blue eyes. his build was slim and muscular, he was a man who always smiled and was just recently bragging about his new-born daughter. He seemed to radiate a silvery golden aura that was as nearly as bright as his smile.

 

"The hell are you all doing giving up here?!"(Devan)

 

Devan Wynleth's POV

"The hell are you all doing giving up here?!"(Devan)

I said while standing on the ceiling.

 

I looked around and saw multiple scattered bodies both young and old, this made my smile deepen into a frown. I looked around a bit and spotted Kei, it seems that he also gave up.

 

"If that hope-driven guy also gave up then the circumstances must be tough, huh..."(Devan)

I murmured to myself and decided on one thing.

 

"Everyone stay out of this, you'll only be a nuisance from here on!"(Devan)

"A-Are you crazy?! If we can't handle him then how could you?!"(Xeildrig)

"Don't tell me that bright aura has fried your brain?!"(Duch)

Many people questioned me but I'll just ignore them for now, because-- 

"--I have people to return to! I definitely won't give up!"(Devan)

The dragon who heard this scowled at me and was preparing a breath attack but such a weak thing couldn't possibly harm me as I am now.

 

The spell I invoked was Incantation Magic's spell and my ultimate trump card 'False Omnipotence', this spell temporarily increases every attribute by at least 100,000,000 fold including my HP, MP and SP. The only drawback of this spell is that when the effect ends I can no longer move my body for a week and all my attributes are decreased by 90%.

 

I run towards the dragon and arrive at my destination in mere moments.

"Die, you scumbag."(Devan)

I form a sword using a part of False Omnipotence's aura and slash the right wing of the dragon, it separates in the blink of an eye.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!~"(Silver Dragon)

The dragon screamed in pain, but so what? The dragon was going to slash me using it's right claw but I grabbed it with my left hand and used my sword to cleave off its arm. In response to this the dragon conjured multiple blades out of thin air and launched them towards me, and my response to this was the make my False Omnipotence's aura solidify this made my aura solidify. The dragon's blades collided with my new armour and thus sent me flying across the room.

"Tch, looks like you can still get stronger."(Devan)

The dragon enshrouded itself in a black aura, or more precisely an evil god's aura.

"Well then, time to embed an element into my False Omnipotence I guess."(Devan)

I smiled as wide as I could and chanted.

"Ih jiks, ou usr omie si shiwur shous emwirshom imu omier phiwur, jouzu mu shu phiwur si phrisucs--(Oh gods, I ask you to shower this unworthy one in your power, give me the power to protect--)"(Devan)

When I was near finishing my chant the dragon blew another breath attack however the difference in this breath attack was that it was a pure black that seemed to swallow everything.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

"Hilom umlikoumums!(Holy embodiment!)"(Devan)

My aura was coated in a blinding white light that naturally dissipated the dragon's breath attack which was enchanted with the evil god's power.

 

"It's you and me shitty flying lizard!"(Devan)

I charged with all I had towards the silver dragon.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

The dragon also charged at me.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Devan)

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

I formed a sword with my False Omnipotence's holy aura and the dragon coated it's body with it's evil god's power, seems like it's also charging head on.

"DIE!"(Devan)

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

The end result was--

 

 

 

34