Chapter 2: The Appearance Of A Death Flag!
1.1k 15 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I open my eyes.

 

Yesterday I used my 'studying' skill on Lucien's documents, in other words today is my fourth day of living in this new world. I still wanna cry. I guess it's time to start trying to get used to this...Body...Unyuu…

 

I roll around the cradle I'm in, I think it's easier to move my body because beastkin are naturally more efficient in their physical abilities than the other races. I can move my arms and legs and also use my fingers however using my toes are gonna take some time, but something that's even more easier than that for some reason is my tail. I chose to be of the cat race so I obviously have a tail, but why do I seem to have an affinity with this tail? Was I cat in one of my previous lives? Is this part of my nine lives gimmick?

 

For now I'll just keep rolling...

 

"Ma'am, lady Anima is behaving in an odd manner."(Maid)

"Ooooh, let me see, let me see!"(Mother)

 

Roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, rol-- Wait hold up, let me roll in peace! Damn it, just who is this maid that keeps annoying me? Yesterday too, after I was finished with 'studying' Lucien's documents and fell asleep she appeared in the middle of the night and shoved a plastic bottle of milk in my face, I was so startled that I ended up pissing my self.

 

I stopped rolling and stared at the maid. She has short black hair which reaches her neck and her bangs slightly cover her crystal blue eyes, she wore a standard French maid attire. Her upper body 'assets' were below average and her lower body 'assets' were above average, she is a human who is clearly in her late teens.

 

"Aww, she stopped..."(Mother)

"Ma'am, I think we bothered her and that's why she stopped."(Maid)

 

More precisely it's you who's bothering me, a baby needs their god damn nap! We have important needs that must be fulfilled! I can't have you disrupt them every god damn minute!

 

"Ma'am, I need to address you on an important matter."(Maid)

"What is it, Clare?"(Mother)

"Ma'am, the master shall not be arriving today either."(Maid)

 

My mother made a clear face of displeasure and I don't blame her. After all a father that does not come to his family may not even be called a father at all, yesterday on my third day of living he wasn't here either. It may not be too bad considering it gave me time to 'study' the documents I read at Lucien's place but it's still a shitty thing to do.

 

"Then when is he going to be arriving?"(Mother)

Her face seemed gloomy when she asked this question, and I honestly empathize with her. On the day my father died I felt wary that I may also lose him like my mother but he just gave a reassuring smile and then left, only to later be killed by a truck. 

The adventurer job is a dangerous one because you never know when you'll die hence it makes sense on why she's gloomy. Just because he's an A-rank adventurer doesn't mean he's also invincible, someone who is an SSS-rank adventurer should be able to take him out in less than a second and I'm not over exaggerating here because I also 'studied' the status of an SSS-rank adventurer. The average F-rank adventurer has the average of 50 on his stats and keep in mind the average villager has 15 on his stats, but guess the average of an SSS-rank adventurer. He had the average of 100,000,000,000 on all of his stats and when I saw the average of an A-rank adventurer at the time I thought 'What the actual fuck is this?' because the average A-rank adventurer has the average stats of 100,000,000 in other words an A-rank adventurer is at least 1000 times weaker than an SSS-ranker. This may be taking examples a bit too far, however those who are prepared for the extremist of situations are usually the people who survive the longest.

 

"He shall be arriving at the end of next month, Ma'am."(Clare/Maid)

"What! Why?"(Mother)

"He has decided to take on the request of slaying the infamous Silver Dragon."(Clare)

"What! Stop him immediately!"(Mother)

 

What's the matter? Hold up... Silver dragon? If I remember correctly...

 

"Ma'am do not fret, he is with four SSS-ranked adventurers, eight SS-ranked adventurers, twelve S-ranked adventurers and thirty A-ranked adventurers including him. He should be perfectly safe."(Clare)

She said with a smile so she could reassure Mother and let her calm down.

 

"Oh... Is that so--!"(Mother)

"NYAAAAAAAAA!"(Anima)

 

HOLY SHIT! That silver dragon! I remember reading a document at Lucien's place about it, it's OP as fuck and I reckon not even five SSS-ranked adventurers could take it on. He's practically marching to his death! Shit, stop him from going! 

 

"NYAAAA NYAAA NYAAAA!"(Anima)

"What's wrong Ani?!"(Mother)

"Young lady!"(Clare)

"NYAAA NYAA NYAAAAAAAA~!"(Anima)

 

Shit... From just a little whining I feel completely exhausted...

 

"...A...hats...ong…?"(Mother?)

"...I'll....priest!..."(Clare)

 

..Don't worry about me just yet, worry about the person who's marching to his death..! 

 

"..."(Mother?)

"..."(Clare?)

 

… My consciousness... It's... Fading...For...Fuck...Sake...

 

????? ???????'s POV

In a snowy mountainous cave there were numerous people, some who had normal personalities and some who had odd personalities. They all came from different places all over the world, their common senses and cultures were so diverse that it would be rare to see anyone share the same characteristics with another but what they all have in common was that they all have a goal.

"Mhm?"(?????)

"What's up?"(???)

"I felt like someone called my name."(?????)

"Probably just your imagination, Devan."(???)

"Imagine it was my daughter that called my name!"(Devan)

"Oh, her huh? If I recall she was born just recently."(???)

"You bet, Kei! She was born a couple of weeks ago, here's a picture!(Devan)

 

The silver haired and blue eyed elf shoved a picture in front of the black haired and black eyed young man. The picture contained three people and one baby, it seemed to be a picture of a happy family circulating around a golden eyed baby who had a purple tail.

 

"You sure are a father-con."(Kei)

"What's that?"(Devan)

The elf gave the black haired man a dubious look.

"It means you're a doting father."(Kei)

The elf smiled brightly when he heard this then he smacked the shoulder of the SSS-ranked adventurer.

"You bet as hell I am!"(Devan)

"Hahaha. Don't mind me visiting some time?"(Kei)

"You can visi-- Wait! I won't let you have my wife and daughter!"(Devan)

"I won't take them!"(Kei)

"Then in that case you can come. Well, only if you babysit my daughter for a little while."(Devan)

"I thought you were wary that I'll take your daughter?"(Kei)

"Wait! You were going to steal her after all?!"(Devan)

"No!"(Kei)

 

The young man and elf shared a little banter but then the leader of the party whistled and everyone became tense.

"You spot anything?"(Devan)

"No, I don't."(Kei)

The elf named Devan whispered to Kei because he knew that Kei had an eye ability that helped him identify danger.

 

After tens of minutes of tense waiting multiple A-rankers began to complain to the leader of the party however Devan and everyone above S-rank knew. That the danger is approaching. Currently everyone was in the pathway of the cave and in front of them was an area that seemed to have a vast space. The large amounts of complaints soon halted when the leader ordered them to head to the middle of the room.

 

"EVERYONE REGROUP IN THE MIDDLE!"(Leader)

The second the leader said this everyone but one A-ranker ran to the centre of the dark area in the cave.

 

"W-Wait u-AAAAA"(The adventurer who was left behind)

The adventurer who was left behind asked his comrades to wait for him however he couldn't finish the sentence, for he was already in the sights of the beast he was aiming to slay.

 

"Can you hear me?! Are you still alive!"(Leader)

"Aeril, use the light magic device!"(Leader)

The leader gave a command to his most trusted companion, her figure was hard to see in the dark but it was easy to tell she was a beautiful lady.

"Roger!"(Aeril)

She complied with her leader's order and threw a magic device in the air that soon expanded while producing an immense white light. After 3 short seconds the magic device was viewable and it seemed to be a large crystal.

 

Everyone who viewed this was already prepared and into their own fighting stances, but some fainted when they spotted their enemy. The dragon looked at Devan in the eyes and roared.

 

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"(Silver Dragon)

This roar caused Devan to instinctively tense up his body more than necessary.

 

"If we survive this I'll buy you a drink."(Devan)

"What do you mean 'if' we survive? We are going survive."(Kei)

Devan smiled bitterly at this reply.

"Oh, and don't raise anymore death flags."(Kei)

When Kei said this Devan gave him a dubious look once again.

"Don't mind it."(Kei)

"Oka--!"(Devan)

Before Devan could even finish saying what he needed to he was grabbed by the dragon.

"--AAAAAAAAAAA!"(Devan)

The dragon's claws deeply imbedded itself in Devan's insides.

"Devan!"(Kei)

The man name 'Kei' tried to help his friend however he was stopped by the party's leader.

"Don't worry about me..!"(Devan)

When Devan tried to reassure his young comrade the dragon flew over to the other side of the now-bright area and dropped him into a ravine. Devan smiled bitterly as he remembered his family and gave one last murmur.

"..I may really not make it out of this alive...huh..."(Devan)

 

Devan dropped into the seemingly bottomless abyss only to never be seen again...

 

35