Chapter 5: Me Giving Them My First Birthday Gift!
987 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anima's POV

 

It's been a whole year since I was born and many things have happened, an example is my father -the elf named Devan- slayed a dragon. This dragon wasn't any old dragon, but it was one of the strongest of the thirteen divine dragons, which I may state at a later time. Anyway, this means that my father was promoted to SSSS-rank because the adventurers guild used a device called 'Stone Of Appraisal'. This device is used to examine the state of a target and in this case the target was the Silver Dragon and the (not so) shocking result was that the Silver Dragon had the total combat power of 456,985,111,232,872,020 which means my father had somehow surpassed a creature that could potentially end the world. By the way the first hero had the average combat power of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 which means my father is around the first hero's combat power or just slightly above the Silver Dragon.

 

My father may have been known world-wide as a hero however it was all at the cost of his right arm which even the apparent pope of a church from somewhere couldn't heal it. However it seems after his promotion to SSSS-rank he retired and decided to stay home for now on because his main goal for the Silver Dragon's subjugation was for the money, although I did hear that he decided to keep some materials for safe keeping.

 

As for me, only a few things have changed and they were the ability to finally fully manoeuvre my body, in other words to walk and the ability to talk however I'm keeping my talking ability under the wraps because I'm going to use it for a certain event that'll appear in a couple of hours. You may ask 'Why in a couple of hours?' well that's because today is the day that marks my first year of living and this may be a bit late but in this world they celebrate birthdays, in this world's past they used to not celebrate birthdays however otherworlders came dropping like rainfall and started embedding their own cultures from their worlds, that's why its not strange to see people from different worlds.

 

CLACLINK

 

I heard the door being opened then after that I heard footsteps radiating in the room. Soon after the curtains were opened and my mother's figure was the only part of her that was visible due to the bright sun shining through the windows.

 

"Good morning, sleepy head!"(Mother)

My mother exclaimed pretty loudly even though it's the morning and babies need to sleep lots. Oh well, might as well reply.

"...Nya~"(Anima)

The tone of my voice sounded weird because I yawned and tried to reply at the same time.

"Today is a special day for you Anima because its your birthday!"(Mother)

"M'lady, I ask that you please simmer down as you are currently disrupting the young lady's sleep."(Clare)

It seems that the maid was looking after me in my sleep as usual. You may ask 'What do you mean 'as usual' ' and my reply to this is that after my father came back it became increasingly hard to train my body because this maid would keep watch at night and this meant that I had next to no time to train my body because I don't want anyone looking at me train my body which means that the only time I could train my body is the time when no one is watching and this happens around 5 minutes everyday, which is most definitely not enough time to train my body. There were times when I had to mask my body's training as some sort of game because only then could it make me seem like a normal child and not make my 'walk before talk' happenstance seem strange.

 

"What's Devan doing?"(Mother)

Mother wore a questioning face that soon relaxed when it was answered.

"The master is currently organising the young lady's party."(Clare)

Clare stated such information with a facial expression that seemed to give tinges of exhaustion.

"..Sheesh.. There's no need to go to such lengths because the small birthday party is only going to be held by us."(Mother)

Mother wore an expression that clearly stated her exhaustion however this brought a smirk to Clare's face as she stated:

"But it is our little angel's first birthday."(Clare)

This statement incited mother's attention more than normal because of the rate of occurrence of Clare saying something odd.

"Oh? You called her something other than 'young lady'."(Mother)

Mother had an expression that contained doubtfulness and playfulness as she smiled the best she could and in response to this:

"I'm feeling mischievous today."(Clare)

Answered as such while gently smirking.

"That's great! You almost never feel this way!"(Mother) 

 

After Mother and Clare's conversation my father bursted in the room.

"Its time to party!"(Devan/Father)

He wore a smile that seemed more lively than usual and it also seems that he has something that resembles a photographer's camera strapped around his neck. After father's exclamation we 'partied' and when I say 'partied' I mean my family members using me as a hot potato and keep throwing me to each other, this also includes flips and just simple passing. After the (scary) game which was essentially hot potato it was time to eat, the food was slightly different and seemed to contain actual meat.

 

"How is it? Is it delicious?"(Mother)

When my mother asked me this ridiculous question, I without hesitation stuck up my thumb in the 'good job' gesture because this is the tastiest shit I've had my whole life, and I mean it quite literally. My normal baby food consisted of breastmilk and just baby food however the baby food was so flavourless that it felt like my existence itself was being absorbed by the food I was supposed to be eating.

"That's cute as hell!"(Father)

While I was in the middle of my 'good job' gesture my father shifted from eating to holding his camera and taking multiple pictures in the speed of light. This is probably the biggest waste of his stats that I've seen so far. After the whole commotion died down it was finally my turn to give them my present.

 

I stood up and headed to the center of the room so I could gather their attention and pointed from left to right:

 

"Nyama!"(Anima)

"Oh my!"(Mother)

"Clare!"(Anima)

"I'm happy beyond words!"(Clare)

Then I paused at my father's face, his eyes were practically those of a puppy and I could see ears and a tail wagging itself as if asking me to call his name. My former self and my current self are currently clashing however in the end I decided to just say it:

"Papa."(Anima)

"Fuck yes!"(Father)

I want to cry. Anyway, this was my present to them for all that they have done, even though it's small and it may not be that serious however to me it's the only thing I can give.

"Give me a hug!"(Father)

In excitement my father dashed towards me and hugged me... But since it... Is... Tight... I'm... Losing... My... Consciousness again... Fuck...

 

 

 

31