Chapter 4: A Mournful Night And A New Tomorrow.
1k 14 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anima's POV

It's been three months since my father left. There's been no notice of him and no signal that he would ever be coming back and from what I've heard is that the Adventurer's Guild has sent a search party for them, I think... He's dead. The documents I read at Lucien's place told me that the Silver Dragon was at least an SSSS-rank monster and currently there is no SSSS-rank adventurer, in fact there only existed one SSSS-rank adventurer and he was the man titled 'True Hero'.

 

"Nya..."(Anima)

"Don't worry, your father will definitely come back."(Mother)

"Ma'am..."(Clare)

 

My mother occasionally tries to convince me and Clare that he's alive, however I think she's just trying to convince herself that he's alive. I haven't known him for long however I can tell he wasn't a bad person, this may be biased however even from a third person view he still seems like a nice person who cares for his family.

 

"Well, it's time to go to bed now. Good night."(Mother)

"Sleep well, ma'am and young lady."(Clare)

 

They left the room after they thought I was asleep, however I obviously wasn't asleep considering I'm still keeping my chain of thoughts.

 

"Nya?"(Anima)

 

Once I confirmed they were gone and weren't coming back I decided to do sit-ups so I could try to build some more of my abdominal muscles.

 

"Nya! Nya! Nya! Nya! N~ya!"(Anima)

One! Two! Three! Four! F~ive"

"N~~ya! N~~~ya!"(Anima)

Si~~x! Sev~~~en!

"N~ya!"(Anima)

Ei~ght! I'm almost there... A little more!

"Nya~~!"(Anima)

Nine~~!

"NYA NYA~~!"(Anima)

AND TEN~~!

 

After I finished my sit-ups I instantly dropped into the cradle I was in, I guess it's time to slee--

 

"--Uwaaaaaaaa!"(Clare)

I could hear Clare's voice in the distance because she sleeps near my room.

 

--Guess it's time for some balance practice. I held onto parts of the cradle and tried to stand up, my beastkin race has strong physical capabilities which means it's easier to build muscles even in a three month old body, in order to keep my balance I stretched my tail out so it could help build an equilibrium.

"Nya~~!"(Anima)

I pushed myself off the cradle and tried my best to keep my balance, I succeeded for 5 seconds then dropped back in my cradle. This is similar to my rehabilitation sessions on Earth because in my previous world after I was cured of Myotonic Dystrophy I had to take rehabilitation and oddly enough it's similar to how babies gain control over their body. I kept doing balance practice and eventually my energy ran dry.

 

"...Nya..."(Anima)

 

..I'm exhausted... How long have I been doing this for..? I stared out the window and saw that the sun was about to rise. ..I guess it's been a couple of hours for just a few exercises... Time to sleep... Babies need their... Beauty sleep...

 

??? ??????'s POV

The sun was shining bright in the day however there were traces of dark clouds in the sky, it was as if the gods themselves had recently mourned. On the outskirts of a certain village there was a young man striding towards his destination, he took long steps in order to shorten the time it took for him to arrive in his destination. The young man had black hair and eyes, his physique was muscular however his clothing made it seem as if it was average. On the young man's back was his best friend. His best friend's characteristics was that of an elf who had silver hair and blue eyes, his figure was slim and also muscular however the most distinct characteristic was his smile.

 

"You sure you okay?"(???)

The black haired man questioned his best friend because just recently he had fought a dragon and was severely injured.

"I can't make them wait any longer, or else they might think I'll never come back."(?????)

The handsome elf answered his best friend with a tinge of loneliness in his voice.

"You don't know that."(???)

The young man tried to reassure his best friend however the elf just replied with a sad bitter smile.

"How's your arm?"(???)

"I still feel the phantom pain however it's fading."(?????)

"That's good."(???)

"It sure is."(?????)

There was an awkward silence in the air however it soon vanished when they saw their destination. The young man hurried his footsteps because the elf wouldn't stop asking him to travel faster, however he could only smile at his best friend's reaction because he was depressed for most of the journey and this was the only time he was expressing a true smile.

"Go faster! Faster than you've ever been before!"(?????)

"Haha. Calm down, your family isn't going anywhere."(???)

The young man shared a bright smile at his best friend's reaction to the village.

"The nature sure is plentiful and lively here isn't it?"(???)

"You bet!"(?????)

The young man admired the environment of the village because it reminded him of a modern countryside village from his previous world, it sent waves of nostalgia to the young man.

"Then I guess you don't mind if I settle down here?"(???)

"Not at all! It would be great to have some new company in the village and everyone is always so interesting."(?????)

"Haha, thanks."(???)

 

After a few hours of constant movement a villager that his best friend knew ran off into the opposite direction, when the elf saw this he silently said 'thank you' in his heart. When they finally entered the village's territory the inhabitants of the village gathered around them, however in the elf's eyes they weren't there because he was only looking for one person.

 

"Dear!"(????????)

Someone appeared from the crowd. It was a female black-catkin who seemed to be in her late teens, the sight of her brought tears out of the elf as he struggled to climb off his best friend.

"Estrel!"(?????)

When he fully climbed off his best friend he ran with all his remaining stamina towards his beloved one, however it seems that his beloved one ran towards the moment she saw him. The elf's beloved tackled him onto the ground and released numerous tears while rubbing her cheek on his chest.

"Devan, Devan, Devan, Devan!"(Estrel)

His beloved called out his name as if to confirm he's really there, this in turn made the onlookers stare at this heart-warming scene with bright smiles.

 

When the elf's best friend, Kei, saw this he shared the smile that the villagers had and decided to visit another day however his footsteps soon paused.

 

"Kei! Don't forget to visit!"(Devan)

My best friend, Devan, told me this and I could only smile and give him a wave.

 

I stared into the sky and thought:

"Maybe it really is time to stop my adventures and find other ways to help people."(Kei) 

 

32