Chapter 25: All Good Things…. Part 6.
53 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regaining control of herself, Vivienne spread her wings and let the warm breeze lift her from the wire and hold her in the air for a few seconds before she darted off in the direction of her yacht.  Helped along by the breeze, Vivienne set eyes on her sleek maroon and tan ship aptly named ‘Blood’s Bounty’.  Well over one hundred and fifty feet long and complete with dual outriggers, the ship looked more like an aerodynamic version of the space shuttle than an actual yacht.  Black windows lined the bridge with smaller dark windows around the rest of the main cabin.  Steps that allowed entry to the boat were carved into both outriggers and the rear metal paneling.  

Typically devoid of any ornamentation so it could travel unhindered across seas and oceans, the wedding changed its appearance to one that proudly showed off an impending celebration.  Outlining the maroon metal structure hung champagne and off white flags that whipped lightly in the summer breeze.  Pale fairy lighting had been wrapped tightly around the rear of the ship so that it led a path to the interior cabin.

Landing on a strip of cornflower blue carpet, Vivienne shifted into her human form and gazed over the water until Casey came out to greet her. “We meet again, Miss Rivers.”  Vivienne smiled and winked.

Dressed in a short but elegant deep purple dress, Casey walked up and bowed to her mistress. “Doctor Moreau, so glad you could be here this evening.”  Casey playfully spoke just before she started laughing. “Viv, let me take a look at you.”

Slowly twisting so that her dress flowed around her legs, Vivienne turned away from the bay and brought her sapphire eyes to bear on her ward. “Unfamiliar with the intricacies of makeup, I thought it better to use only what I have practiced.  How do I look?”

Prepared for an over use of cosmetics, Casey had brought a small case so she could remove anything excess that Vivienne had applied.  Although aware of Vivienne’s natural beauty in all forms, Casey took a few seconds to catch her breath after Vivienne asked her question.  “I-um-Am…”  Casey stammered and dropped the case on the deck of the yacht. “Viv?”  She walked up close to her mistress, “You…look…perfect.”  Casey resisted the urge to press herself into Vivienne’s glossy blue lips. “I wish you could see yourself in a mirror.  Faye will melt.”  Casey pointed and circled her finger around where Vivienne had applied her eyeshadow. “How…I can’t do this good with a mirror.  I didn’t know it was possible to see you more beautiful.”

“I would give you a big hug if I could, Casey.”  Vivienne winked at her ward. “However, If I wrinkle this dress, I might upset Faye or break a seam since this is glued to my body.”  Vivienne pointed to the lighting. “This is new, who’s idea was this?”

Adjusting the corsage so that it sat flatly on Vivienne’s wrist, Casey turned and offered her arm. “Last minute update from the Captain of all people.  Wanted to let you have a lovely path to walk up.”  Casey pointed to the interior of the ship. “I think Faye is too nervous to walk much, so she’s letting you do the wedding march.”

Hesitating and gripping Casey’s arm so the young woman winced, Vivienne glanced over. “My knees are shaking, my head is spinning and I have this tingle down my spine.”  Vivienne leaned against Casey. “I have fallen once tonight, don’t let me..”

“I won’t, Viv.”  Casey smiled. “The music just started, Faye is in there waiting.”  Casey tapped lightly on Vivienne’s chest. “Love is waiting for you, Viv.”

Steadily Vivienne made her way up the little pathway of lights and into the plush interior of the boat.  Normally aware of how the boat was steeped in warm colors backed by polished dark wood walls, Vivienne forgot where she was and focused on Faye’s kaleidoscope green eyes and wide smile.  Barely aware that the pins and needles had faded, Vivienne walked up the slight incline to come face to face with Faye. “Hi.”

Wearing her own strapless cream colored wedding gown, Faye’s wasn’t form fitting like Vivienne’s, but still hugged the right spots on her small body while giving the illusion that the rest was fluid as a calm river.  A lace and beaded bodice criss-crossed Faye’s chest and flowed into her long flower-like sleeves.  Swirling around Faye’s tummy, more beaded lace attached to the lower half of the dress at her hips.  Flaring out from her waist, Faye’s dress also had blue and gold lilies that gave the illusion of floating gently in water.  Completing the look, Faye’s neck had a collar tied on that was a display of latticework of worn leather and matching blue chiffon.  Nervously spinning her bouquet in her hands, Faye looked into Vivienne’s blue eyes and managed to reply. “Hello, yourself.”

When the captain walked up, Vivienne released Casey’s arm and the ward stood between her friends silently.  Sporting a graying beard and a cliche looking white sailor’s cap, the captain cleared his throat before looking at the couple before him. “I don’t typically have the honor to join two lovely people together in matrimony.  However, when Faye approached me and explained she was determined to get Doctor Moreau to walk the aisle, I could hardly say no to her.”  He waited for the three ladies to stop politely laughing. “Imagine my surprise when I asked how they wanted to proceed.  Confidently they both said at the same time, we will make our own vows.”  Reaching for Vivienne’s and Faye’s hands, he brought them together. “Very well ladies, Miss Rivers and I are here to witness this lovely event.  Who would like to start?”

Faye pointed to herself. “Vivienne, if you don’t mind?”  Faye smiled when Vivienne shook her head, and reached for the gold wedding band she’d had made for Vivienne. "Vivienne. I thought I needed to promise the same things my mother and father did to one another.  You know, to love, cherish and honor.  I practiced the words in my head hundreds of times from the second I asked you to marry me." Faye smiled warmly and kissed both of Vivienne hands, "Those didn't seem to fit. True love isn't just a quick tingly feeling.  It's devotion that never fades.  Vivienne Moreau, you have my heart. I love you.  I'll always be at your side.  Blood shared, blood bonded." Faye slid the ring on Vivienne's finger, "My symbol of love and never ending dedication."

Vivienne felt the depth and devotion of Faye’s loving vow, and fought back the tears that had begun to gloss over her sapphire blue eyes.  Reaching for the matching wedding band, Vivienne took a few deep breaths and focused on Faye. "What is the best expression of love? A kiss?  Perchance saying Mon amore?  Until I met you, I didn't know.  Love is meeting the stranger you've known your whole life.  Faye, the moment we met I was nervous...yet at peace.  I've vowed my kisses, vowed my love.  Faye, now I vow my eternal life to you." Vivienne placed the ring on Faye's finger. "Simple and true, this ring is my solid symbol of a never ending loop of love."

Smiling wide, the grizzled captain nodded and looked at Casey. “Unless you have an objection?”

Casey shook her head and wiped away the tears streaming down her face. “None.  They belong together, I’ve never seen love like this.  I would say they are made for each other.”  Casey looked at Vivienne and Faye, “I love the both of you.”

Happy to continue with his duties, the captain took off his hat and placed it over his heart. “Then by the power vested in me as my role as captain and by the laws of this beautiful land we call France, I pronounce you as one.  Bride to Bride, woman to woman, Vivienne to Faye.  You may now… kiss.”

2