Crestfallen
416 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time continued to pass as the sounds of metal meeting metal echoed down below. 

A man wielding twin katanas moved as quickly as a flash trying his best not to let his opponent gain distance away from him.

The spearwoman in front of him could barely keep her composure as she tried to block each and every attack of the dexterous man. 

A low grunt left her mouth each time her spear met his blades.

She could feel her composure waning and confidence crumbling.

Not a single moment to breathe was given to her by the man with twin fangs.

The man hailing from Class A attacked her relentlessly.

With each hit slowly pushing her near the boundary. 

The battle barely started yet the thoughts of defeat started to creep inside her mind.

If this continued she would surely lose without even being given the chance to swing her spear.

"Damn, she's getting completely sh*t on," Kyle let out a sigh as he watched the ongoing battle. 

"Will this be another f*cking loss for us?" Mark was gritting his teeth. 

Wyatt was dead quiet but his silver eyes told a different story. 

He was disappointed in his classmates. 

Especially to the nobles who lost. 

Fooling around instead of training. 

He could not hide the anger within his eyes.

As for the man with dark skin sitting amidst them.

The one student from the lower ranks that had won with spectacular fashion.

Troi sat next to Wyatt equally as quiet yet his eyes told a much different story.

He was begging, praying, and hoping.

To whom? 

To Theos.

[Theos, I hope for her to win.]

[Theos, please let her win.]

[Oh, Theos, god of hope, please grant the lonely wish of this mere human, let the spearwoman below achieve victory against her enemy.]

[Human....]

[As much as I want to grant them, I lack the strength to do so.]

Troi let out a deep sigh. 

This was the last combat that was going to be held today. 

And if the woman below lost then that would mean.

He was the only one who would win from the Honor Class on the first day.

Troi did not want anymore more attention, 

But it seemed he would gather more as the countless sounds of clashes did not seem to stop.

With stamina that did not seem to falter the man from the A-Class let out a barrage of slashes and strikes. 

The poor woman meeting them head-on could only block as if she let her guard down for a single second the shield cast on her would shatter.

But she knew if she did not do anything slowly but surely she would reach the boundary of the arena and be disqualified. 

Time was ticking and she was running out of options. 

The man wore a huge grin as he noticed the edge of the concrete slowly getting near as he continued to pummel his opponent with his katanas. 

As the battle continued it was clear as day that it was one-sided. 

Nearing the edge the girl from the Honor Class tried to counterattack but it was futile.

The twin katana's were faster, 

Hearing the sound of glass shattering the entire morale of the Honor Class was at an all-time low. 

"Victor, Klein De Leon,"

Out of the 70 battles held today. 

They had only won one. 

Up above, Instructor Carn was smiling with glee. 

Except for that one student he had successfully destroyed a part of Ms. Rebecca's reputation. 

Yet as he looked at Ms. Rebecca his smile turned to a frown.

Even though most of her students had lost she had kept her composure. 

Carn clenched his fist. 

'Why is she not seething with rage?' 

As he continued to look at Ms. Rebecca he noticed her green eyes were gazing at someone. 

As Carn set his eyes on where Ms. Rebecca was looking at. 

A student who had dark skin and black hair wearing a stoic face took in his sight.

His brows started to furrow. 

It was the single student who had won against his class.

Troi Leobrera, Rank 278th.

'It seems Ms. Rebecca sparked an interest in him," 

Carn knew that even though the potion he had bought would give his students a huge advantage against the Honor Class.

They would only work in the lower and middle ranks. 

His plan was to show that except for the top 50, the other students in her class were nothing but weaklings.

To show that most of the students in the most elite class in Tyresia just got lucky. 

But a variable had occurred. 

Trying to think of something to do he started to caress his chin. 

Then something clicked within the gears of his mind.

'I wonder how would Ms. Rebecca react if I broke him?' 

Carn started to smile. 

He started to imagine the reaction on Ms. Rebecca's face as she got the news that one of his students she had an interest in would reduced to nothing but a shell. 

He wanted to do the same to the others but most of them had strong connections and people backing them up. 

But he knew that man was a commoner. 

He had no one to protect him. 

Letting out a quiet chuckle. 

He started to form a plan.

After the battle, Ms. Miranda ordered the students to go to their dorms and be prepared for tomorrow. 

"Those who had already participated in a combat duel are not required to attend the next sessions of battles," 

"Work hard students and glory to Tyresia,"

With that, the students started to make their way out of the colosseum. 

The right side was full of laughter and cheers, it was only natural after all their class had won almost all of the combat today. 

The confidence they emitted could have reached the skies.

Except for Arjay, the one student who had lost in their class. 

They all wore huge smiles. 

On the left side, however, only the sounds of them walking could be heard. 

No one spoke a single word. 

And those who lost did not have the strength to lift their heads. 

Troi walked among them, 

Noticing how crestfallen his classmates looked he could not help scratch his head.

He knew that when the time the main protagonist and the heroines would take part they'd overpower the A-Class without even breaking a sweat. 

Troi started to smile because when that happened their glory would overtake his. 

But alas, that smile was short-lived. 

The sight of a freckled red-haired woman with a breathtaking beauty had crept up into his mind. 

Cassandra Coldfeather, 

Troi still had no idea how to make her and Reynold meet. 

But after realizing he had some free time to brainstorm since he was no longer required to attend the next days of the combat practice. 

He steeled his resolve. 

18