Set in Stone
423 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cafeteria was filled with round tables accompanied by steel chairs around. 

The bustling sounds of silverware and chatter rang within the walls. 

Troi sat on a smaller table designed for one or two people near the corner to eat his lunch. 

The fragrance smell of the high-quality steak with seasoned rice made the young man drool. 

Yet before he proceeded to munch on his food which was piping hot. 

He first took his notebook from within his bracelet and set it to the side. 

As he ate he kept re-reading the contents of the notebook which he aptly named [Restore The Crown] at the cover. 

The noises and chatter of students did not break him of his concentration. 

He was engrossed as he read and ate. 

Making sure he did not forget a single detail of the novel.

For he knew it was the only advantage that was given to him in this world. 

He recalled the days that seemed so far away by now.

Analyzing the accursed novel that brought him to this world by reviewing the plots and arcs, the theme, and how the characters acted with one another, in order to make a professional critique. 

Troi's eyebrows furrowed in disdain. 

'If I have only known that f*cking author would put me in this world, I would've just put him in that goddamn web novel contest.' 

He soon shook his head as he didn't want to remember that pathetic man anymore.

'Huh?' 

Troi then tilted his head a little bit to the side. 

Closing his eyes to focus entirely on his mind.

He tried to concentrate a little further. 

'What the hell?'

Yet no matter how hard he tried all he could remember was the smell of rose accompanied by the man who had the body of a supermodel.

As Troi sat there scratching his head in the corner, a well-built man with velvet hair ate his lunch while he chatted with a girl full of freckles about his day. 

Cassandra's gaze did not break away a single moment from Jonssen as he talked.

To an outsider, the girl with red hair seems like a maiden deep in love. 

That even the dullest things spoken to her by the one she loves seem so interesting in her eyes.

'Man, I wish a girl could look at me that way,' 

A student from Class B let out a sigh as he looked from afar. 

His friend could only pat him on the back to comfort him.

Men of different years could not hide the envy in their gazes as they took a glance at the seemingly happy couple. 

But not all that glitters is gold.

Cassandra was not listening to Jonssen as a maiden deep in love.

But as a Coldfeather, one of the high houses.

The moment her father told her that they were the main suspects. 

She froze those feelings onto ice.

She then remembered that night, 

The night when her eyes and ears were forcibly open by a screeching blade.

To the risk and responsibility of a noble of a high house. 

Her father had protected her since birth. 

He showered her with love and care.

He treated her as his daughter. 

Although he was forced to make her and Jonssen from the Craw Family meet as a sign of peace between the two houses.

He would never force her to marry a man she did not love.

He did not want her to be tainted by the politics of the nobles any further.

Duke Greyfold wanted Cassandra to live her life as that of a normal girl.

For that was the last wish of his late wife.

But blinded by the love for his wife and daughter he did not see his enemies sharpen their slithering blades so close to his neck. 

The Fall of House Coldfeather, 

The death of the Duke of ice would cause all the pillars of their house to melt away. 

An inexperienced Cassandra engulfed in grief will be unable to do anything but watch them thaw.

It was a future set in stone. 

Until a threat unseen shattered that boulder. 

'Yo, Troi!," 

A sudden voice interrupted the young man in the corner. 

It was a familiar,

One that he hadn't heard for quite some time now. 

Turning his head, 

The sight of a man with brown hair and black eyes appeared before him.

By his side were two other people with two stars inscribed on the side of their azure uniforms. 

Indicating that they were second-years. 

It was Bernard. 

The man who wielded a trusty claymore that had generously taught Troi in the past. 

"What's up, Bernard," 

"Dude, why are you eating here alone? you should be celebrating!" 

Bernard was secretly proud that the junior he had taught was the only one who won on the first day of the combat practice of the Honor Class and A-Class. 

"Huh, why?" A second-year friend of Bernard was confused.

"Oh you didn't know,? This was the student from the Honor Class who was the sole winner on the first day!" 

"And I am the one who personally taught him the basics!" 

Bernard was practically shouting inside the cafeteria while puffing his chest. 

It was quite loud that the other students around them could not help but look. 

Troi on the other hand had covered his face with one of his hands. 

'I should've just eaten inside my room, god f*cking damn it,' 

Even Cassandra and Jonssen from afar took a glance. 

"Wow, he looks weak but he's the only winner from our sister class?" 

"Is the Honor Class of the knights really this weak now?" 

Jonssen was confused,

He knew how strong the Honor Class of the mages was for he was in it. 

Ranking at 117th, he was someone who was adept in magic. 

Since the Honor Class of the Mages was all strong he had expected the knight's class version of it to also have equal strength to theirs but, 

Learning that only a single one had won on the first day greatly disappointed him. 

Now seeing that apparent student that achieved victory. 

He could not help but be even more dispirited. 

The freckled dame by his side on the other hand was quiet. 

As she glanced at the young man who was making a disgusted expression as he looked at Bernard who was still babbling his mouth. 

She soon turned her head away to look at Jonssen again, 

For in her eyes, there was nothing special about the young man. 

Jonssen feeling Cassandra's gaze befall him soon turned his head towards her.

Troi let out a sigh and took a look around the cafeteria. 

As Bernard continued to brag, 

The other students continued to stare. 

His eyes soon were set upon the table where Cassandra and Jonssen were seated upon. 

As they did they instantly widened. 

'What the hell!?, the fourth heroine was here!?' 

Troi's heart started to beat a little faster. 

Not because of the beauty that Cassandra possesses but because Troi desperately does not want any more attention from the heroines. 

But as he continued to investigate. 

He let out a sigh of relief, 

As no matter how much bragging Bernard was doing, 

They did not turn their heads towards him.

He soon looked at the brown-haired man who could not seem to shut up.

Standing up from his seat. 

Troi raised his hand up in the air. 

Bernand who had his back turned to Troi had no time to react as he felt a hand with such force slap the back of his head.

13