Prologue: Day of Change
2.4k 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boy sit alone, crying alone without a soul in sight. Isolated without anyone to care for or to be cared. He no longer have those he can call parents, they were not with him, first his father, a man who should’ve take responsibility for his action, his premature decision, was not here for him in the first place. While he can live without someone so like that, he cannot live alone, he simply can’t, that’s what he believed, so when the time comes, an early separation from his only guardian, it’s simply unfortunate, the world is cruel enough to take his mother, his only solace, away from him at this time, at the age of five. The world is a cruel place, everyone understands it, this world, this universe, is a living hell. No one choose to be here, no one wishes for such a cruel fate, but fate have its way. 

At the age of five, he managed to lose almost everything in that instant, the moment a foolhardy yet dangerous man, doing a simple crime of robbery, stab his mother in front of his eyes, while he was spared from a similar fate as the polices surrounded the criminal, the damage to the woman was already done, there’s nothing he can do at that point to avert her fate, he cannot turn back the clock like the one who govern this third reality, he is not a miracle maker, he is not a mage who can perform spells, he doesn’t know simple procedures to save someone, and even if he could, he was too terrified to do anything, he can only look in shock and horror, crying for times unknown...

It’s pitiful, this world is, the people in it is, even when the world know peace, tragedy like this still unfolds. Right now the boy cannot do anything, only cried and stares into nothingness. He will continue on with the support of his other relatives, but they cannot replace his mother, no one could, and they all know it, they tried their best to comfort the boy, but even they can’t look after him all the time, they also have their own life to worry about, their jobs, their own family. The boy tried to grow up and live for himself, but he simply can’t bring himself to deal with the loneliness he have, he is still too young to do so, there was nothing else he can do. Only time can cure him now…

I continue to observe him from afar, like other miserable humans, which is basically everyone in this world, I may be a being of higher power, but I am still a manifestation of people’s beliefs, it’s only natural I look out for them, even if I didn’t regularly involved in their affairs. 

Now the boy looks at the moon, ah yes, his mother was killed on the day of full moon, when I shine the most bright, perhaps he looked at me now because it matches back then, what shall he do now? Curse at the moon for just being there? Shining down the light to make the picture of his mother’s demise all the more clear? If one were a reasonable human being, they would never think of doing something so stupid and illogical, but this is when people are unreasonable, when they were just little and have very few experiences in the real world, the living hell.

Now what shall you do? Pray for my help? Curse me for my existence? Or simply stare at it for no reason and continue to dwell in unnecessary regrets? Regardless of what you may think of doing, your mother will never come back, death isn’t something anyone could simply cheated, I am not a being who control such a thing, and such a being will never hear your cry, only her and I do so, day and night.

“I… want to... can help… others…” Ah, so he can speak, even among all the sobbing, it’s been so long since he started to say anything, so prayer it is. Even among other human being, he is especially pitiful, perhaps I can answer his prayer, I might not always deal with human’s affair, but there was never a rule that I can’t. I might not be omnipotent, nor omniscient, but I still have power to make the difference, I am not just an observer, I’m a deity, a being of power, a being human worship, granting power or knowledge is simple, but doing it like that is boring in the eyes of mine and those above me, if I am to do so for simply being nice, for showing empathy, they will twist it in some way or another. If I was to grant it to him the power, it might destroy him, if knowledge were given to him, he might be overwhelmed by it, ultimately consuming him and leave nothing but a husk. Even without their machinations if one is not careful with their gift there will be consequences. I know the answer to the problem, it’s not something I have done, but it’s something I know I can do, the way this power is granted and worked is strange, but it’s something inherently twisted, they cannot be bothered to deal with it if it’s use, since it naturally screw people over in some degree already.

Then it is what I shall do. This power that I will grant him, this power that binds him to me, it’s not something he might have hoped for, it may not be something he wanted, it may be considered a curse by him, in the worst case he might ended up in worst place than he started and the fate worst and death itself will await him, but it’s still something most will not be able to get, some may even want it, it’s something that have such a minuscule chance of happening, he should at least take pride in that, but he might not be able to appreciate it for now, but maybe he will understand how precious this gift can be.

I shall shine even brighter tonight, I shall entrusted this gift to him, may it forged a better future for him, or if it is to bring him misery, then the one who created this reality will be greatly amused. Your future is your to forge my little familiar, may your body be basked in my light and change for the better, I’ll be a little conservative with my blessing for the time being, and I will watch you to see how you fared, how you changed, how your power may forged a better future for you and those you might come to cared for, or perhaps your life will be that of destruction and regret, taking anyone in your path down without mercy. Your future might be bleak and hopeless, or it might be hopeful and colorful. And how your presence will affected or be affected by the fate of this world is something I will enjoy watching, the apocalyptic fate, the chaos that will be wrought upon this world, I shall watch it all being unfolded before my observing eyes.

I can hear you scream, I can hear you suffering from the change, you who collapsed onto the ground, the boy who will no longer be, the one that can no longer call themselves a human, your nature now differs, your wish is twisted by me, but in the end it achieves the same result, you should be grateful.

Regardless of what became of you I will continue to observe, and may fortune come your way pitiful soul.

Good luck to you.

My little bunny.

35