Chapter 2: Mysterious Girl
1.2k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Eric Hernandez———

 

Here I am, a guy in the morning... fucking hell it’s really uncomfortable seeing myself like this every time... Staying permanently as either would be terrible for me, one is really not comfortable at all and another too out of this world to live in the society, it’s a Morton's Fork, and it sucks...

 

#####

 

———Sophia Hayes———

 

Another day at the school and another day I have to deal with boring and exhausting lessons, seriously who enjoy this crap? It’s so freaking unnecessary unless you went with a specific career in mind. Sports and exercise are my things, I love it, so exhilarating compared to doing math and science, and I get all fit and strong, that's the most important part.

Anyway what’s with last night? A guy approached me with a knife and I started to run away, then this girl showed up out of nowhere and curbstomped the guy, literally, it’s surreal seeing a girl beating up a man so easily, I didn’t see her face at all with it being dark and her hood covering her face but from her stature she should be around my age, still though, I’m not really sure what to think of that, she’s crazy strong and fast, that much is easy to tell, she literally broke both of the poor guy’s leg, smash his face in with a few bones broken, at least that’s what the professional told me, after the incident I phoned 911 and some professional arrived on the scene, noting his condition to be real bad, and I was suspected of doing it at first, thankfully they let me go if a bit skeptical from the whole mysterious girl business, she vanish within like a few seconds after she started running away, so she have to be at least professional runner level fast I think, I was... mesmerized not gonna lie, how strong she is and all that... also she’s really cool, and I feel a little frustrated for myself for not being anywhere near that strong, well, at least that shows me how far I could go, it’s a wake up call for me, I’m gonna get super strong and super fast. Honestly it would be nice to know how that girl get so strong and fast, there has to be some secret! Maybe if I put myself in that situation again she might help me again… no that’s just being unnecessarily reckless, I might not be the brightest cookie but I could tell that only an idiot would do something like that… 

 

#####

 

———Eric Hernandez———

 

It’s lunch break right now and I’m just getting the usual food at the cafeteria, sit alone like normal, and eat the boring food they served. Couldn’t they just have more vegetables in these things?... Ah, Thomas is approaching me again. And sit down on the same table, along with those two. Gary and Mark.

“We think you could use some company” Mark spoke up.

“Well, it’s appreciate if nothing else” I commented.

“Anyway let’s have a chat again, how about telling us a bit about yourself?” Gary speak up and start eating.

“It’s either super boring or tragic, there’s no in between” I said, they paused for a moment.

“Um… how about the non-tragic part, otherwise it’ll ruined the mood” Thomas speak up. Awkwardly staring at each other then at me.

“Well, aside from what I told you yesterday there’s not much to say, other than the fact that your friend Gary over there apparently don’t eat his vegetables” I pointed at him and salad he clearly ignored. Gary freezes up by the callout and the other two let out a small chuckle.

“Wow you’re actually pretty funny despite being way too tense” Mark commented.

“I simply found it wasteful, I wouldn’t for the life of me waste any food, especially vegetables” I said it flat out.

“Someone like their vegetables huh? Quite the opposite of this guy” Thomas said as he patted Gary’s back with a grin on his face, Gary look at him slightly exasperated. I’m a rabbit, if anything it’s more strange to not like vegetables, at least when compared to meats, somehow that’s one thing that changes when I got that curse, and it still affected me in my normal mundane form.

 

#####

 

*Ring*

School’s over, and here come Thomas.

“Dude, wanna go play some game again?” He said, with the same friendly tone.

“Sure, hopefully I’ll remember to leave on time today” I said, it was honestly refreshing doing something fun with others, not that I plan on making it a hobby of mine of course.

“Well, you better if you’re not done preparing for the field trip tomorrow” He commented. I’m done with that already, not that there’s much to prepare in the first place.

 

#####

 

We once again joined Thomas and his games, Sophia and I are here like last time as well as the trio.

“Alright, it’s time for truths and dares!” And here come one of my most feared game, since it means I might have to do something that might expose myself.

“It’ll be randomizes who get to ask who, just pick a piece of paper from this box” Everyone pick a folded paper from the box.

“Whoever you get you have to ask them, if you get yourself then lucky you you don’t have to do anything” I got Thomas. I wonder who else gets what.

“Do anyone want to start things off” Everyone went silent.

“Guess I’ll start first and go clockwise” He declared.

“Sophia! Truth or dare!” He said as he look at Sophia to his left.

“... Truth!” 

“Alright! Do you have crush on anyone?” Typical but embarrassing question to be certain. Sophia look shocked, eyes widen and everything.

“... No”

“Certain?”

“Yes!” She quickly said, rather frustrated she have to answer that question, I’m not sure if that’s the case either, I mean I think she’s good looking enough to score with someone but maybe that’s just me.

 

#####

 

“My turn, Thomas, truth of dare” I said to him.

“Dare!” He said with a smirk on his face.

“I dare you to… dress up as a girl” Let’s see if he’ll enjoy it.

“What!?” He scream out, everyone else laugh.

“Like I said, dress as a girl, or at least similar to one” I said with a small grin.

 

#####

 

He looks terrible, he’s wearing his mother’s clothes right now, which must be super embarrassing for him. His mother actually teases him for it and his dad try his best to hold his laughter… I never experienced something like that, the having parents teasing you doing stupid stuff with your friends, well, not like I can anymore.

“Can I take it off soon?” He said to me.

“After this game ends, I have to go after this anyway” I said still smirking.

“Damn, better make it quick Sophia” By process of elimination she have my name on her paper.

“Eric! Truth or dare!” Either one is bad for me, maybe I could winged it a little by saying half-truth.

“Truth”

“Do you know anything of a hoodie wearing girl in our neighborhood?” …Huh? I gave her a stupefied look with her asking that specific question, it’s pretty clear who she’s referring to, but why asking me? How are there any connection she could've made.

“What’s with that question? It’s so specific, what’s so special about a girl in a hoodie anyway?” Mark speak up.

“She beat the shit out of a grown man is what made her special, I remembered her dashing toward where I live so she must live somewhere near me, which by extension near Eric over here, he might know something” So that’s her train of thought, more than what I’m expecting from a sports person.

“To answer your question the answer is yes” I’m not gonna say anymore than that.

“Really!? Tell me everything you know!” She said loudly with excitement, I’m not the only one seeing a bit of madness in her eyes am I?

“That’s not in your initial question so I have no obligation to answer” I said to her, I’m not intending to expose myself in anyway.

“Damn you, I’ll make you spill the bean eventually!” She proudly declared with a smile on her face. I look at my watch and saw that it’s 6:20 PM I should leave at this point.

“I’ll leave now, see you all later”

“Hey don’t forget that I leave at this time to!” Sophia commented. Damn she’s going to try making me spill the bean after we both got out isn’t she.

“Bye!”

I said and quickly left the house.

*Dash*

Time to run away from my problem, literally.

“Don’t think you can run away from me!” Sophia shouted at me, also running toward me, she’s actually faster than me if I remembered about her performance correctly.

“Please don’t press me on this” I yelled back.

“Ya think I’ll reconsider!?” She shouted back, getting closer, this is bad…

“Seriously I don’t know much about her I swear!”

“Just a little bit of information is good enough!” Damn, I’m getting tired, I can’t retain our distance, I’m so freaking weak. 

*Trip*

Ah…

 

#####

 

Uggg.

“Waking up yet sweet prince?” Shut it Sophia and stop carrying me.

“Yeah, I am” I started struggle, looking up at the sky for a bit, it started to get dark. Oh no.

“Can you please let me go?” I pleaded.

“And let you run? No way” Oh come on!

“Please? I don’t want to stay out here during night time! It’s getting dark!” I said with clear desperation in my voice.

“Why are you so scared? Like anything bad will always happened during night” No… it’s the worst time for me… even without the curse, blessing, whatever the hell it is.

“... My mother died walking around in the dark… when I was little” I said with strong emotions in those words. She paused for a moment and let go of me.

“Sorry to hear that, I was being insensitive… I can see why you go home before it’s getting dark now, you don’t want show up during nighttime. Ever”

“Yeah… can I go now?” I said nervously.

“Fine… but you better explain all you know later” She said and started running. I can’t exactly do that just waking up. Which is bad. I look at the time and it’s 6:30 PM. I can’t go home without changing first, it’ll be fine if I’m just at home, but I’m not, I have to do the usual pulling the hood down so no one can see my face and start walking.

...

Damn it the transformation started to take place now with the moonlight all over me, my body changing little by little… for some reason my stamina started to come back, I can run again, not sure how that worked, probably something about the moonlight affecting me.

*Dash*

I started running and hold onto my hood, making sure it doesn’t fall off. The more my body changes the faster I feel like I’m moving, though it could just be me imagining it. I saw Sophia running, it’s quite slow actually, then again she have been carrying me so it make sense she’ll not have enough stamina to run faster. But I quickly passed her.

“Whoa!” She said out loud. Whatever she was in awe about I didn’t see but it doesn’t matter, I have to get back home now.

 

———Sophia Hayes———

 

There she was! And she didn’t even bat me an eye! She’s extremely fast, there’s no away I could catch up, I think at some point she’s so fast she just flat out vanished, now that I got a second glimpse of her isn’t she wearing the same clothes as Eric?... That’s a weird coincidence, I would consider the possibility of them being the same person it wasn’t for the fact that both of them have different gender and the fact that the girl is crazy strong while Eric over here run and trip like a chump. Still, if she does wears the same clothes as him maybe she knows him personally and took his fashion sense… not an impossibility I would say. He definitely knows more than he lets on that much is certain, otherwise he wouldn’t try to run away, whatever he knows is a big secret, and it’s about a girl of all things… must be his secret girlfriend or something… nah, I doubt he could even bothered interacting with a girl. Let’s stop thinking about her for now and go home, need to make sure to be ready for the field trip, which honestly isn’t anything important… though I do wonder what the girl actually looks like under that hood, I didn’t get a good look last time, I’m quite curious about that… Why I wonder? Usually I don’t care about looks, maybe something to do with the fact that she’s clearly hiding her face...

 

#####

 

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

… I ran back home faster than I would’ve expected… not like it’s a bad thing, but it would be nice to know why.

Time to do more stupid homework and go to sleep like usual, feels like after I started accepting Thomas’ offer things have been… less than convenient for me, maybe I should stop accepting his offer and go home like before then, came back as soon as possible with no chances of anyone knowing I’m a bunny girl, at least when receiving moonlight.

At this point I already get used to this body of mine, there’s no denying that I’m a girl at this point, I actually have some girl’s clothes lying around, and I did try them out, it’s actually more fun than I expected at first, doing it just become more natural, of course getting girl’s clothes is a pain when you usually walk around as a guy, I ordered some of it online while other time asked one of my relatives to buy a certain clothes, they’re definitely suspicious about something but too busy with their own business so they never press it.

With all the stuff I can do as a girl, I try them out, many times, it was great, much more than guy stuff that honestly bores me the hell out, having the guy body around feels like a demerit at this point… I’m really, really not a boy anymore. Honestly the only real demerit of this body is how it looks and the fact that I can’t switch between the two simultaneously… as in can’t stay as a girl as long as I want, I need the moonlight to change, and the sunlight to change me back. If only there was a way to change back and forth easily… as if something that convenient existed… if only she was here then maybe she could do something about it… but I doubt praying to her again will just make her show up… I should stop pondering on these things and go do something else now...

32