Chapter Three: First Mission
139 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And this is the guild's library." Cordelia had shown the last few rooms to the newcomer. Rubi looked around, taking in the details as she did so. The library was the most vibrant in terms of colour and lighting. The orange, amber and blue colouring across the wall were beautiful. The brown bookshelves had flowered embroidery on the wood. All in all, it was stunning. The two women exited, and headed to the ladies changing room. She had to be given a guild uniform based on her class. They head down the steps back to the first floor and enter the door on their right hand side, which is located behind the bar. The ladies dressing room reminded Rubi of those medieval nursing offices in video games she had come across. A tall woman wearing a large green overall on top of orange jumper, wearing large brown boots turned and looked at the girls.

"What can I do for you, Cordelia?" The woman fully turned toward them, her blue eyes boring into theirs. The sunlight gave her brown hair and tanned skin a golden hue.

"This is our latest recruit. The summon that we've been trying to get these past couple of weeks. Zion asked if you could provide her a uniform based on her class." Anne looked at Rubi, who stood their, observing her surroundings.

"And her class is?" Cordelia pouted, stomping her feet as she did so.

"I thought you were there at the welcome party and class migration." Cordelia said, her eye twitching with annoyance. Anne laughed.

"I can't waste a single second, Cordy. Not even to celebrate. I have customers and new guild members who want the hands of the finest seamstress of Cyane City making their clothing. But I digress. What class are you, sweetheart?" Rubi pointed at herself, surprised if she was the one being spoken to. When Anne nodded, Rubi smiled and answered.

"Demon class." An awkward and intense silence fell between the three. It went for so long, that Rubi started breaking out in cold sweat.

"The fuck do you mean, demon class. There's no way." Anne was beyond mortified.

"We were all horrified as well. We made her test the machine six times. She's a demon class guild member." Cordelia explained, nodding her head up and down. Anne placed the needle she had in her hand down, a took a seat on the stool by the small sewing table. Most people in this guild were bandits. The only exceptions were Cordelia, whose class was still unknown. Zion, who was a knight. Calcious, Zoey and Moorenag, who were all mages. A demon amongst Cyane City was a first. There was also the fact that she did not have the materials to make the clothing for Rubi, and using any other material would do detrimental damage to the girl's mana and spirit. With a strained sigh, she stood up and walked up to the girl.

"To put it simply, I do not have the materials to make your class appropriate uniform, since your class is rare to none. However, I'll have Zion create a team with you and Cordelia included, and you'll be heading to Old Creek tower in the far north of borders between Cyane City and Reekwood. An old seamstress is said to live there, and she handles the tailoring of rare class materials."

"You're sending us out on a mission based on hearsay." Rubi voiced her concerns. Anne laughed before pushing them out of her room, then leading them to Zion's office.

"You'll get used to investigating and dabbling in the world of hearsay quite soon." The tanned woman pushed the office door. Rubi wanted to question it even more, but decided against it. Zion was sitting on the table looking over some reports, a large cigar hanging from his lips.

"I need you to round up a team of two more people. I've asked them to see the supposed seamstress in Old Creek tower." Zion looked up from the paper, and stared at Anne for a long minute. The man shrugged his shoulders, going along with the request. He then tapped the orb on his desk, and two unfamiliar faces popped up. Rubi was simply amazed. It was like video calling but magical. They were two boys. One had tanned skin with long white, lilac eyes and a scar running across his nose bridge. The other was pale, had short black that was messy, ice blue eyes and large golden earrings dangling from his ears.

"Whatcha need, old man?" The raven haired boy spoke. Zion placed his papers down and spoke.

"I need you and Moorenag to come downstairs. You have an assignment." It did not take long for a floral insignia to show up on the ground. It started to glow, slowly revealing the two figures emerging from it. They were tall men. Calcious and Moorenag. The two out of the three most important mages in the guild. The two men looked at Rubi, and extended their greetings.

"You're our demonic addition to the guild. Hope you enjoy your stay." Moorenag voiced, a sly grin on his fave. Rubi already knew she would not like the smug son of the bitch. He reminded her too much of Kenzie. And the irritated look on Cordelia's face implied that she did not either. Calcious was much warmer, and offered her sweet smile.

"Now that the introductions are out of the way. The assignment is fairly simple. You need to go to Old Creek tower and see if the famed seamstress actually does live there. If she does, you'll have her make a guild uniform tailored specifically for Rubi here. If she does not reside there, then sorry Rubi, but you're going to have to carry out your missions and obligations as a summons wearing that." Anne pointed at the young girl's uniform, beyond disgusted. Rubi looked down at herself, offended by the disgusted look on the seamstress face.

"Is that clear?" Zion asked.

"Crystal." They all replied back, except the complacent Rubi.

This was her first official mission.

6