Chapter Four- Mayhem
97 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is that how your mother raised you to be? A conniving, scheming son of a bitch." Rubi spat, as another hideous insult was thrown at her face by Moorenag. Cordelia and Calcious looked at the two before them with caution. The group of four had been walking for what felt like hours, after their carriage had dropped them off from the guild hall to the outskirts of the city. In those hours, Rubi and Moorenag had been bickering and insulting each other non-stop. Of course, the tanned skinned male was the instigator.

"I suggest you keep my mother's name out of your mouth, or else." The white haired male threatened. Rubi, completely over the unwarranted torment, pointed at the man and screeched.

"Or else what?!" She exclaimed, her face reddening by the second. Cordelia almost let a chuckle escape her mouth, but caught herself. Calcious, on the other hand, was holding his stomach, running out of air to breathe. The midday sun was beating down on them without mercy, and they slowly grew tired of the bickering. The started walking again. The mysterious Old Creek tower could be seen in the far distance, with only oceans of green grass separating the guild member from their destination. Rubi's legs were slowly growing tired. She hadn't walked this much in her entire life. With the presence of cars and public transport, there wasn't a need. Slowly, the feeling of homesickness and fatigue was starting to grow.

Cordelia, who noticed this, handed a pouch of crisp, cold water to the her. Rubi muttered a thanks, and downed the liquid. She was instantly rejuvenated.

{Body fatigue decreased}

{Liquid detected: Atherian cave water.}

{This item is added to inventory}

{+20XP }

Just as the young girl forgot about the system, the android voice and holographic screen that would appear, and remind her they were here to stay. The group started to cross the plain valley, the scent of fresh glass and dampness filled their nostrils. If the old lady was truly residing in the tower, then Rubi had to be sure whatever outfit she chose was up to par. She then turned to Cordelia, taking in her all white appearance again.

"Why is your class unknown? You cat like appearance should put you in some category, right?" Cordelia nodded, agreeing with the girl.

"I, myself don't know why I'm in no class. It is something that just happened. The funny thing is, there doesn't seem to be enough of us to even form a class, according to the grand council." There was sadness with the way that she spoke of her identity. Rubi related in some aspects. She didn't know where she quit fit in her world. She'd hoped this wouldn't be the case again here.

"We never really asked you if you miss your home." Calcious's arms encircled the summons' shoulder, a grin sprawled our across his face. Rubi pondered for a bit. Did she miss her world? In some ways she did. No matter how much it sucked, it was still her world. She nodded in a half-assed manner. He was content with the answer, and decided to not push any further. A calming silence fell upon them as they walked through the rest of the valley. Rubi looked up into the sky. The large clouds and the bright blue sky almost looked like it was painted on. Just as she was starting to feel at ease, Rubi felt a shiver run down her spine, and she looked behind her to see if anyone or thing was there. The rest of the group looked at her confused, trying to see what she was looking for.

"Is everything alright?" Cordelia asked, worried for the girl. Before Rubi could give her a reply, Moorenag interjected with less than kind things to say.

"Who knows what bad omen the demon has brought with her." This warranted a harsh shove from Calcious,.

"Not cool man. Zion isn't going to be happy with the hostility that you've been showing our guild member." Moorenag scowled, picking up the pace and deciding to leave the group behind. He really had it in for Rubi, and she did not know why. The trio continued walking, trying to catch up with the angered white haired male. The tingling sensation wasn't letting up, and only intensified as the time went on. She slowly started breaking out in cold sweat as the tower drew closer. Maybe it was her. She was having a delayed panic attack to her situation. However, her panicking mood would swiftly be answered. A large orc could be seen at the end of the valley. Moorenag had already stopped walking, backing up and creating a safe distance between him and the monster.

"Just our luck." He whispered to himself, not before sending a menacing glare Rubi's way. Cordelia got in front of the girl, as did Calcious.

"Stay back okay. It'll be over in a jiffy." The feline girl winked. Rubi did not need to be told twice. She took a massive step back. The orc noticed the group and started charging toward them. He brought his humungous baton down on Moorenag, who swiftly dodged the attack. The tanned male's fist lit up with flames, and Rubi almost screamed. Of course, the hot headed bastard was a fire user. What a cliche. Moorenag jumped up, and whipped the orc with the flames he produced. This disoriented the monster enough for Cordelia to sprint forward, and claw the heels of the monster. Rubi winced as the orc roared in pain, blood gushing out of his heels. Calcious was up next. The atmosphere's temperature dropped, and ice coated the grass's tips. The young girl started to shiver, The orc swung around, hitting nothing but the grass, and causing soil to fly around everywhere. The green creature kept roaring, but silenced as slowly froze. Cordelia jumped in the air, and brought down a forceful kick, breaking the monster into pieces. Rubi stood there wide eyed in awe. She was surrounded by powerful people, and was completely amazed.

Calcious was an ice type use. Cordelia was a feline, and Moorenag was an fire type user. She wondered what sort of powers she'd end up having when she underwent training.

"Earth to Rubi." The pink haired girl snapped out of her thoughts. She looked down to see what Calcious was trying to give her. The baton sat graciously across both his palms. She grabbed it, and immediately the two things she hated appeared.

{New weapon detected- Orc's Baton}

{Speciality-Brute force attacks}

{+175XP}

Sooner or later, she would need to find a way to switch this system off. Rubi thanked Calcious for offering her the baton, and the group continued the journey. They finally reached the end of the valley. They currently stood on the rood that acted as the border between Cyane City and Reekwood. The tower was much larger, and was surrounded by a an ominous aura.

Rubi was not ready for whatever was behind those doors.

5