Chapter Six- Blair, the golden seamstress
98 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location-Old Creek Tower

Rubi took the initiative to open the door. The creaking noise alerted the spiders on the wall, and they quickly scurried off. Moorenag pushed the girl forward, causing her to stumble a little bit. She turned around to glare at the man, before muttering an insult under her breath. Their footsteps echoed across the desolate hall, as steam left their mouths from the freezing cold. The entrance hallway was long, with marble checkered floors, and rows of ominous portraits hanging from the walls. Three unlit candle chandeliers hung from the ceiling, completely covered with cobwebs.

The tower was creepy. It reminded Rubi of the haunted house in her neighbourhood, and how her and brother would spend most of their summer vacation there. They continued walking further down the hall. Cordelia's eyes focused on the portraits as she walked. It was all paintings of the same woman. However, as they progressed further down, the portraits started to look really messy. The woman's face was painted over with black paint. Cordelia focused her attention elsewhere, deciding to not think too hard about it. Calcious looked at the many doors, wondering where they led too.

"The hallway is a little too long to belong in a tower, don't you think?" Rubi and Moorenag questioned simultaneously, before hissing at each other. Cordelia and Calcious agreed. It was abnormally long. And the further they walked, the longer the hall seemed to be getting. Cordelia's eyes started to glow. Her cat-like vision was the only way to determine if there was an illusion taking place. Lo and behold there was. She spotted a black cat staring right back at her, with it's large green eyes.

"Guys, follow my lead. We're in an illusion." She instructed the other three. They quickly obeyed, following closely behind the girl. Cordelia stopped in front of a dark purple circular door by the spiral staircase. The rest did too. The black cat simply meowed before heading into the abyss, leaving the group alone with whatever was behind this door. A sound could be heard behind the door. Cordelia heightened her hearing. It was the voice of a woman singing mixed with the sound of some sort of rotating machine.

Rubi watched Cordelia closely, trying to figure what she was hearing. She placed her hands behind her ears, which resulted in laughter from both of the males. She placed her hands down quickly, and pouted.

"I think the seamstress is behind this door." Cordelia said, her hands inching towards the door knob. "However, she sounds too young to be the famed seamstress." She continued.

"Some old women have young voices. You can't really judge from that." Calcious said, with his finger pointed up. Moorenag moved Cordelia aside, not enjoying the fact that she was taking too long to open the door. The door knob rotated and opened in the door in one swish movement. In the room was a large spinning wheel with a glowing gold thread being spun. The most beautiful woman any of them have laid eyes upon sat on stool, with dead straws covering the ground and her feet. Her skin was glowing white. Her large, down-turned sage green eyes cried golden threads. Her long black hair flowed like a river, and appeared to have stars in them. She wore a long midnight blue dress with constellations embroidered on it. Rubi's jaws almost dropped. No one she had ever laid eyes on was this beautiful. She looked like a princess straight out of a fairy-tale.

"What may I help you with?" The seamstress stopped spinning the wheel, and looked at the group with a small smile. They tried to speak, but they were still completely starstruck. Rubi finally composed herself, and started to speak.

"I've come here for a class uniform." The seamstress stood up, revealing herself to be much taller than she actually was.

"If you have come to me for a uniform, that means you are a rare class summons." Rubi nodded. The woman's voice was soft and velvety. It reminded the young girl of a warm blanket. "My name is Blair, and well done for being able to get past the illusion." She looked directly at Cordelia as she said that.

"With your altered appearance, I presume that you are a demon." Rubi nodded her head. "Let's get your uniform ready, shall we?" Her golden threads pouring from her eyes turned black. Blair the seamstress was ready to work.

4