Chapter Seven: The forces of evil
71 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, don't you think it's pretty?" Blair asked, a large smile breaking out on her face. Rubi looked at her uniform and then the seamstress. She didn't know what to think. The choked laughter coming from her team did not seem to help at all.

"You're joking right? There's no fucking way that this is it."She looked down at the black tracksuit she was currently wearing. This had to be a joke. Blair shook her head no.

"I believe that is the best possible outfit for you. You look really nice in it too." They were all standing outside the tower, and the beating heat of the sun was not helping Rubi's irritated mood. Ever since she had been brought here, she was like butt of everyone's cruel jokes. She took a deep breath, turned around and started walking back to where they first came from.

"What a fucking fraud." She muttered to herself. Cordelia and Calcious rushed toward the girl, stopping their laughter. Moorenag smile faltered for a bit. Had they taken it too far? He handed the seamstress her money, and rushed toward the group. Once they were out of reach, Blair sighed, and closed the tower's doors.

"Why would you create such a basic outfit?" A croaky, feminine voice spoke out. It belonged to the black from before. Blair ran a hand over her face, snapped her fingers and watched as the candle chandelier lit up with green flames. The corridor was shortened, and sofas and a coffee table emerged from the ground. A fire place appeared with a large pot bubbling over the flames. She took a seat on one of the sofas. Her sage green eyes fixated on the fire place.

"The basic part of the uniform was intentional. We don't want what happened all those years ago to happen again." She replied. She took the piping hot cup of tea on the table and took a sip. The black cat jumped on the sofa.

"You limit the girl's mana based on the events of the past. Or is it because of his last words?" Blair glared at the animal. "So I'm right." The cat jumped off, disappearing into the abyss once again.

_________________

Location- Fatiria District- Southern Athera

Loud music and chatter filled the atmosphere, giving the place a festive ambience. The blinding lights of orange, purple, blue, pink and green danced around the casino halls.Women's giggles and men's boasting fought with the music, to see who could be the loudest. At the far end of the casino was a large golden chair. Sitting on the chair was Dante Rodriguez in all his tiny might. Two women wearing tight dress sat on each of his side, pouring his glass of wine and feeding him fruits. This was the Rosemiles Guild. The guild everyone came to have a great time. Dante was laughing, his 40s radio voice echoing across his area.

"To believe that bastard Zion had gotten himself a demon. What a fucking joke?" He laughed. "To think that talentless knight was able to actually summon a rare class. It's simply crazy." He slurred. He was beyond intoxicated, and his words started to come out incoherently. A tall man with short ginger hair, wearing a velvet purple tuxedo,walked up to the guild master.

"You're beyond drunk, sir. You need to stop tarnishing your image for once." Mattias spoke, his cyan coloured eyes staring into his master's odd looking ones. "The important matter at hand is that a demon has been summoned. Which historically......hasn't been a good thing." This snapped Dante out of his drunken state. Mattias was right. The other guilds and the council were already thinking of a way to get rid of the demon. He needed to be the first one on the job. He looked at a large portrait of an older version of him.

"Mattias, prepare the rest of your group.The fate of the world rests on our shoulders." The ginger haired male nodded.

___________

Location- Black Bandit Guild Resident Hall- North of Cyanne City

The group returned from the trip, and showed Rubi where she would be sleeping and bathing. The guild resident was split into two different blocks. The male blocks and female blocks. Her room was on the ground floor right by Cordelia's room. She was currently in her room with nothing but a towel on. She had taken a shower, and thought long and hard about her situation. What was stopping her from requesting that she return home? After all, she was in no obligated contract, as far as Zion had told her. She looked into the mirror in front of her, and carefully examined her features. Her red eyes were much duller than before, and she looked as if she had lost some face fat. With a deep sigh, she grabbed the white t-shirt and black shorts on her bed, and wore them.

She was due to start training tomorrow, and she hoped that things started getting better from her on out. If there was one thing she was happy about, is that she reached level two. According to the summons book she read in the guild library, three more levels to go and she would be fully integrated into Athera, and would no longer need the game like tabs and android voice. She laid herself on the bed, and got comfortable. She truly wished tomorrow would be a better day.

6