Chapter Eight- Training Day
87 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location: Black Bandit Guild's Training Ground

"What a beautiful, luxurious day to be conducting our first ever training session with a summons!" Zion exclaimed gleefully. It was the early hours of the morning, and the sun had barely risen up. Rubi felt all her bones crack with every move she made. Her leg muscles ached horrendously from all the walking they had done yesterday. She tried to stay awake, but her eyes were growing heavier by the second. Zion grabbed the megaphone from Anne, who deemed herself the mascot of the day, and started yelling through it, scaring the poor girl to death.

"Let's keep our eyes open, please!" He moved the megaphone away from his mouth, then proceeded to walk up to her. Rubi watched with an unfocused attention, as they knight strode towards her. Her mind was preoccupied by the thoughts of returning back to the most comfortable, and warmest bed she had ever slept on. A true luxury only one could ever dream off. Zion grabbed the girl by her shoulder, quickly spun her around, and made her face the dark looking forest. Her stomach dropped. She thought she would run around in circles for the first day, and do all the harder stuff later on in the week. She could feel the guild master's smirk, her urges to smack it right off his face becoming stronger.

"There's nothing like a good old forest run to test our endurance, and awareness." He sighed in bliss. Rubi tried to remain glued to the ground, but the strength the man possessed, made it easy for him to shove her into the forest entrance.

"I wanna go home," she cried out. "I don't think I'm cut out for this." Waterworks had already begun. The forest was pitch black, other than the little sun rays trying to seep through.

"Woo hoo, you can do it!" Anne cheered on, a conniving expression plastered on her tanned face.

"Please let me go!" She tried to run back on to the training ground, but was immediately pushed back by a barrier. She looked at the guild master, only to be met with a large grin.

"You have four hours to make it out of the other end of the forest. To pass, you'll need to reach level five and make it out of the forest in the four hour space." This wasn't training. This was pure psychological and physical torture. "Failure to complete that will result in a deadly punishment." He drew closer to the barrier, a much dark expression now painted on his face. Rubi squealed, her eyes filling up with tears once again. What did she truly do to deserve this? She cursed everyone, and her cursing became vulgar when Moorenag came into her mind. That white haired pig must have had something to do with this unusual and dangerous training. It was the only explanation.

Cordelia, who appeared out of nowhere, chimed in. "I'll cook you favourite meal as a reward for passing." The grim and disgusted expressions on Zion and Anne's face, made Rubi politely decline the offer. She finally took a deep breath, and faced the forest with a semi brave expression on her face. She had an orc's weapon in her inventory, which would be of big help if anything was to jump at her. The pink haired girl needed to treat it like a video game. With one final deep breath, she entered the forest, and thus began her training day.

 

2