Chapter Nine: Monsters! Monsters! Monsters!
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rubi walked through the forest with her guard up. The sun rays had finally seeped through the trees, and provided efficient light for the forest. It was slightly cold, but her tracksuit was keeping her warm. She brought out the holographic screen to see how much time she had left, and it was just under four hours. She brought out the orc's baton for good measure, and focused her attention back on the task at hand. The forest was mostly quiet, other than the occasional sounds of owls. This would be a breeze. She would simply get out of this forest, and continue whatever training session the guild master had in mind. The young girl snapped her neck toward the sound of tree branches snapping. Her eyes were wide and highly alert, and her body became frigid.

A pair of red glowing eyes came from in between the trees. However, instead of her cowardly behaviour from her previous run-in with a monster, she had a rather serious expression. She jumped back, the power for her mana finally running through her body. The uniform was useful then. A large red wolf pounced out the shadows, and ran toward her. She quickly dodged, using her skills from gymnastics class. The wolf crashed into the tree, and stumbled. Rubi took this chance to start running, and came up with a plan to escape or kill the wolf. She looked at the black baton in her hand. It was heavy and she didn't know how to exactly use the thing yet. Her mind replayed back to yesterday's attack with the orc.

She thought about how he swung the weapon, then studied how her teammates fought against it. She wasn't the most athletic person ever, but this fantasy world would have to have given her some boost in strength, speed and endurance. Rubi looked back to see if the wolf was back on its feet and chasing after her. It was. She picked up the speed, sprinting a full speed ahead. She would have to combine everything in order to kill the monster and collect her points. She brought out the holographic screen to see how much time she had. Her eyes widened when she noticed she had hit the three hour mark.

"Jesus, already!" She dodged the claw attack sent her way, then flipped to hide into the nearby bushes. Which proved to be futile. She stopped running, glaring at the wretched beast before her. The pink haired girl started swinging her baton around, pointing it at the beast before her. "Are you ready for your beat down?" This must have aggravated the monster, because it let out a blood curdling roar, and launched itself toward her. She readied herself. When it was mere inches away from biting her, Rubi used it's head to launch herself way up high in the air. This confused the beast, delaying it reaction to the upcoming attack she was bringing down.

"Boink!" She yelled out loud, hitting the beast on its head with extreme force. She didn't stop there, and instead continued her barrage of violent attacks on the large wolf. When it was finally dead, she dropped the baton, and placed her hands on her knees. She was out of breath, tired from it all. How the hell did those guild members do it? She questions, in awe. The pink haired demon girl went near, and watched as it became pixelated. It was a large fang attached to a beaded necklase.

{A protection fang added to the inventory}

{+500 XP }

She was halfway through level two. She needed to do better than this. She barely had enough time left. She heard a pair of heavier footsteps approaching her, and groaned to herself. The young woman picked up the baton and steadied herself, quickly dodging the attack from what looked like a flamed fox. This was odd. The creature lit up the entire area with a beautiful glowing blue colour. She barely noticed the large purple serpent slithering her way. The flaming fox spat a fireball at the creature, a protective gesture on it's part. The serpent quickly got up to attack. However, Rubi used the fang to create a protective barrier between them, before hitting the large snake with the baton.

"There's so many of you fuckers!" She cursed out. Rubi did some back-flips, landing by the flaming fox's side. She looked at the stunning creature, entranced by its starry blue eyes. "I don't know what you are, or who you are. But, let's join forces and help each other out." The fox looked up, and sort of smiled. The serpent creature got up, slithering towards them again.

"Let's go!"

_________________

Location: Sacrament Guild- Cyanne City

"This tea is perfect as always, Qian." Daiyu spoke, taking a nice sip of the beverage. Qian bowed, thanking the guild master. The old man turned around and exited the luxuriously decorated office. The office had a black and gold interior, with various black jades embedded in various items around the room. She had large portraits of her predecessors lodged on the walls. Daiyu's large desk filled with paperwork had the Sacrament Guild's logo painted on the front. A phoenix dancing with a tiger. Two black sofas faced each other from the opposite sides, with an elongated black jaded coffee table in between them. On each of the sofas, sat six individuals. The large rounded window, allowed the midday sunlight to shine through. One the left sofa sat Yao, Zayn, and Lidia. Yao was a tall man with a lean build and pale skin. His long black hair was braided, and he wore a uniform reminiscent of Qing Dynasty or the Jiangshi. His fangs pocked a little out of his mouth. His red sharp eyes, stared down at the table before him. His expression remained cold.

Zayn, on the other hand, was a dark skinned young boy with long, white locs and large black eyes. He wore a white shirt with a black tie, and black dress shorts, with a pair of black combat boots. His cheeks were lathered in freckles, and an orange cat sat comfortably asleep on his lap. Lidia, who was munching away on some donoughts, was a voluminous blue haired girl, with large bubblegum pink eyes. She wore a tightly fitted pink tank top with a blue miniskirt. Her finger nails were painted in blue and pink colours, and she had various cute clips attached to long hair. Her thigh high, white fur demonia heel had daggers strapped on them. She quickly handed a donought to Zayn, when he asked for one.

The other three individuals were all triplets, who all had long green hair and wore black and white tuxedos. Their lilac eyes stared at their master, patiently waiting for her words. These triplets were Do, Re and Mi. Their tanned skin had patches of skin with lighter pigment.

Daiyu placed her cup down, and walked towards her guild members. She eyed every single one of them to make sure they were all here, but immediately frowned when she noticed one of them was missing. She wasn't going to bother asking, instead she started speaking. Zayn, Lidia and Yao were her new summons, and they were powerful. They had already proven themselves to be of great strength.

"I brought you all here today to tell you that the Black Bandits have gotten their hands on a Demon summons." Their eyes all widened in disbelief.

"They got that with their first summoning in how many years." Do, Re and Mi all harmonised. Daiyu nodded, still not quite believing it herself.

"The last time a demon was summoned, you know what had happened." Yao spoke up, his eyes still focused on the ground, Daiyu nodded, running a hand through her pink, then dusting off her blazer.

"Yes we do. I'm have no doubt that the other guild masters and the Antiqua Grand Council are going to attack in fear of history repeating itself. However, that's a foolish plan. We're going to be the friendly neighbour, who wishes nothing but the best for the demon girl. Then, we'll gain her trust and use her power for bigger and better plans." She took a deep breath before continuing.

"To simply put it. We'll use her to resurrect him."

___________________________

The sun had finally set, and Zion, Anne and Cordelia were waiting on the other side of the forest. Rubi had gone beyond the set time given to her, and they were worried.

"She's six hours late, so I'm heading in." Cordelia said, a whole lot of gruesome scenarios running through her head. Images of Rubi being torn by bears, or snakes, or even the wolves. She shuddered, then took quick steps toward the forest entrance, only to halt in her tracks with wide eyes.

"Monsters! Monsters! Monsters! Why are there so fucking many?!" Rubi yelled. She stepped out of the shadows. Her face then drained from colour when she noticed it was sunset. Dammit, she failed.

"Is it you, Rubi?" Zion asked, short of word from disbelief.

"What kinda....of course it's me. Who else would it be?" She then stopped and noticed something. Her and Cordelia had always been the same height, so why was she kind of looking down at the cat-girl. Cordelia summoned a mirror and faced it toward Rubi. The said girl almost let a scream leave her mouth. She had red horns growing from the side of her head. Her eyes were a much darker red, and had two black lines running down from each corner. Her skin was paler. She handed back the mirror then looked down at her body. She has grown a little muscle and was taller than before. Her tracksuit seemed to have grown with her too. A sword she had not noticed before was sheathed on her hip. She quickly handed back the mirror to Cordelia, and proceeded to summon the holographic screen, which did not appear. That meant her inventory was lost too. All that hard work for nothing.

Did she finally assimilate to her class and this world? All the other three could do was applaud. She had grown strong.

She was a full fledged monster hunter. Rubi turned back towards the forest, silently thanking the flamed fox.

3