Chapter Fourteen- Gross Miscalculations
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If it were any other person, I would have not made the exceptions, believe me. But it wasn't any other person, it was my brother!" A loud, deep feminine voice echoed across the factory's walls.

"Well, your choice directly disobeys orders from Master Terrance." A slimy male voice echoed after. The young woman, who was tied to a wooden chair with blood trickling down her face was Morgan. Her pale skin had multiple bruises decorated over it. Her blue eyes stared at the ceiling as she let herself laugh. Her blonde hair clung to the sweat of her forehead and cheeks. The slimy voice belonged to a short, thin pale man with greying black hair and serpent green eyes. He wore a butler's uniform with a pocket watch hanging out of his silk suit vest pocket. Van Woodhoisen, the torturer and scientist for the Axe Hats. He turned to his metal table with various sharp objects laying on top of it. Morgan could only sit there and watch as the man before her picked his weapon of choice. A syringe filled with sulphuric acid.

"You know how harmful sulphuric acid is to a plant mage, don't you. What would happen if I were to inject you with it?" Morgan began to thrash around in the chair, desperately trying to get out. However, it was no use. "Just tell me why you decided to do what you did, and don't give me that brother crap, okay." Morgan continued thrashing around in her seat. scooting back every time Woodhoisen took a step forward. She wasn't going to say why she did what she did. "You were asked to guard your brother's cell as a way to test your loyalty, and yet you allowed him to escape. Not like he'll get anywhere." Woodhoisen voiced with a sarcastic tone. He finally reached her, and Morgan began to lose it.

"You fucking get away from me, you twisted fuck! Ya hear me! Get away from me!" She screeched, but to no avail. Her cries of help fell on deaf ears as the mad scientist stuck the needed in her arm, emptying the liquid in her. The blonde girl began to convulse. Woodhoisen watched with mad, sadistic eyes, enjoying how the black veins slowly appeared on her skin. Just as he was about to place in the second dosage of sulphuric acid in her, the door to his slimy torture chamber opened, and in walked Henri.

Woodhoisen turned around, pissed that he was being interrupted. "What do you need, brat?" Henri stuck his tongue out.

"Is that anyway to talk to the master's son?" The young boy threw back at him. It took every nerve in the scientist's body to not roll his eyes, irritated with the kid's presence. "Father is calling you. We're conducting a guild meeting based on our finances." Woodhoisen clocked his head to the side.

"Last time I checked, I'm not a accountant, so why do I need to be present?" Henri laughed, hopping down the stairs before jumping really high and landing in front of the older man. Morgan's blabber could be heard from behind them, and Henri couldn't help but feel sorry for her. With one swift snap of his finger and she turned to ashes. The young boy then ran a hand through his pink hair, waiting for the scientist's tantrum to end.

"You underdeveloped neanderthal, what have you done? My beautiful upcoming experiment turned....to....dust." The dramatic man dropped on his knees.

"You're going to need to attend the meeting since we grossly miscalculated just how much we spend, and that includes the expenses of your experiments. Plus, we're talking about imposing a tax on the village to help with production of the magic tools." Woodhoisen got up, wiped his tears and looked at Henri.

"What exactly does this village have to offer? They aren't exactly that well off." Henri shrugged, he didn't understand his father either. That money hungry bastard. No one knew what he was thinking. No one except his pet, Giorno.

"Well, whether they got money or not, that doesn't matter. Plus, failure to pay the tax equates punishment, and that means more experiments for you." This wildly piqued the scientist interest, and by no time both he and Henri were out of the door. 

2