From the Shadows
53 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wu Kun is a troubled man. At the age of 45 is only a Warrior Rank 4. With no hope to get any further, destined to always be an outer disciple of the sect.  Not even his own family wanted anything to do with him, as his younger sister was already at a higher rank than him at half his age.

Face with the reality of the situation, he went on a pilgrimage. To find something to make him stronger, to push past his birth-assigned talents. It was during this pilgrimage that he grew for the first time ever. Only growing in strength after killing a lot of monsters.

Bathing in their blood, his strength grew by a bit. Becoming blinded by the prospect of growth, he continues his killing of monsters. Growing stronger with each new kill till he could no longer grow. But how could he stop now? He needs to continue to grow in strength.

More and more strength, more blood. If beast blood could no longer make him grow, how about human blood? That is how his slow descent into corruption started. The Bloody Mother welcomes in a new child as he took his first human life. He bathes and drinks the blood of his victim. His skin became slightly pale.

But he could not stop, he needs to grow more! As such he continues his murder spree, but as he was about to get caught. Other cultivators who follow the bloody mother help him out, blaming the murders on some random mortal. He was forced to move to another place, commanded to hold back his blood lust.

But no matter how much he tries, after 10 days he could no longer hold himself back. He needs blood and the need for it grows in strength. Like this the cycle is repeated, he would murder, murder more and more, till his new friends came in and cover for him. Force to move to another place and hold back for 10 days.

Now he is 47 and at Warrior Rank 6, wondering with the walls of the capital city. Where most of his friends are. If he remembers correctly, today they were having a meeting or something like that. Not like he cared about it, for he could no longer hold still.

He needs blood, he needs to grow in strength. Unlike before, when he will kill at random. Today he got a special victim, his first target kill. A woman who runs a flower shop by herself. The reason he wanted to kill her is because of how happy she seems when walking with some other woman.

For some reason or another, he envisions this woman as his younger sister. Was she laughing at his misery? What is so funny!? Why can she be happy while he can't? Why? Why? Why? Those questions were slowly consuming the mind of the bloodthirsty criminal.

So, he follows this woman through the day, hiding in the shadows and behind her. When walking among mortals he felt like a god. No none of them could sense him or see him when he puts his mind to it. As the sun goes down, the sky becomes dark, and people go to their homes to sleep through the night.

But he continues to follow the woman, as she was working outside of her flower shop. Doing some cleaning and other things he did not care to pay attention to. As she enters the flower shop and comes back with a bag full of garbage. Within the capital city, there are designated places to throw trash. These places will then be visited and cleaned of trash by a trash company within the city.

What they do with the trash is none of their business and the people did not care either. He follows this woman, using the shadows to hide as she enters a small dead-end alleyway. This is the closes trash disposal place for her, as she throws her trash bag at the small pile of trash. Cleaning the sweat off her forehead as she turns around, only to find someone standing at the entrance of the ally way.

But she felt no fear, she lives in the good part of the city and there was no one stupid enough to commit a crime so close to the Sect Campus. The male with pale skin and messy reddish hair looks at her with weird and cloudy eyes. She felt a shiver go down her spine as she locks eyes with this male.

"What do you want?"

"Is it fun?"

Ru could not help but confused by what the man said.

"What?"

"Is It fun laughing at my misery?"

"Look man I think you got the wrong person"

"Is it fun to laugh at your own brother's weakness!?"

"Wh-"

"Shut up you bitch! I knew you told everything I did to that woman! Did you not!? Why must you all hate me?"

"Sir please calm down.."

Ru said with a shaky voice, who knew that today she will meet a crazy person. But what scared her the most is what her body instinct was telling her. This man seems to be a cultivator!  If he was a mortal man then maybe she could have handled him. But a cultivator!? There is no way in hell she can defend herself against him, so she took a step back, closer to the trash pile.

The man also took a step, and a small cruel-looking knife appear in his right hand. He spoke again, his eyes becoming even more cloudy as he bites his finger, breaking the skin apart and making the blood flow.

"I will kill you today! I will take your power and make myself stronger! Feed me your blood!"

"Help!"

"Ha~ scream all you want, no one will save you!"

The man said as he rushed toward her, he could no longer control his own blood lust. He wanted blood, he wanted to drink blood, bathe in it, and grow in strength. But as he reaches her position, he launches his attack to cut her neck open.  As he does his attack, a fountain of blood soon appears as blood covers him and her.

'um..why is her head still attached to her body?'

The man could not help but think as he heard something hit the ground. Ru could not believe her eyes, as they slowly follow something to his side. His eyes follows hers, as he saw what he could only describe as a nightmare. His right arm is laying on the floor. Cut clean off from his shoulders as a cold masculine voice echoes in the small alleyway.

"Looks like we found our killer"

The man slowly turns around as he sees a weird cultivator standing at the entrance of the alleyway. Wearing a black color mask, and only his brown eyes could be seen. With brown skin and wearing a beautiful red dress with demon-like decorations. The man is holding a long spear. While Kun could not see it, he could sense a smile growing on the man's face.

"Aren't you going to run now?"

Mors said to Kun, as their plan to clean the sect of corruption finally started.

 

4