Uncovering Corruption
51 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wen jumps down from the city walls, followed by other sect elders and high-ranking members. Her eyes were as cold as ice and the aura that escapes from her pressed down on the couple, making them bow down as Zhihui started to speak. In times like this, she had to show respect to her mother as lower ranking sect member.

"Wu Zhihui greets the Sect Mistress"

"Wu Ming  greets the Sect Mistress"

"I give you permission to talk and explain the situation to me"

"Ming was walking around the city when he heard someone asking for help. As an honorable cultivator, he went ahead and save the person. But the criminal started to run away, Ming using one of his items contact me and we both started to follow this criminal"

Zhihui stops to take a breather before she continues to talk.

"We follow the criminal down a secret staircase, when we got there we found a group of other cultivators. They seem to be friends with the criminal and talk about killing us to appease their [Bloody Mother]"

As she mentions the [Bloody Mother] one of the main gods of the [Blood] outer world corruption. Wen and the other cultivators froze. One of the cultivators, with a paler skin tone, spoke in an anxious and worried tone.

"That is impossible! Are you saying outer world corruption had affect the people of our sect!? How do we even know you are telling the truth!? For all, we know you might just want to kill those cultivators because you wanted to!"

"You should get your eyes check out then, can't you see the monster that is split in half behind us? That is more than enough proof that what she said is true"

Mors said, his cold war-like eyes landing on the man who dare question his wife. The man, an elder within the sect looks at Mors with pure hatred. How dare a low member of the sect question him!? But before the elder could move and punish Mors for his disrespect was met with a punch to the face.

His head shook with a lot of speed and strength. His teeth flew out of his mouth as he spat out blood, and his body hit the floor. His nightgown is cover now in dirt and blood, his eyes full of fear and tears as he looks at the person who just punch them. Wen with an outstretched arm and her hand in the shape of a fist looks at the elder with cold eyes.

"You dare move without my permission again and I will behead you right here. Wu Ming, you are not allowed to show such disrespect to your elders. You will be forced into solitary confinement for 2 weeks"

"Yes Ma'am"

Mors said, bowing his head deeply. Happy that he at least did not get punched like the crying elder, even with her cold nature she was showing favoritism to him and Zhihui. With a single cold nod of her head, two of the elders behind her move towards the monster that has been cut in half.

They did some inspections to make sure it was not an illusion, but after a few seconds, they confirm that what was laying in from of them is real. One of the elders, a woman of short stature, building muscles, and a darker skin tone around her face and arms spoke.

"Sect Mistress, this is a real [Blood Imp]. There is no mistake that this was once a corrupt cultivator"

Wen nodded her head as she looks at Zhihui one last time, even without speaking Zhihui knew what her mother wanted to ask.

"There should more evidence of their corruption in their hideout. I am more than happy to show you the way"

"Move"

"Yes Ma'am"

Zhihui said in response as she and Mors started to guide the group of cultivators toward the corrupt hideout. No one dares to speak while walking past the corpses of dead and blood-drained mortals. Wen already sent someone to wake up the rest of the sect. So, this mess should be handled soon.

As they arrive at the corrupt hideout the group started to investigate the place, ignoring the question of how two ranks 6 warrior cultivators beat this many people. As they look for evidence, the cultivators found stacks of papers and strange makeup and perfume. Wen started to have a bad feeling about those items as she looks at the papers.

The shaking elder, who had his face punched in could not help but shake more. He hopes he prays to the [Bloody Mother] that there was no evidence to incriminate him within the papers. But as he blinks and opens his eyes, he found his head separated from his body. He has been decapitated in less than a second,  there was no blood on Wen gray color blade. As she spoke with anger.

"Gather all the cultivators mentioned in these papers! Bring them to the front yard of the sect before the sun rises!"

"Yes Ma'am!"

The sect elders and cultivators said as they flies up high and towards the sect campus, with their targets already in their minds. With them now all alone, Wen could not help but sigh, showing some concern in her face as she looks at her daughter and son-in-law.

"You couple sure have a habit of stopping corruption. It looks like these guys were using special items to cover the color of their skin and the bloody smell that lingers around them. If the outer world corruptions are now using these kinds of items, finding cults within our sect will be a lot harder"

Wen said, to this point, all outer world corruptions were easy to find as they physically or mentally change the cultivator. But now that they have items that can mask those physical characteristics, the cult can grow in strength and dig its claws deeper into the sect. 

"You both will receive a reward for this, but I will have to discuss it with your father and the other sect elders."

Wen said, as two weeks go by. The cultivators that had connections to the blood cult were found, arrested, their possessions seized and executed without a trial. Corruptions were a big deal to all sects and clans. When you have such damming evidence, a trial is not needed it. Only execution and death await them.

During these two weeks, Mors was in solitary confinement, not allowed to talk with the outside world. Thankfully he asks Zhihui to check on his farm while he was out and to collect anything that has fully grown. But a day before he was released, an envoy from the elven clans arrive. Picking Zhihui's interests as she asks to be a percent of the meeting, using that favor as her reward.

 

7