Chapter 11 – The Past (1)
406 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hephaestus Pov

As the Goddess of Blacksmiths, metallurgy and fire I spent my time honing my craft even more. I hardly Interact with any God and they hardly interact with me. They avoid me due to my defective right eye. Because of this eye which cannot be healed even with the use of divinity I have struggled to find Love or friendships. 

There are people who does not mind this and has been my friends for years Like the 2 Virgin goddess Hestia and Astraea.

With Hestia Still in heaven I spend my time with Astraea for tea or lunch otherwise My days are spent doing my work as a blacksmith, checking my Familia reports, Updating the Falna of my Children and such. Sometimes I would go to the shops in Babel that are owned by my Familia to check up on them. Today was such a day.

I did not expect I would meet my good friend Astraea in one of my shops. Her Devotion to keep justice and peace within a city like Orario is admirable. Even though her Familia is small they are strong enough to keep the Evil Familia's in check even though she cant wipe them out. Maybe if she had more people she might be able to fully Destroy them.

She was in the sword section looking intently at the swords. Is she getting for one of her Children?

"Astraea. Its a surprise seeing you here. What are you looking for?." (Hep)

"Ah.. Hephaestus. In a few days its my Familia's Captain's birthday. I thought I would find something good for her."(Ast)

"For the Scarlet Harnel huh.. I knew you gave Gifts to your children but do you normally give Such Expensive gifts?"(Hep)

"No Normally I don't give Expensive gifts but I thought a good weapon would be good. Her current one is on the verge of breaking. *sigh* She fought recklessly within the 30th floor trying to push herself to reach level 5." (Ast)

"I see. Why don't I make her one then. Don't worry it wont be that Expensive just around the same price as these. think of it as a Discount for the captain of the only Familia that keeps Peace within this city."(Hep)

When I said ill make one for her Astraea had a look of surprise. I don't mind making one for the children of my friends. And Scarlet Harnel is a good kid with high Potential. 

"Really? Thank you Hephaestus. I'm sure that child will be surprised."(Ast)

"Lets go to my Forge we can Discuss more there."(Hep)

And so we left to my personal Forge. Leaving the shop to go to the Elevator I saw two people who seemed to be from Far Eastern Linage. It was rare to see some of them especially Good looking ones that could look like nobles but I didn't think about it much.

But for some reason when we went past them my hammer buzzed and seemed to be attracted to them. I stopped to look at them confused but Astraea words pulled me away.

"What's Wrong Hephaestus? Do you know them?"(Ast)

"No...its nothing lets go."(Hep)

______________________________________

_________________________

Ryota Pov

We spent Total of 5 hours Exploring inside the tower before Kuroka got bored and we decided to leave. Going out we saw that it was becoming dusk.

"*yawn* Nyaa I'm Tired..... And Hungry Nya.. The tower is so big Nya.....even within 5 hours we couldn't explore every floor nya..."(Kuroka)

"Why don't we get some food from a stall and sit down somewhere? I know a good spot to sit and eat"

With her agreeing we went to a stall and bought bunch of foods from random stalls kept them in my inventory and teleported us somewhere.

The place where I teleported us is where Ais Trained bell. On top of the Northwest wall. From here we can see the sunset and have a nice view of the City it self,

"This is a good view nya.. The sunset and the city view... Great job Nya"(Kuroka)

Saying so she gave me a thumbs up and sat down on the Edge. Following her I sat down next to her and took our food from my Inventory.

"That Magic is Really helpful Nya."(Kuroka) 

We sat there with the sunset on the back and lookin at the city dyed in the color of the sunset. Silently Eating. After some Minutes she asks me.

"So Ryota...How much do you know about me nya..."(Kuroka)

"hmm..... I know about your mother and father... you and your sister being taken in by a devil from branch family of the House of Naberius, him doing Research and experiments related to super devils and why you killed him.. You hiding the evidence of his illegal experiments in Koneko's Hair clip and ...how you joined Vali in Chaos Brigade."

"Huh? Vali? The White Dragon Emperor Nya? Why would I join him nya?"(Kuroka)

With confusion Written on her face she looked at me asked what I was talking about. Huh? did that not happen?

"Eh?? You didn't? Didn't he find you and ask you to join his team and you said you will join him if he beats you?"

"Nya he did find me half a year ago and I did say that but nya he didn't win, I did."(Kuroka)

"Wait you won?"

I immediately used God Eyes checked which Rank she was.

Rank: Ultimate-Class D -

Huh?! She's Ultimate-Class?? Wasn't she Supposed to be High class instead?? Even if she was Ultimate Class Vali should be able to Even the Odds by using his Divide.

"Is that Surprising nya? Yes I won. For some reason his Divide didn't work on me nya."(Kuroka)

What the heck?? How? Okay I can understand her bring more powerful than fictional Kuroka but to be Immune to it... 

"Did the past of the Alternate Version of me not win nya?"(Kuroka)

Still Surprised by this I told her how that Kuroka lost and joined him. Even the part of how that Kuroka wanted children with him.

"Nya?! what is the version of me doing nya.... Vali isn't that attractive nya seems a bit emo... But I can understand the where the part about children is coming from nya..."(Kuroka)

Saying so she licked her lips while giving me a seductive smile while leaning more towards me. In return I just let out a awkward laugh.

"ahahah... I Guess there are differences in yours and her past.."

"Seems so nya. Mmm let me tell you about my pasts nya. You might see some difference between the past you know and the actual one nya.."(Kuroka)

"And don't worry nya.. I don't mind telling you its nothing special nya. For some reason I feel like I can trust you nya, I feel safe. If I didn't I wouldn't be here with you nya."(Kuroka)

That's actually good point... I don't know why she would trust me after few hours from our first meeting but knowing she trusts and feels safe next to me feels good. Maybe its her Feline side? or something else. But going along with her feelings in a whim is a lot like her.

While Looking at the city She recounted her past to me.

12