Chapter 2: On to an Adventure
103 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*I don't own Hunter x Hunter. 

"Speech" 'Thoughts', [Nen ability]Narration

_________

While katsuo was onto his way to the captains cabin. Gon and others have already passed this test. 

Katsuo/Harry Pov

It was still cloudy outside with the rain and storm having stopped.

As he walked towards the captains cabin he took the stairs and exited to the ships deck, as he came out he observed the weather. Though it was cloudy, harry loved it, it reminded him of his home except for the sea and ship part.

He closed his eyes to enjoy the breeze, the salty smell of the sea and the humid temperature, these might be irritating for others, but for Harry who just got a chance at new life, he was in bliss and continued to smile while he tightened his whole body and felt once again how it feels to be alive.

"I have to sort this out with the captain, if i want to go with gon and others." Saying to himself he averted his gaze from the sky and walked towards the captains cabin.

He knocked on the door.

*knock* *knock*

"Who is it, You better have a good reason for disturbing me" He said grumpy and looked at me raising his eyebrows "oh you newbie, are you ok? What did you want?" And put his hands on his waist leaning forward, The Captain is a fairly elderly man with a short and stocky build. He has a beard that extends down and around his face with an integrated mustache. His eyebrows are similarly shaggy. His nose is permanently red, most likely attributed to his constant drinking as he carries around a bottle of alcohol. His attire consists of a sea captain's hat adorned with a whale emblem, a jacket covering a V-neck top with a belt, trousers, and black rubber boots feature of the captain.

"Captain, I have decided on leaving." Harry said with determination in his voice.

"Oh i see i see, not everyone is made for the sea i guess, i thought you had potential though, did that storm scare you?" He crossed his arms and squinted his eyes as he looked at Harry.

"You got it wrong captain, I dont want to quit, I have decided that i want to become a hunter first." Harry looked him straight in the eyes with a conviction that stated his will for the task.

"Huh, boy you do know that only few pass and most lose their lives. Well i wouldn't stop you as you did fill the application form, What changed your mind though" He looked at me curiously.

"It was Gon the kid who saved me, at an age younger than me he has such conviction and courage to not only take the test but also jump out the boat to save me. He opened my eyes, I always wanted to become a hunter and this year even filled the application form, just was having my doubts but they are clear now." Harry clenched his hands to fist, and looked at the old man, "Captain! You have helped me alot, And for that I am grateful, I am going to clear the hunter exams." 

Seeing the confidence and steel in my voice and change in my demeanor, the captain thought 'Well would you look at that, I knew I saw something in him when he was still helping others, bringing water to the sea sick even in the storm. Looks like hunter material to me.' 

"Hahahaaaha" Captain let out a laugh and in a joyous mood said "Yeah sure, You pass my exam."  "Eh"

"Don't eh me boy, you have passed and are eligible for the test that is in zaban city, good luck, hope you come back in one piece. Hahahahah, look the shores are near. Get ready to dock" captain after saying that left to the hull with a smile on his face, he looked at the red haired boy in front him there was something different in his eyes and body posture, the timid boy nowhere to be seen, he guessed surviving a life threatening ordeal brought conviction to the young man and thought 'to meet the talent before they bloom thats why i do this job, and my love for sea of course Heh' 

Leaving me Standing there, harry looked at his back and had a smile on his face, "so I passed, that's something, katsuo did remain alright in the storm just due to his lacking strength couldn't hold the rope alone, the pressure of that is no joke, it would take more than 3 men to properly hold the rope in that stormy weather, he did hold on for 2 minutes straight. I can work with this." Harry had a smile on his face as he unclenched and clenched his hands.

"Now to join gon's group." He left towards where he saw gon, looking at the sunrise that came from the clearing of the cloud, he could see leorio and kurapika looking at the same.

"That view really is something, to think people can see this everyday, wouldn't you say that is the greatest blessing." I said from besides them as I was enraptured by the view myself.

"Katsuo-san, you are alright" They looked at him and gon replied enthusiastically "mmm you are right. Haha" He let out a laugh as he looked from me again to the sunrise.

"Gon-kun, and both of you, I thank you again for saving me, it may sound abrupt after my display a few hours before but let's become hunters together." I said while looking towards gon, reaching my hand out for a shake, while leorio and kurapika came behind him with smiles on their face.

He took my hand without any pause "yeah, let's become Hunter together". He put his hands on mine bringing it towards the two older boys.

"Don't mention it, damn it." leorio said averting his face with a hint of blush on his face. He brought his hands and reached out too.

"Well, it's only natural" kurapika let out a smile and he put his hands on top of ours.

I looked at them with a smile which showed perfect row of whites and said "Lets go to zaban city, ace the exams and become Hunters." "Yeah" "You bet" "Of Course" we had smiles on our face as we took our hands back after a cheer.

Looking at their smiling faces, my smile dimmed for just a brief second at the threats and difficult situation they will face, but immediately smiled again, 'well it will be alright anyway as shown in the series, I will be there to help them and my personal goals too is a bonus.'

"By the way what's the name of you two, I only know about gon." I said while sheepishly rubbing my head.

"It's Leorio, nice to meet you." Leorio said with a smile and thumb pointing towards himsef, he is a tall, manly-looking, fairly muscular young man with small brown eyes, black hair, and a spiked crew cut. He is wearing a dark blue business suit, black shoes, and a pair of tea shade sunglasses. he may look older but from the show harry knows that he is a teenager in suit. 'Barney must be proud looking at him heh.'

"I am Kurapika. Can I ask you something?" Kurapika looked at me and said this. He has medium blond hair with brown eyes, he wears a blue tabard decorated with a red colour hem and a white full-body training suit underneath, His shoes are Chinese-style winkle-picker flats.

"Yeah sure go ahead." I gave a curt reply.

"Why do you want to become a hunter?" He asked with a curious expression which was mimicked by the other two.

Harry now katsuo looked at them and  said seriously "Well, I know there are a lot of things out there from unknown beasts to lands yet to be discovered. Me personally, I want to explore what's out there and discover new things, a journey and adventure, the new flora and fauna which I have yet to be seen plus meet new people make friends, ah I am just excited thinking about it. And in the end live a life without regrets." I held my fist out as I said the last line. 

They looked at me with wonder and amazement especially gon, as he had stars in his eyes.'Hah, that should leave a good impression' I nodded with a smile on my face crossing my arms.

Harry continued "And well seeing someone younger than me, being so brave ignited my courage to pursue all that and that's why i would like to thank you once again for that Gon!" I scratched my head as I looked at him with sincerity.

"Eh me, I am glad that we are friends now katsuo-san!" Gon said with a smile.

"Oye you people! We have reached the port hurry up a bit. Really what are you dilly dallying for." Captains voice shouted from below. 

"Oh let me gather my things a bit. You guys go ahead." I rushed to downstairs where in a crate, katsuo kept his stuff.

"Mm we will wait for you." Gon's voice could be heard, I didn't respond and descended the stairs.

He could see people still affected from the storm and some even passed out many of them had weapons on them, but they didn't seem to have passed the exam and will probably try next year. He looked around and found a sword that was tossed in the corner with brown sheath and a belt to wear around his waist. 'Yeah this will do for now'.

He picked it up and slung it on, And reached for his crate.

He found his bag there and a bottle, he took them both and immediately rushed upstairs and saw the scene where gon was talking with the captain who reveals to him the path to zaban city.

"Alright now I just need to buy some weights,  the sooner I start training this body the better. Let's see if this port have a blacksmith."  Harry said to himself and got off the ship and headed towards the town.

As he was leaving the ship the captain called him over "Boi, you have better follow that path to the giant tree, and take this, for your services and good luck. Hope you become a great hunter." He handed me a pouch filled with money.

Harry took the pouch put it in his bag and bowed."Thanks so much for taking care of me captain." Getting up I looked him in the eyes and he had a giant smile.

"Move along now." He said as he patted my shoulder and went towards his crew guiding them, as they were unloading the shipment meant for trade.

Harry without wasting any time moved towards the port. 'Lot of stuff to see, lot of stuff to do, too little time. uh'

 

 

 

 

5