Chapter 3: Two-Choice Quiz
120 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*I don't own Hunter x Hunter. 

"Speech" 'Thoughts', [Nen ability]Narration

_________

Dolle Harbor

It's a large port area, where many aspiring Hunters gathered to travel to Zaban City so they could partake in the hunter exam. So it has various shops and market place and tourist attraction spots.

Harry/ katsuo Pov

After looking for blacksmith's shop he quickly found the market place and bought a phone, before finding blacksmiths shop, he first decide to eat something as he was feeling hungry after being transmigrated and all.

"Fresh Fruits and Vegetables at grisildas", "Hoki-conzo a ready to eat meal of eggs and tamatos at hozess."The voices came at the right time or we could say they were always there and he just listened to it now, he was immediately attracted by it. 'Huh this looks good, yeah I will take this too who knows when I become hungry again.

"Wow this Hoki-conzo is really good! Good thing I packed 4 more and some other stuff such as fruits that I am seeing for first time and an antidote." 'The total came at 1002 zenny though only 20000 zenny left. huh'

"Thanks For you purchase !"the shopkeeper said to which he replied "Yeah thanks for the food. By any chance do you know any good blacksmiths nearby." Harry asked knowing that the shopkeeper might be more familar with the place.

"Of course their is the PilleDriver, it is to the 7th shop along this line, he have good products and you can take my name for discount young man." he said with a smile the shopkeeper was a short man with chef hat and ki pao.

"Wah thanks man,I am Katsuo by the way, what's your name?" Harry was pleased to find such nice man. The man looked at me and pointed his fingers up "Oh got it Hozess thanks." And left towards the blacksmiths shop, "I thought he was a sharp boy but looks can be deceptive..hah." can be heard by the shopkeeper behind me. 

[PilleDriver] I went into the shop a man with glasses was behind a corner, and a muscular man in his 30's was sitting in front desk, but in hunter x hunter world you can't judge a man by his appearance. "Welcome how can I help you." Harry gave him his requirements and looked around a bit, he found clothings, armors and weapons of various kinds were on display.

'Wow they look so cool.' suprisingly there were T-shirts too, "Here you go, test it out.", anything else."Yes that T-shirt and Joggers look good give me that wrist band too.", "The total will be 6500 zenny", "Um Hozess referred me and said you would give discounts." The shopkeeper looked at me sharply for a second making me put my guard up, but then he smiled and turned around "Alright that would be 6000 zenny", "And what about that armor.", "That's 13000 zenny, do you want it?", "Um thanks but no". Though he was fascinated by all the weaponry, he knew gon and others were waiting for him. After trying out the things he bought, in the dressing room he left satisfied.

"Thanks for the purchase!"

Harry left the blacksmiths shop behind him, he wanted to buy an armour but they were a little out of his current budget, currently his attire consists of a black top skin tights and green T-shirt it said heart in the native language similar to netero just green sleeve instead of blue on top of that he is wearing 2 pair of weights, one pair ankle weights that weigh 15 kg each on both his legs which are hidden by the joggers and another pair wrist weight 12kg each hidden by wrist bands, with a sword strapped to his waist and black joggers with sports shoes and a backpack on which weighed 20kg. Total weight on his body not counting his own was 78kgs.

Due to their equal distribution on my body I can still move albiet with some difficulty.

'I bought this due to knowing the events in the future and need for body training, in the canon gon and others trained a bit similar and achieved good results. Now let's find Gon and others.' 

With all the things set and done he went towards the Board which had a map of the area, from the show he knew they would be there. Walking was a taxing affair but he endured and regularly wiped his sweat off with his bandana, his red hair swayed by the pleasant breeze as he looked around.

And after walking and asking for directions finally reached them "Hah...hah.. Shit this might be a hasty decision." I breathed and drank water.

Standing in front of the three stood a red haired boy of 14 drinking water, he wore green half sleeves T-shirt with heart written in calligraphy in orange, and black joggers and black sports shoes, his appearance was handsome, though he had yet to look in a mirror. White skin tone with a bit of tan and black eyes.

"Ah Katsuo-san, we were waiting for you, wah you look good" gon exclaimed, "So you were purchasing equipment smart." kurapika smiled while looking thoughtful, "Damn you should have asked us to come with you" leorio grumbled, and they all looked at him there drinking water.  I smiled and took out three Hoki-conzo's they were a breath of fresh air and gave them. "I have packed food and some other supplies we will need them so have you decide which route to choose for zaban city."

"yeah the captain mentioned to head towards the lone pine tree at the top here." Gon pointed towards the map and chewed his Hoki-conzo.

"First of all don't talk while eating and second that is the bus for zaban city we should go in the bus." Leorio said after finishing his food pointing at a bus where people can be seen boarding.

"I trust the captain I will follow what gon said." Harry said taking a picture from his phone of the map. "You are taking a photo?" kurapika looks at me, to which I reply while smiling "kurapika, yes the map will be useful for future visits." he smiles taking out his phone and takes a picture too"that's smart katsuo-san." "Drop the honorofic we are friends now." I wave my hand to which he nods conveying his understanding.

Seeing us agreeing for the absurdness when there was an easy way to take bus leorio got irritated and said "Fine be that way see you then." and immediately headed off at walking pace towards the bus, we looked at each other as we shrugged and walked in the direction of the tree.

And as in canon, leorio heard from someone in the alley-way, and immediately ran towards us while explaining he was always going to join us and laughing awkwardly.

"Hahah" I let out a laugh at his act. and Kurapika stiffled one laugh while gon smiled, as he walked towards the front with his fishing pole and bag on his back, "Huh you gotta say something huh" leorio said and looked around us then quited down as we approached a town. 

On their way to the pine tree, the four of us eventually find ourselves in a deserted alley of the town, Harry hears some moment and the sounds of clothes rustling it was almost low but still he heard it.

"Be careful there are people around" Kurapika said. Me, Gon and Kurapika can sense that there are people around us, Leorio is left a bit confused and asks "how can you all tell?", with Kurapika saying "I can hear them breathing." , "their clothes are rustling" Gon says right after, "Same as Gon" I said after gon. Leorio looked at them then turned towards me holding his ear out.

After a bit, Leorio is still unable to hear anything, several people suddenly appear in front of us, including an old woman holding a cane. She speaks softly at first, but then yells out that it's time for a two-choice quiz, leaving us four applicants confused and mine was a bit calmer though I knew they were coming as her masked attendants clap in response.

The woman explains that the town is the only safe way to reach the pine tree, revealing that the other trails are mazes filled with magical beasts. She then tells them that she will ask a question and give them five seconds to answer, adding that they will fail and be unable to take part in that year's Hunter Exam if they answer incorrectly.

It was a bit ridiculous affair watching the old woman and a bunch of masked people come and announce the quiz, The Quizzing Lady is a petite old woman with a hunched back and long, grey hair tied behind her back, and a wrinkled face. All her teeth have fallen out except for two, which protrude from her lips. She wears tabi, a pink skirt, a light purple shirt with large sleeves and darker collar and hem, a light shirt, and a white necklace reminiscent of Buddhist prayer beads, with leaves between some of them. She walks with the aid of a cane with a sphere at the top.

She gave us a quiz and told to answer in 60 seconds "Your true lover and mother are in danger which do you save and you can only save one". Leorio got angry at the question and started acting out while I knew the answer kept quite and looked around, and as in canon Mathews, who had eavesdroped on the instructions Captain gave to Gon and his friends in Dolle Harbor and was following behind us spoke.

I knew he was behind us and had made a game of sensing him without looking and managed to hear his footsteps and some slight smell of rust from him. I consider this a bit of achivement, but I only started hearing and smelling him half way through.

He spoke confidently, "The answer is mother, as a lover can be replaced but a mother can't." he looks at us arrogantly,

"What the fuck is wrong with you" leorio shouts at the man, "You may pass" the old lady points to behind her.

Mathew smirks and looks at leorio "Just give the old lady what she wants to hear, my choice of answer would be my lover though haha." Leorio got angry at this, 'Well in every place their are scums, here I should be careful who to trust.' even though I watched all this in anime his answer opened me to the difference in the way of thinking.

After Mathews passed by thinking he could set up trap for us, not knowing that he had already failed.

"This time it's for you all" the old lady said and leorio calmed down and gon and kurapika listned while I sat on the ground and tuned all out. I was at my limit and needed rest.

They were concentrated on the question so they didn't notice but the old lady was sharp and her eyes caught the slight buldges on my legs and wrists, she thought 'Is this young man alright in the mind, he is training while facing an exam of this difficulty, what mental fortitude. I am impressed, now just test his character with this question, if he is good he will figure it out.' Not knowing that everything was already known by the young man(Katsuo), and he was just resting.

He sat on the ground in a lotus position and relaxed breathing In and Out smoothly and feeling at peace, he discovered that the quality of air was better here, his mind was ecstatic, but showed no outward change just his closed eyes and even breathing.

He as harry had already mastered the art of alert sleeping when he was on earth and now that he was in this world it was even easier. The secret rests in defining countermeasures for threats and he knew he won't face any till he reaches zaban city, so he rested, while meditating and feeling the dull pain left after the weights on him. 

The quiz was over shortly and kurapika looked at me sitting with eyes closed on the ground and gon still pondering, decided to nudge me. "Hey we already gave the correct answer let's go"

"Ha that woke me up, really tough question yes, I couldn't decide."Harry said as he stood up, "Boy, did you even hear it, what's your name by the way." The old lady had her eyebrows twitching as she discovered her tests ignored by katsuo 'he reminds me of chairman'. "Ah, it's Katsuo, grandma thanks for letting us pass, Gon let's go" Katsuo turned towards the boy still in deep thought and said.

Gon looks towards us all and says "But I still couldn't figure it out."

'He was still thinking about it?' kurapika looked amazed at the boy, while Leorio reacts and says "Hah the test is over the answer was to remain silent."

"I know but what happens if we were in the future faced with a similar situation." His words woke us all and Grandma thought 'Yes, that is the true purpose of this test to make aware of the threats that are not simple, this boy will be great one day.' 

Then we all walked towards the Iron gate after she told us of the family that lived on the Lone tree top that will guide us to zaban city for the hunter exams.


Do let me know in the comment section what you think so far

 

4