Chapter 4: Kiriko Beast
96 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*I don't own Hunter x Hunter. 

"Speech" 'Thoughts', [Nen ability]Narration

_______

After clearing the quiz by the old lady, Katsuo and others were shown the metal gate through which they proceeded towards Lone pine tree.

Katsuo/ Harry Pov

On the way towards the pine tree I got to know more about Gon, Kurapika and leorio. Though I knew more than what they were telling I pretended to be ignorant of that and nodded and asked related questions.

While they too asked me questions like where I was from, what made me work on the ship and generally got to know one another.

I also got to know where leorio was from and what is kurapika's favorite food and how gon's life was on the Island. 

"It was mito-san that raised me, I have never known my parents and my dad is a hunter, to find him and that is why I will be a hunter and find him." Gon said this with determination as we walked in the forest.

"Yes, I believe you will find him Gon, you can count on me to support you." I pointed my thumbs at me that took effort though, my wrist weight was no joke, though I was getting used to them fast.

While leorio and kurapika had smiles on their faces, as they looked at us.

"Don't forget about us too, though how much far is it, should we take a different way." leorio said even though he looked as tired as me, as it we should have walked about 4 km till now.

"We should have reached by now." Kurapika said as he looked around.

When suddenly Gon pointed at the front "Look there's a house there."

We came beside him and looked at where he was pointing and indeed there was a silhouette of a house, though it was still far katsuo squinted and it got a bit clearer, and indeed it was the same house where the magical beast kiriko resided. He got excited as he really wanted to see them, it was going to be his first encounter with native creatures.

Katsuo walked as they looked and seeing him get ahead they also started walking and quickly reaching beside him, even though he looked alright now his speed was still affected by the weights he wore that were now bearable.

'Maybe after this I will increase the weights',He was ready to increase them as his body become acclimated to it and was going to rest as he was quite tired. They soon reached the house.

*Knock* *Knock* ''Oye Is someone in here, huh it's open" Leorio opened the door, and we all got inside, the atmosphere was dark and eerie, to find a beast Standing over a man, it turned towards us and smiled an eerie smile.

We noticed a woman in his arms, the man that was laying on the floor asked for help, more like beg for it.

"H-hhelp, that beast had my wife" the beast chose this movements to escape from the window to the forest.

"Gon, Kurapika catch the beast and save the wife Leorio check the man" I reacted fast and issued orders. 

"Yeah leave it to us, you both stay here." Kurapika said and followed Gon as the 12 year old was even faster to react and gave chase as soon as the beast tried to escape.

"It's OK, it's going to be alright they are going to find your wife let me see the wound." Leorio kept reassuring the man. 

I came near him, as the only one who knew what was going on I gave it 2 minutes before I bust, the man who was in fact a kiriko beast in disguise.

"Leorio I will guard this place you treat the man" I pat him and gave a glance at the man, he was tanned and had blood on his shirt.

"Yeah i will leave that up to you, by the what was that." Leorio asked while bandaging the man with care.

"That my friend was most probably a magical beast." I said with determination as I looked at all the entrances checked for any traces, thay may give them away.

"Magical Beast? Do you know which one?" Leorio picked the man and lay him on the bed on the adjacent room.

I glanced around and smelled the ground, and found some furs.'yup this could work if I spin something.'

I checked the bathroom and found a comb that have the same fur as the fur on the ground.

"Leorio, that was [Kiriko Beast] they are Magical beast that are Bipedal and have the ability to shapeshift, they also have wings so they can fly and are very fast possessing sharp claws." I hid the fur behind me as I spoke I kept my eyes on the man and I could see his ears trembling.

"Wah, Can Gon and kurapika defeat them and  how do you know?" Leorio looked at me in shock.

"It's this, I found this fur lying on the ground, it have the similar smell as the best." I brought up my left hand from behind and showed it to him.

He looked at it, "oh so it has Similar smell, wait still how did you identify it? That doesn't make sense" leorio looked at me in disbelief.

"Be patient I am getting there" I calmly held my right hand, and showed him the comb. "Huh this comb has similar hair, how is it possible?" Leorio was getting more confused while the man was swearing bullets now.

"This my friend is what I found in the bathroom, it proves the inhabitants here are all kiriko beasts, and so is that man." I concluded as I pointed at the man who was still trying and failing to act his injured persona. 

"What but but, yeah its certainly a wonder how would the comb be in the bathroom, if they were just violent beast they wouldn't bother returning the comb after using it, but still how is this man a beast." He had his hand on chin as he looked at the sleeping man who had even more sweats and had his eyes half open.

"As I told you, I found both these in different location now though they carry Similar smell it's different a bit, and the one on the ground was probably the one who took this guy's wife, and this one here." I pointed at the comb in his hands and he looked at it.

"This one smells like the guy over there." Then katsuo pointed his hands at the man who was now in a seated position and looking at me strangely but his injured act was still broken.

"Wah really, wait are you a dog, how is your nose that strong." Leorio looked at the man as he said that to me.

"Years on being on sea I guess." I shrugged not like I smelled it or anything.

"Well mr. Husband-san, spill the beans  now we know who you are." I said calmly as I had my attack stance ready.

"Wait, Haah you found it this quick huh, it's the first time someone new to hunter exam, found our within 2 minutes of beginning.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Leorio said amazed.

Then as we looked at him, he said "This was a part of the exam, so you should wait for your friends to come, then we will tell you the results and get you to zaban city." He said with a smile and now the atmosphere was more cheery and leorio and I relaxed a bit.

"So this was all part of the exam I didn't know, I thought you were really in trouble." He said as he sagged and looked at the man with a hurt look.

"Sorry, we had to test out you like that, it's a part of the exams, I hope you do forgive us." The man got up and bowed a little. 

"Wait don't apologize, I understand it was also your duty so just show me your transformation and we will call it even. Heh" Katsu let out an excited smile as he pushed leorio aside "oye" and looked at the man with a gleam in his eyes.

"Ah s-sure" the man had sweat on his brow seeing my behavior. But still got up and as we looked at him the tanned man with bandages transformed into an eight and half feet tall, yellow furred beast with a fox like face,he changed into a bipedal creatures covered in light brown fur, which is thicker on his head, shoulders, chest, stomach, and pubic region. They seem to have both anthropomorphic and fox-like traits. They have three fingers per hand and three toes per foot, all considerably long and ending in sharp claws. They have an elongated muzzle, thin eyes, long ears with a darker top half, six whiskers, and a long, thin tail ending in a darker tuft of fur.

"So scared yet that I will eat you hahahhahaa" the transformed creatures laughed loudly, as leorio backed off but I got closer, and started inspecting him from all angles.

"Wow, you are amazing, I read you can shapeshift but seeing it upclose is realy different, ne ne what else can you do?" I took his hands as I shook it with excitement that just scared the creature and he took his hands back and put them behind his back. 'Scary, not even a bit scared, can find me by just smell alone and still possessing that spirit, this rookie might really become a hunter.' "Oye leave the man alone, and sit down for a second really one thing after the other." Leorio said annoyed and hold me from examining some private areas of the intellectual beast.

"Say why don't you take break while my family test your friends, don't worry they will not be harmed, there is some juice in the fridge and some thing to eat if you are hungry. We do keep our stock up. haha" the beast laughed and relaxed into chill mode, trying to change the mood and wipe his back, it sweated too much.

"Well we could use a break" Leorio said, as he put his hands on his chin and walked towards the fridge.

"Yeah we have been walking for a while, by the way what's your name?" I too relaxed and caught a can of juice from the fridge as I looked at the beast wiping his back with a towel, that could be considered blanket for some.

"My name is ..."

 _______<

Thanks for reading do leave comments I want to improve my writing.

 

 

 

4