Chapter 5: Zaban City
113 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*I don't own Hunter x Hunter.

"Speech" 'Thoughts', [Nen ability], Narration

_________

House, Lone pine tree, Dolle harbour.

Katsuo pov:

"So your name is Seeko and your sister's name is cheeko, you live with your father and mother huh, and conduct a pre-exam trial that tests the examinees in many facets. I see" Katsuo and leorio drank the juice and nodded as they listened to seeko.

"Then it's about time, I guess they should be finishing up." Seeko looked at the window and said.

We looked at where he was looking to find five people coming, two kiriko beast and three humans, of course they were seeko's family and Gon and Kurapika with smiles on their faces and gon giving the victory sign.

"Hey seeko, listen to this son, this child can differentiate between us in our original form, isn't that amazing!" The mother of seeko exclaimed pointing at gon as we went outside to greet them.

"Well, how was it? did they pass the test, should we announce the results." Said the woman accompanying them, I recognized her as the woman who was kidnapped, and the sister of seeko, cheeko.

"Yeah about that, sure." Seeko said while rubbing his head as he side glanced at me. And I looked at kurapika and gon they were alright, with just few dirt on their clothes.

"Here, you both must be thirsty." I said as I tossed two bottle of water towards them from my bag, that they deftly caught

"Thank you katsuo.", "haa, Just what I needed." came kurapika and gon's response as we regrouped while those four discussed something and cheeko gave glances towards me, while I winked at her, she quickly averted with a blush on her cheek.

"Eh, something in your eyes katsuo" gon said as he looked at me innocently, I averted my gaze as I was caught, ''No, It's nothing." while leorio caught what I did and put his hands on his chin while thinking 'ah, another cultured man, I will be sure to introduce him in the ways of adult, heheh.'

"So we are originally the navigator family who guides applicants to the exam site, we were tasked to conduct a pre-exam and have decided the results of you lot, are you ready to hear your results?" said the father I could recognize  from his voice, well maybe, I could be wrong as I squinted and looked carefully at him. "Yeah", "Of course"x2, "Bring it on." we said simultaneously.

"Then let's begin with Katsuo, you reacted the quickest and made decisions based on knowing your allies abilities, that shows you have leadership ability, then you found out that I was actually a kiriko beast, and reacted in a calm, cautious way, and not only that, you found out my identity the fastest and in the most ridiculous way, you... you pass." seeko spoke as he looked at me and grinned.

"Yata, isn't that great katsuo." gon cheered as he looked at me "Yeah truly, it was because you two were guarding here that we could chase them with confidence." kurapika said while smiling being genuinly happy for me, "Hahahha yes I am lucky he was with me or we wouldn't have found out so soon." leorio laughed and gave me a compliment that was rare for the man and I showed him a grin.

"You guys, we did it together, It was because I had trust in your ability to perform the best in your task. I was just the most free out of the three of you hehehe" I said while rubbing my head sheepishly while also acknowledging their contribution to the situation.

They smiled warmly hearing that. 'He has a good heart.' the thought rang in all the present peoples head, though some with variation. ' Though this guy has good heart, Hmph katsuo is also clearly a pervert, who goes around sniffing a ladies comb' thought cheeko. If katsuo knew what she was thinking he could only say, 'as if I would sniff that hair struck comb'. 

"Next is gon," we looked at the mother of seeko as she started saying, "Your speed, reaction time and no hesitation while chasing was a mark of clear hunter, and your senses are clearly hunter level, you are probably the first one who could tell the difference between me and my husband in this form." she said and looked pleased that gon was able differentiate her beauty from her husbands brawn.

"Can you spot any difference?" leorio asked us flabbergasted, "No, not a bit" kurapika shook his head, "yeah, a bit if they speak up they have different voice tones i think." while I said while holding my hands on my chin. "What?", "Really?" they looked at me a bit skeptical, while gon nodded, "hmm, katsuo is right, they have different tones and they smell different and if you look closely their faces and body structure are a bit different." he started listing out their differnce points as if he was playing 'find the differences', while we could only look helplessely at each other, and the mother and father looked ever pleased.

"Hahaha, Yes gon-kun you pass the test.", "Congrats gon." "way to go.", "you did it." "hehe" we congratulated him as he laughed at being praised.

"Now Kurapika your turn, you were very thorough while chasing me and concentrated on saving me while grasping the situation and recognizing the tribal tattoo on my hand that only single woman wear, recognizing the deception and hitting the incoming father who was imitating as leorio, you obviously have knowledge and level headed calmness, you...you pass." cheeko said while smiling and holding out her hand which have a tattoo. 

"Way to go Kurapika!", "Yata", "Congrats I guess." we said while leorio felt a bit nervous, with his turn coming up.

"Leorio!" seeko exclaimed to gain our attention,"Hai!!" he straightend up, "You, although didn't recognize my true form, you treated me with care and kept on reassuring that my wife was ok, and your treatment was top-notch for first aid. You possess a kind heart, you...you pass" Seeko finished with a smile and his words brought a smile on our faces as we heard this older teens evaluaton being spot on. 

"Yahoo! you did it." gon had his hands in the air as he celebrated, "Congrats leorio." I looked at him in the eyes and patted his back, "Well I guess you are coming with us." kurapika smiled while side glancing at him, while he was scratching his cheeck as his shoulder relaxed and he let out a smile.

"Now, as you all have passed, we will take you to zaban city, the deadline approaches and we must not delay." Father said while coming close to us. "But how will you take us" leorio asked. 

"With this, so get your stuff from inside we will leave in 10 minutes" he showed his wings that sprouted from his hands, suprising the three, while I looked at it in fascination 'wah, I will definitely want to have a flying nen ability, for sure'. 

We got our stuff from inside, while gon and kurapika went for the washroom.  I looked around and found her, "Hey, your name is cheeko right, nice to meet you, I am katsuo." I came up to her and introduced myself. 

"Yeah, seeko told you our names huh, nice to meet you too, katsuo-kun" she looked at me and smiled as she said that. 

"Uh, are yours the only family of kiriko here," I asked her bluntly no need to beat around the bush.

"No, some more of our brothern live on the nearby mountains while we are the only ones who were assigned here our task is already known by you." she answered and looked at my hair and then transformed into me.

"Whoa you could transform into anyone huh, so that wasn't your true form? who is this kid though? he looks good." I said suprised to see the pretty lady turn to some 14 year old dude with red hair like katsuo's, with clear black-silver eyes and with tan white skin tone, his body can be said to be fit niether bulky nor too lean. 

"Hahaha, I just copied you, aren't you quite the narcissist" her cheerful voice came as she transformed back, though her clothes didn't change I noticed. "So thats how i look now huh" I stood there with my next question out of mind for a moment.

"We are done let's go" came gon's voice and as we looked at him, indeed gon, kurapika and leorio had all their equipment with them.

"Then let's go" saying this, she transformed into her beast form and I really couldn't differentiate between her and her family. They all had us in their grasp and flew us, though cheeko said between the journey "Ah, your heavier than you look katsuo"

"I am sorry for that, heheh" i could only apologise as I looked at the ground from above, I was continuously feeling butterflies in my stomach and decided to just enjoy the ride, while I could see the other's getting a bit ahead 'God I love this feeling of flying through the air'. 

"It's alright, it's nothing I can't handle." Though she said it determinedly, I dicided to drop the 10kg's from my bag. And the situation noticebly improved as I heard a dull thud in the distance on the ground I could only pray no poor animal got crushed by 10 kgs dropping from this height.

 "Huh it got lighter a bit" saying she flapped her wings faster to cover distance between us and her family  and my new friends.

"Zaban City here we come."I could hear Gon's statement and couldn't help but feel a bit excited in going to meet the other prominent characters of the story, and not to forget my favroite.

{A/N: Any guesses on his favroite, write in comment section.}


{My patreon page is available you can donate to a good cause there.}

 

 

4