Chapter 6: Exam Site
99 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*I don't own Hunter x Hunter.

"Speech" 'Thoughts', [Nen ability], Narration

_________

Fearsome Monsters... Exotic Creatures... Vast Riches... Hidden Treasures... Evil Enclaves... Unexplored Lands... The word "Unknown" holds Magic, and some people are drawn to that magic, They are known as... Hunters !

Zaban City -  Kukan'yu Kingdom

Gon and his friends arrive at zaban city aided by kiriko navigators, Seeko and Cheeko chose to guide them to the exam site, while father and mother left for gathering supplies.

"As navigator's our job is to identify worthy Hunter applicants, and guide them to the hunter exam site" seeko said as we walked towards the location he and cheeko were in their human form, seeko walked in front while kurapika and leorio walked behind him listening as he talked, me and cheeko were talking about each other and getting to know each other better, while gon was looking around in wonder.   

"Come here, come all, look at this... rare bird's goo, said to provide extreame luck to the one who eats it."

"Wah"

"Got a nice sharp dagger, your enemies won't see it, but they will definitely feel it"

"Oh"

"Fresh fruits and vegetables only at matildas"

"Yess!"

"Gon, let's go, we are here for the exam, plus we don't have much time left...or the money" Leorio spoke up after seeing gon wonder around, the last part he only mumbled.

The market was greater than the show depicted, I could see various shops and some even of amorous intentions.

"This is a prosperous city, the streets are subsequently filled with shady dealers and scam artists, looking to make their next zenny through scamming tourist and locals alike. Some might have something useful around here but I would double check before buying." Cheeko said to us while shrugging and giving me a side eye.

"Hey is there a good blacksmith shop." I said to cheeko walking at a normal pace, looking at various shops, and gon was more direct as he interacted with the shopkeepers, more like they were having a one sided conversation as gon was just gawking at their products.

"Yes there indeed is would you like me take you there it's nearby." cheeko said.

"It's no use, we are about to reach the exam site." seeko said, his point was indeed valid but we have about an hour more before the exam starts so that would give me a leeway for changing the wrist and ankle weight, they barely feel heavy now,' what's with this body, it got accustomed real easy.'Katsuo wondered, he did feel light.

"hah...Ok brother, you are right, katsuo bear with it to the exams alright?", Thinking about it and as gon and others looked at me I said, "yeah it's fine I guess.", 'We will be running a lot so can't risk getting left behind.' they continued to walk.

"This place is quite shady though," leorio remarked after seeing a man smoke and deal tubacco in public, "Prosperous cities tend to attract all sorts of nasty types." kurapika added seeing a lady with crystal ball talking loudly, wait is that nen diagram behind her, I had to rub my eyes seeing, 'she could be legit.' katsuo gulped, this city really do attract all sorts of people.

"Hey you young couple do take this necklace, I will even give you a discount." 

After some time of walking we finally reached the building, and as in canon the hunter exam site is near a big office building.

"I believe this is the building" seeko said looking at a paper slip.

We all looked and surely their was a tall building heck it was the tallest katsuo has seen, though harry had seen far bigger on earth, this was clearly a mix of wildlife and technology place.

"It's so tall!" gon looked amazed "They really have a nice building."

" So this is the exam site..." Leorio looked at it and said "So this draws the...", To which kurapika finished "Hunter applicants from across the world." Hm even their building for testing is grand."  Leorio and Kurapika looked impressed as they commented.

Gon looked at it with stars in his eyes "My first shot at the hunter exam..", "Was this how dad felt, when he first arrived?" he said clenching his fist, me knowing that it was actually the shabby building next to it was looking at them with a smirk.

"Hey guys!" seeko said from the side, "Hmm" all echoed.

"Come on, its this way." Cheeko pointed to the run down restraunt near the building stifling a giggle and urging us to hurry. "Wait, this isn't funny... isn't that just an ordinary restaunt?" leorio said as we walked towards seeko and cheeko who were at the entrance of the run down shop who's exterior had a noodles sign.

"You can't possibly mean that hunter applicants from all around the world, are meant to assemble here?" he asked in an exaggerated tone and behind him kurapika and gon were giving the building suspicious look, while I just had a poker face, but in my mind had a smile as this all was very amusing to me, to witness in real life.

"I do" seeko started, "uh?"(All), "No would ever expect the hunter exam, with it's million candidates, to be located around here, right?" and finished with conviction.

 "That's certainly true." leorio said realising the fact, "They won't have it in plain sight I guess Hah.."Kurapika sighed as he got fooled by the diception, we followed him inside, to find a man on the counter working.

"Welcome!" he said hearing the bell on the door "Good Afternoon!" a waitress greeted us from afar as we entered. "Is the back door open?" seeko intoned.

the guy looked up and asked "What will you have?"

"The steak that opens your eyes to the light. For four." seeko held four fingers as he initiated the code, the man looked intense "For four..." and said with a knowing smile and said "How do you want it?",  "Grilled over low flame, until cooked."seeko replied, "Got it, let yourself into the backroom." the man immediately said and went back to working.

We followed seeko and cheeko to the back and through a door, when we reached inside where I could see a round table and 4 seats.

"Wait here" seeko said with his hands in his pocket as his job was done.

"Wait here? where are the others?" leorio said suprised, "I can't wait for the steaks!" gon exclaimed happily, catching us of guard by it. I let out a laugh. "Gon, that was just the password to get us inside." kurapika said clearing up the misunderstanding gon had. "Oh we don't get to eat?" he looked mildly offput by that and I had to rest my and hand at his shoulder to which he let his tounge out "Heh".

"One in every ten thousand." seeko said from behind us and we looked at him. He kept his gaze on us and continued "The number of applicants who make it this far." seeko then smiled "You guys have done extreamely well for first timers, well good luck.", gon raised his hands "Thanks!" seeko looked suprised for a second but shook the boys hands with a smile "I would be happy to serve as your navigator next year, as well." he said this and left.

 I did the same with cheeko and said "That would mean not passing this year and we intend to make it" and she gripped my hands bringing me closer with a bit of strength, and suprised me with a kiss on the cheeks and blushed while saying "Now then you will reach the hunter exam site, I wish you all the best, take care." Cheeko looked at us and left immediately closing the door, while gon, leorio and kurapika smirked behind me "hehehhe." "Oh Knock it off." I said while sitting and touching the spot where she kissed, with a smile 'Glad to see my charm holding up in this universe too'.

Kurapika, gon and leorio copied my action and sat.

"It apears this room is an elevator." kurapika commented as we started moving/shaking and we looked towards the panel indicating B-6 and number increasing.

"Bastard... that means he expect us to fail this year" Leorio looked annoyed as he pointed out seeko's words,"Once every three years," Kurapika said, "what's that?" leorio asks, "The frequency with which a rookie passes the exam" I finished what kurapika was saying and he nodded as he looked my way.

"Huh?"{Leorio}, "Is it that unusual?" Gon asks curiously.

"Some cannot endure the exam's physical and mental strain, It's also not unusual for veterans to break the rookies, who consequently never retake the test." Kurapika looked seriously at gon.

"So I guess candidates are willing to risk everything to became hunters." gon intoned after hearing that.

"But of course, my friend! Hunters make the most amount of money in this world!" leorio exclaimed standing up and putting his hands on table animately 'That's true'. "Huh"{Gon} ,"No!" kurapika's voices his thoughts too, standing up and continues "Hunters are the most noble in the world!" 'I doubt that but they are better than the masses without nen.'

"Glory hog..." Leorio closes up on kurapika as he says that, "Money grubbler!" kurapika retaliates not backing down and a staring competition begins between them while gon only looks between them, wondering something.

"Gon! Listen.. Every year only fifty hunters make the list of the world's hundred richest people!" leorio moves towards gon turning the staring contest to conversion of fellow friend to his way of thinking. "Oh!" kurapika grabs the table top spinning it bringing leorio back towards his seat.

"Hunters are associated with hunting wild game and treasures, but they are all second rate. True hunters work to protect people and natural order." He ends his speech with passion.

"Now listen! when you are hunters most countries will give you a free pass... and no charges when using public fascilities. How are those benefits?" leorio again come closer to me and remarks with passion, while katsuo thought 'The guy is speaking facts in it's entirety.' Katsuo looked at him with an amused smile. 

That kurapika sees and does his table trick bringing leorio back to his seat.

"Hunters have many difficult and important responsibilities, such as preseving cultural artifacts and endangered species, as well as capturing wanted criminals and unscruplous hunters." he ponts his finger upwards as he regards me and gon. While outside looking at kurapika and nodding his face with righteous look, katsuo thought 'This guy need to relax, while I do believe in preserving endangered speecies I agree with both of them, but not with this sticking to the rules attitude. In the future I will get this guy laid that is my promise, maybe that melody chick would be good for him.' I thought having the most righteous face, if kurapika knew katsuo's thought he would have chain jailed him. 

"The fame and money.. that's why people wish to become hunters!" leorio comes to gon's face and says that.

"Profound knowledge, healthy mind and body and unyielding conviction.., those are the qualities on which hunter's pride themselves!" kurapika counters, katsuo looks impressed by their spirit and stands up and says "Yeah you both are right though I am more inclined toward kurapika, I don't mind having both." I raise my fist and let my spirit out, that might be a little uncharecterstics but they both had me riled up too.

"Gon! What do you think!" x3 we exclaimed as we looked at gon, and he looked at me as if saying when did I change my party and I just winked at him while kurapika and leorio waited for his answer with intense look in their eyes.

"Which type of hunter do you hope to become?!" x2 they both said while harry sat back down looking at them with side eye, enjoying the situation.

"Well.. when you put it that way.." gon tries to answer while sweating and we hear a sound.

*Ting* Katsuo looks towards the panel and it shows B-100. 'Saved by the bell it seems, gon have luck for sure.' katsuo smirked and got up. 

"Well I think this is it... we will be starting the real test now, I wish you all good luck and hope we all make it together." katsuo spoke encouraging words to wipe out the tense atmosphere.

"hmm"{Gon}, "y-yeah"{Leorio},"we will"{Kp} they said looking at me with determination as we stopped descending.

'Alright now I will get to see the most dangerous character of this anime, the main villains are bad but this one takes the cake. I am not strong enough to fight him, but one day I will be.' With a promise to self and determination katsuo walked behind gon and others through the gate that opened after they stopped descending. 

At the entrance we were stopped. We see an underground with 70-90 feet ceiling with pipes and light on the side walls of the tunnel like underground, form the anime harry knew that the tunnel was digged and would reach milsy forest from this location.

We began to walk towards the crowd and I could see the tension in the atmosphere, people who looked different and came from different places with different origin gathered here. I could immediately spot some of the unique looking characteristic.

Like people carrying guns and sniper rifle, a girl with similar red hair as me wearing specs, that guy with pins all around his face and body 'oh that's Illumi, the guy I must be aware of, guy is bad news', still I keep scanning as can't let him sense that I recognise him in anyway.

"Kinda strange atmosphere here." leorio remarks with his hand that held his briefcase on his shoulder.

"They clearly are different from the hunter applicants we saw at the port and the city." Kp looks serious as he spoke in low tone, observing the condidates while they did the same to us.

"Each is a master in his own right..." Kp spoke to make us aware of our competetion. 

"Excuse me...ah" gon tries to make conversation but everyone avoids looking his way. 

"Everyone is really tense." he also has head on his shoulder, don't underestimate the young boy.

"Hello. Please take a number."{403} A green bean shaped man spoke to leorio, Their eyes looked at him. Harry so wanted to ask what creature was he, but that wouldn't help him currently, so he let it go.

"Here you go,"{404} bean gave a number to kp, Harry made a note of the number of everyone in his head, he could memorise better after coming to this world and his recall was topnotch, heck he felt greater senses since ever, whether it be his smell, sight or hearing.

"Here"{405} to gon and finally {406} to me.

"Umm thanks", "Be sure you wear this on your chest at all times, be careful not to lose it." I imediately pinned it making a 3 layer pin, so that it does'nt fall when we run.

Beans went away when we heard a voice...


Do support me on and do comment your views, for the late post I made the chapter bigger hope you enjoy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4