Chapter 7: Connecting
95 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*I don't own Hunter x Hunter.

"Speech", *Sound*, 'Thoughts', [Nen ability], Narration

_________

Fearsome Monsters... Exotic Creatures... Vast Riches... Hidden Treasures... Evil Enclaves... Unexplored Lands... The word "Unknown" holds Magic, and some people are drawn to that magic, They are known as... Hunters !

Exam site - Below Zaban City

Pinning the Number tag on my chest I looked around to as many people as possible memorizing their name and their tag number.

I decided to take a walk, and saw various people, I even saw killua but refrained from approaching, see I have made a plan I will let things happen as they did in original, I know that change happening is inevitable, and my solution to that is becoming stronger myself. But a single person can only do so much, what I need is a team and I will scout talented people for that.

And what better way than to get to know them from this exam, it will create a bond as is seen from the main cast. I saw a boy working on laptop talking with a fat dude with a sling bag, he was a bit on the chubby side, from the show, I remember him failing to make it to even the second round but still a talent in electronics nonetheless. Thinking till here I approached him as the guy he was talking to walked past me looking irritated.

Pov change:

Tonpa was angry, he like his previous years this year too he was at it yet again. "Rookie Crusher"That is what his title is and well earned too, after not passing for two years he made it his job to crush others, but none of the veteran exam takers took his tricks kindly and would retaliate harshly, so he looked towards rookies and as he decieved them and made them fail, he got more into it the more it happened, the look on their faces, made for his enjoyment, though he never took things too far, but he continued being a manace to the first time exam takers, "Rookies", and so he became self proclaimed "Rookie Crusher".

This year too armed with the mission to crush some milk drinkers, he entered the exam but immediately noticed some changes, the rookies this year were not like the other years they were too alert and some even gave him the threat of death if he approached. Like take that guy for example what is wrong with him, who sticks so many needles into them, he walked funny and his experience told him to stay away, then that other one he knew of this one Hisoka, with joker like get up and a dangerous smile always on his face, the guy was the most dangerous of them. 

He noticed a bald guy in ninja getup and snickered as he approached him, "Hi, you must be new, I am tonpa, Nice to meet you", "Oh tonpa-san, my name is Hanzo, nice to meet you too" and the minute the guy opened his mouth he would not stop talking, and boy was this guy talkative...

After a minute tonpa cut him off before the guy could describe his village's lake "Umm, here take this juice as a gesture of our friendship" and took out his juice that was laced with laxatives, 'Hehehe now this guy will know true dispair.' he snickered in his mind.

Hanzo pushed the drink away with his hands "I am sorry, but I don't accept drinks from strangers" hanzo said it with a serious as a killer face and his body leaking some strange aura that freaked tonpa out 'I was right rookies this year are not normal' he apologised and walked away. Sighing to himself dejectively, he tried to cheer up by looking for his next victim and found a guy on laptop sitting and typing something, 'That's a new face maybe he will like my drink hehehe'.

"Hi, must be tough to make it here." Tonpa said with a friendly smile as he approached the chubby youth.

"Not really. Everything went as predicted by my data... I used historical data, from past hunter exams, to calculate this years location." Tonpa could only listen with mild annoyance growing.

"I am Nicolas by the way" the boy gave him a smirk.

"It was actually quite simple" Nicolas styled his hair and said "Frankly I was bored senseless." , Tonpa had sweat drops" I-is that so... That's amazing"

"My name is Tonpa, Nice to meet you." he raised the juice can, "Tonpa-san, is it?" Nicolas typed something on his laptop."Oh there you are... This is your 35th atempt, the second-highest number by one person.. and with 30, you have the most consecutive appearances." he continued "Very Impressive" , "Please, It's not a big deal" tonpa said hesitantly feeling conscious of his dirty laudry being aired "How about it? Let's drink to our friendship...", Nicolas ran his fingers through his hair and taunted "But you still have to pass the exam, I assume that is because you are too absorbed by your other objectives"

"Eh?" tonpa was shook. 

"Tonpa-san the 'rookie crusher'" said nicolas looking him in the eyes and mockingly, "What?" Tonpa was stunned.

Ignoring his reaction nicolas continued "Well I won't share my knowledge with anyone else, seeing as you hold consecutive appearance record... Goodbye." Tonpa knew a dismissal when he saw one. He turned around and greeted his teeth as he walked away in anger.

He was angry at being talked like that today was not good for him he decided and walked towards a white haired kid, passing a red haired handsome looking one, he quickly schooled his expression and put on his game face after cooling off.

"Hi, you must be new, I am tonpa, Nice to meet you" tonpa began.

"Oh nice to meet you my name is killua..." killua said nonchalantly, 'hmm maybe he too will not drink it' "Killua I have this juice that I packed extra would you like to have some." tonpa offers the juice and takes it out.

"Ohh free juice sure, sure give it to me" 'Gotcha finally I thought all newbies were weird, this one took my juice I am so happy that I don't want to give this kind boy the juice but duty calls hehe' "Here you go" handing him a can.

*slurp!**gulp!* the boy quickly opened the can and drank like a man thirsty in a desert "Oh slow down slow down" 'this much will harm the guy, and that is not what I want' 

"Don't worry my body is immune to poison." killua looked at tonpa with a sneer as if he knew all about the guy's trick.

"Huih!!" tonpa let that sound out involuntary, what he was considering a sheep turned out to be wolf, clearly this exam was doomed, 'Something is up with all the rookies this time'.

He left the kid after giving him 3 cans and looked at the newcomers their should be four but he could do with three who were looking around, that one in the suit seems the most troublesome while the kid in green and fishing rod have such innocent eyes, the blond one gives him a strict vibe.

"Well at least these three feel normal but the kid just now taught me to not judge a book by it's cover *hah* still duty calls." tonpa quickly got back from his set back and approached the three ignorant Gon, kurapika and leorio.

pov Katsuo;

'Was that Tonpa, the guy is such a loser, who tricks newbies? anyway first let's talk with this boy' katsuo thought as he looked from tonpa's back to the boy still typing on his laptop.

"Yo my name's Katsuo, what's yours? are you also giving the exam for the first time?" katsuo said with a friendly smile to the boy wearing the tag of 187. 

"ah yes, My name is Nicolas, I am indeed giving this test for the first time and I intend to clear it in one, with the help of my data bank, I am unstoppable today." the chubby boy glanced my way and went to type on his laptop.

"You know I like your confidence, I also believe the same but in my case I will do it with the help of my friends and in turn I will help them it's a win win, what do you say, do you want to know a secret regarding this round?" Katsuo tried to garner his curiosity. 

"I see that way also works huh "team up", that is what you are saying and I kinda want to, but you got nothing to offer while I have my database, so no thank you." The chubby boy looked up and said with overconfidence.

"I know you are quite capable with your laptop and have your data to rely on, but I will leave you with an advice, if you want to pass the first round you must double what you calculate and the key is stamina. Do what you will with this info, and previously, not necessary "team work" but just being a friend would work." Katsuo says as he gets up and leave towards his next target. 

'Does this guy know something? Got to check his info out...  huh? he is just a sailor and boast to know this exams secret, just a clown.' Nicolas thinks as he looks at katsuo's information that should have been submitted to the hunter application.

"My plan is to gather gratitude, and make connections early. That have always worked for my PR team 'huh they say the things, you experience can be used later whether it be of any kind, that theory is put to test here" Harry smiled as he proceeds towards a girl with yellow weird looking thing on her head.

'That should be ponzu, if memory serves me right', and boy does his memory's right, you could say after merging souls with katsuo, harry possess mike from suits photographic memory and instant recall.

Approaching with a friendly vibe towards the guarded girl he begins to say "Hey, My name is Katsuo, Nice to meet you... " only if he knew his greeting was similar to tonpa, he would surely barf.


[A/N: Sorry for the late update, Thank you for reading.] 

 

 

 

2