3 – Finally, I have found Someone
332 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Please have a look at my Patreon. You can read the next three chapters on there for one dollar.)

patreon.com/user?u=93263531

“Ralia, come on. Why’d you put an ember shrub on the fire?” Shouts a man with a salt and pepper beard which was a few inches thick and wore thick brown leather Armor.
Then a teenage girl, with messy shoulder length lavender hair and a yellow and green robe responded with a snarky tone. “Sorry, it just looked like a dried shrub.”
The man’s tone now switching from annoyed to exasperate the said. “That’s just gonna smoke for hours now and we could have sold that for quite a bit.”
“Sorry…” She then said with a slight look of regret on her face.
Then a man in black layers of thick cloth which covered his face, he had a thick black hair which stood in a quiff. “Hey, there’s someone coming.” He said in an alarmed but cautious voice.
“Where?” said the man in Armor.
The edgy guy then pointed with a finger in the direction of a hill while he moved the other onto their lips signalling to stay quiet.
A young man with thick and messy brown hair wearing weird clothes, stumbled over the crest of the hill. The man in the leather Armor had moved his hand over the top of his brow to shield his eyes. He then said “Shit, they don’t look to good.”
Then the person collapsed face first onto the ground with a thud. “That’s a lot of blood.” He said as he picked up the man and slung him over his shoulder.
“Nah, he’s just grazed his forehead.” Said the rogue as they strolled back to the camp. Once they were near the tents the older man shouted, “Get over here Greta. Now.”
“Huh? Who’s this?” Said a woman who looked to be in her thirties with long silver hair as she popped her head out of a tent. The rogue then responded with, “Don’t know. Probably just someone who’s lost.”
She then tucked her head back into the tent and a few minutes later came out in a pair of brown trousers and white shirt with a gambeson on the top.
She then went over to the young man who was now resting on a sleeping roll a few feet from the billowing fire. She then lifted her palm and moved it to an inch above his forehead. “Okay let’s see who you are shall we? "By the power of the Dora, I seek to know the true nature of this being's Alignment, whether good or evil, chaotic or pure reveal to me now, Open Status."
After muttering the incantation, she seemed to stare at the blank air for a few seconds before she said. “Chaotic Good – Passive”
“Okay, heal him then.” Said the older man who seemed to have visibly relax as he headed over to another fire he had just started since the other one was no longer good enough to cook on. Greta the muttered a second incantation. “By the power of the Weave and the energy within me, I call upon the forces of healing to set this child free. With this spell I ask for gentle mending, may their body and spirit find peaceful mending. Let the light of health and vitality surround them, As I will it, so may it be.”
This time a small white light appeared from her palm as the gash caused by him hitting his head on a stone sealed itself up. She then grabbed a white cloth and wiped the already drying blood from there face. “I wonder what caused someone to walk in the cursed plains alone.” She said and then walked back in the direction of the tent they had come out of.
‘What happened? Why am I not cold anymore?’ I wondered to myself as I slowly regained consciousness, I then heard the voice of and older man saying. “Hey kid. You up?”
I just sat up and nodded. I didn’t know why but I still felt exhausted even after sleeping. I stretched my arms as my eyes adjusted to the dark surroundings lit up by the smouldering fire. On the other side was the man. “Don’t worry, we checked your status. We’re not hostile. I’m just wondering why someone would roam the plains by themselves?”
I just nodded slightly to acknowledge that I heard him as a cupped the sides of my head from the migraine that currently affected me. I used that time to realise that he had said status. I then mutter to myself just quiet enough that it was masked by the crackling of the fire.
“Status.” I braced myself not to flinch or move to give away the fact that I had just opened my status.
It said:
(Status
Name: Ryan Watson (Invisible)
Race: Human (Invisible)
Age: Eighteen (Invisible)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral – Passive (Always Visible)
Occupations: Farmer, Otaku. (Invisible)
Land: Great Britain [Will appear as Albion if visible.] (Invisible)
Allegiance: British Citizen (Invisible)
Tongues: English, Darian, Mercian, Japanese (Partial), French (Minimal)
Blessings: None (Invisible)
Ranking: G (Invisible)
Close)
He almost of off instinct knew how to switch the invisible tags to visible also he noticed that the Tongues section was weird. He guessed he somehow now knows two new languages. Now that he thought about it, it was more like he could actually think in those languages like he could with English.
He shook himself from his thoughts as to not seem rude and came up with a plan to try and only tell a partial truth. He raised his head and spoke. “My name is Ryan; I am a farmer from Albion. I know I am not in that land any longer may I know what land I am currently in.”
The man just nodded and said, “Never heard of that land. You are correct in your assumption; you are currently in the Beria Kingdom. More specifically the cursed plains. How long have you been out here, and do you know how you got here in the first place?
I clasped my chin in my hand to make myself look deep in thought. “Well, let’s see. I was on my way back from the market and then a tripped over. After that there was a bright flash and a found myself in a grassy field with a different smell to them and the goods I had purchased gone. I then headed to the nearest hill and spotted the river. I then followed it downstream for a week or so. I really have lost track of time.”
The man had a look of pity on his face as he said. “I don’t know where this land of Albion is, however, what I can help you with is getting to the nearest town. We have had a plentiful trip and have food to spare.”
A genuine smile of gratitude appeared on my face as I then said. “Thank you, may I have your name so I may one day repay you.”
He just nodded and said, “Jeffery Holstein.”
“Ryan Watson.” I said as I walked around the fire and held out my hand. If he didn’t know what it meant I would just say it was a sign of mutual respect in my homeland. But he just took the hand and shook it firmly. We each felt the calluses on each other’s hands though mine where a lot less severe.
I then flipped his hand over and looked at the scarring from constantly practicing his art. “Your hands are rough and damaged?” I said in a questioning tone. I knew I had to bring this up or he would question me later and it would seem like I was the one who was making excuses.
“I was about to ask the same of you. I have never met a farmer even one as young as you with hands that unblemished.” I just nodded and let go of his hands and then said. “We have an alchemical ointment that is cheap to make that can lessen the impact of scarring. I believe it was originally made for a noble but was so cheap that even a farmer could buy it.”
He seemed to nod his head at that and then asked. “Do you know the recipe? If the ingredients around here are cheap, you may be able to earn some money.”
I just nodded as I sat back down. “Maybe.” I wasn’t hungry. I could feel a small amount of food and water in my stomach most likely some sort of stew or soup. It seemed they at least knew medical basics like don’t gorge on food and water after a long starvation period.
“How long was I asleep?” I ask out of curiosity. He just responds with, “Six Days.”
“Thank you, again.” I was truly thankful for them to have helped me. The man looks like he is pondering something. “What’s wrong?” I ask.
He looks up from staring at the fire. “Were you teleported somehow?”
“Possibly.” I say with a shrug and then continue. “But for what reason would someone teleport me so far that my land has never been heard of. Would it not have been simpler to kill me.”
He then turns his head to one of the tents as a young lady with lavender coloured hair appears out and begins to head over to use. “For whatever reasons the gods have chosen for you to be here, may it be for the good of mankind.”
I just nodded at his sentiment. Once the girl sat down, she blushed and turned her head away, so I was out of her view. Jeffery then grabbed her around the shoulder and spoke. “This here is Ralia.”
“And Ralia, this is Ryan. Ryan, Ralia is the one who fed you while you were asleep.” He said as he introduced us. I then dipped my head slightly and said in the most formal tone I could muster. “Ralia, I must thank you for your care when I was ill.”
“No, it was nothing much.” She said shaking her head. I had realised that she had been the one to pour the stew in my mouth and make sure I didn’t choke. “It matters not why someone did something but the fact they did means that I owe both of you a debt. I intend to repay in the future.”
I had decided to act as formal as possible, due to the fact that my life literally fell in their hands. I could guess by the fact that Ralia wore robes she was a mage, and the Jeffery could probably take on several of me.
“May I ask, what type of sorcerer are you.” I asked out of a mix of cautiousness and curiosity. She just smiled at the question and said, “Wind.”
Jefferey seemed to not want to take the chance of the conversation staying on magic. “Ryan, why don’t you tell us about your land. Do, you worship, Zale’s Pantheon? Also, you seem very well educated for a farmer.”
“Ah.” I responded and then continued. “That is simple. No, we don’t. Albion is a group of islands of the coast of the continent Europa. Each country has their own religion. Though I personally don’t worship it. My countries primary religion is the church of Albion. It main views are that the king is the head of state appointed under the behest of a patron god who supports our people but chooses to remain nameless.”
Jeffery just nodded; he seemed like a bit of a scholar as well as a swordsman. He then asked, “How then are you this educated?”
I had decided to tell a few lies while keeping the core facts true. “Well, I am what you would call a fan of stories and my family had access to the village’s library. I was taught how to read and write, but I fear those skills are useless here.”
“Why would that be?” He asked with his curiosity peaked.
I decided to be honest about stuff like this so as not to fall into a trap. I just shrugged my shoulders and spoke. “For, some reason I can now understand you and speak your language even though before we met, I had never heard it before.”
We both just stayed silent for a moment. After about thirty seconds Ralia seemed to have become bored so she asked. “Could you tell us a story?”
“Sure. But which one.” I pondered for a second. “Ah.”
“Far south of Europa lies the continent of Azania. Now in that land lives a tribe of people with unique belief system. They believe that throughout a person’s whole life only two things are certain. Life and Death. These two aspects are personified in the god of life Lah and the god of death Koe. You’d think they would be bitter enemies would you not?” they both seemed intrigued at the story. In reality I had just heard it from a webnovel somewhere and it reappeared in my head.
I noticed that one of the other tents had someone listening before I Continued. “No, for they loved one another. Loved from the deepest depths of their hearts. Lah was in the form of a young woman. Her looks could cause any who set eyes on her to be charmed if any could have. For she was invisible to man so as not to tempt them.
Her skin was the most vibrant and regal blue. Her hair as black as charcoal. She wore robes of pure gold to hide her figure. She was the origin of all the animals and plants in the world, and she loved them all. She wept every time one died. Whether they be the tiniest ant, to the mightiest of dragons. She watched for eons as all she knew would die and be replaced by the new. She grew distant in the hopes that if she stopped caring then the pain of losing all those she lost would go away.
Then one day she saw an old man. He was bent over looking at a fox that had recently passed away. She wanted to admonish him thinking he had killed the fox for no reason, but then remembered that man cannot see her. When she turned away to grieve for yet another one of her children having died, she heard a voice. ‘May you rest peacefully and live another life again.’ She then saw the man stand up and turn to her. He stared her right in the face. He wore a black cloak over his body.
The only thing that exists underneath was a skeleton. He beckoned her over saying, ‘Come, say goodbye to our child.’
She then watched as a blue spectre of the fox jumped out of the body and ascended to the sky. She then asked. ‘Where has she gone?’ He just responded with. ‘To another life where she may or may not live a better life.
She then began to weep for she finally felt a burden lifted off herself, but she still felt sad, so she asked the first person she had ever spoke to. ‘Why do they have to leave?’
‘They must. What makes a flower beautiful.’ He asked her as they stared into each other’s eyes. Hers holding a myriad of stars and an empty void. She then answered with. ‘There is colour, there smell.’
‘No.’ he said again shaking his head. ‘It is their mortality. The are beautiful for the fact that for a short time in a flowers life it uses all of its energy just to be pretty for others to look at and then dies. What makes it pretty? The fact that it is beautiful or the fact that it tries so hard to be beautiful.’
After that they spent their time together at all times as she helped create new life and he help bring it to its end. Eventually they understood the trials that each face.
Lah thought. ‘His job must be so hard. I can only guess how many lives he has had to reap when their life ended. Whether they wanted to or not. Stay strong dear Friend.’
Koe thought. ‘Her job must be so hard. She has to watch all of her creations wither away and stand silently as they suffer.’
But they both thought. ‘You make my job worthwhile.’
Eventually they had a child together named Love. Something that you are willing to live and die for. So, live your life and be happy. Live each day as if you can be happy that you die tomorrow.
So, how do you like that one.” I say as I notice that Kalia is Crying. Please don’t say that I went too far and I’m gonna get executed as a heretic. Jeffery then said with a bright smile on his face. “While I may not worship these gods. The lessons they teach are apt. I think though it is now time to sleep. Now that you are awake, we must move, it is still a week’s trip to the nearest town.
Sebus, you’re on watch.”
6