Actress?
1.8k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The biggest problem that now plagued Christian was the fact that he had to declare his intended major before applying to universities. For the longest time, he gave the subject a lot of thought. He knew that it was more of a pain to switch majors in China than it was in America, so although it was not like it was impossible, Christian preferred to just pick one and stick with it. Just, after so long thinking about his options, he realized that there really was not one occupation that jumped out at him. He liked his life in the military so there was not really another job where he thought, “oh, if I didn’t join the military I would definitely be doing (blank)!” If anything, he wishes it were that easy so he could just pick out something faster. After so long of scrolling through the many options online, there was finally one occupation and major that stuck out to him. Drama and Actress. At first, he was shocked that something like this would stick out to him, but he soon recognized that this was the old Tang Xuemei’s dream. This girl was always obsessed with celebrities and she also sucked at studying so she had wanted to become an actress. Christian found the thought interesting. Although this could have totally been a whimsical dream of Xuemei’s that she might not have even kept for much longer, Christian thought it could be a good chance to try something new and to also fulfill some of the unfulfilled dreams of the original owner of this body.

He constantly mocked this girl as stupid and irresponsible, but in the end, her life came to such a quick end at 14-years-old. No one except Christian was aware of her death and was able to send her off. Her loving parents and older brother all thought that she was still alive and kicking. For the first time in his life, Christian decided to act spontaneously. Acting was one thing, but he knew that his major did not need to be in the Drama department necessarily. It was at this point that he thought of his new loving family. They never pressure him into making any specific decisions, but he should still learn some business in order to be able to help the family if it becomes necessary. He could join an agency to start acting while also studying business seriously in university. That’s it! He will do it like this. Writing up 4 applications and universities he wanted to go to, he submitted it. Thus, setting his life in a new direction! Just as he was feeling the relief of having decided a future path, Christian heard his phone vibrate on his desk. Looking down, he realized it was actually that Gu Liuwei who messaged him.

“Necklace, flowers, or dinner?” Reading the text aloud, Christian felt extremely puzzled.

“???” He answered.

“What would you prefer as a congratulations gift?” The next message read.

“Congratulations gift? You don’t have to do anything. My family already helped me celebrate enough.”

“Which one? If you don’t choose, I will just send whatever.”

Christian frowned at such a domineering answer, but he decided it would still be best if he chose lest this man spent too much on something like jewelry.

“Dinner, then. I’m not overly fond of flowers or jewelry.”

“Okay. I will take you at to dinner on Saturday at 6pm.”

“Wait, I haven’t even told you that I am free!”

“I asked your mother earlier about your schedule, she said you were free.”

“…”

“Okay, fine then. I am free. What are we going to eat?”

“It’s a surprise.”

Christian did not give up and continued to message and pester Liuwei to find out the dinner place, however, the man would not let one hint loose. Slightly annoyed with how the conversation went, Christian tossed his phone onto the bed in frustration. Why was this person so against some normal conversation and negotiation? It felt like he was being ordered around and it was not a pleasant feeling. Deciding to throw this to the back of his mind, Christian grabbed his laptop to start looking up what he could about entertainment agencies. He made this decision rather rashly, but this could end up becoming interesting. There were plenty of nasty rumors about the entertainment universe and about women having to sell themselves to get big roles. Christian was slightly curious to see if this was actually true. If such a thing happened to him, he would make sure to cripple whoever tried to take advantage of him. He could just go into business in the end, why push himself so hard when a steady job and easy money could be presented to him in just a second by his family’s company? He wouldn’t even have to worry about heavy responsibilities since his older brother would be the actual chairman. Maybe he could just live the rest of his life as a rich freeloader. Rubbing his chin, Christian slightly chuckled at such a thought. It might not be so bad to not take this life so seriously and just relax like the rich heiress he was now. Rich parents were quite nice to have to fall back on…

Late into the night, he started reading up on the latest successful entertainment agencies and even some celebrity gossip. Before, he never had the time to keep up with celebrities and did not care much for the glitz and glamor. Even now, reading all the gossip news he just wanted to roll his eyes. But he continued working hard and started creating notes about which celebrities are connected to who and to what company. All this information was hard to sift through since most people could not tell what was true and what was fake. Christian decided to assume the worst about the press and did not believe any of the articles unless there was significant evidence for them being correct. One of his biggest mistakes could be assuming some rumor was true and missing a chance. The later it got, the more his eyelids began to droop. As someone who hated coffee or tea, Christian ended up just rubbing his eyes and closing his laptop for the night. The next couple of days were filled with the same routine of exercise, eating, and research. After almost a full week of planning, Christian narrowed down his choices to a top three. Of course, he might not be able to get in through the auditions, but he was thinking that he could at least try and maybe have his parents chip in some money in support. It seemed a little underhanded to use his parents, but in the end, they were an asset and advantage that he was reborn with. From what he has seen, a lot of the top celebrities either had a backer or they, themselves, were from a rich family. Since money seems to make this world go round, he would not be some sanctimonious tight ass and pretend that he had to be successful “all on his own.”

His top three choices were: Blue Ocean Entertainment, Top Light Entertainment, and GC Entertainment. All of them were extremely large and successful agencies. Almost all upcoming stars wish to be a part of these companies. They all were fairly reliable with controlling the news as he started to realize a pattern. All stories concerning their artists seems to quickly die down with even some articles getting taken down. Most of the time, none of their artists even have bad press. Of course, Christian knew that this could not be real, but it showed the reliability of the agencies in covering for their artists. He was not planning to be a wild child, but if someone wanted to make something up out of nothing, he wanted to make sure that he was properly defended. So many celebrities had only one high moment before they are drowned in the criticisms of the public from one mistake. Especially in such a close-minded environment like China, as a now woman, he had to be extremely careful about every move that he makes.

Sitting around in his room, Christian continued staring at the three names without being able to make his choice. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a sudden knock at his door.

“Yes?”

“Young Miss. You have a guest.”

“Guest? Who?” As sad as it was, after spending three years in a coma, it seemed that Tang Xuemei had no friends. Not that she really had real friends before the coma, either, but they all completely abandoned her. Since Christian was mostly keeping himself indoors and homeschooled, he also had yet to meet any new people.

“It’s Mr. Gu Liuwei.”

“Brother Liuwei?” Looking at his watch, Christian saw that it was still 5 p.m. Frowning, he grumbled about this man’s seemingly bad habit of arriving too early.

“Alright, I’m coming out, you can let him in.”

Christian took a quick glance at himself. To keep it out of his face, his long black hair was tied back behind his head. Initially, he wanted to chop it all off but his mother was horrified at the thought. She was so adamantly against it that Christian could only suffer in silence. There was obviously no makeup on his face since he didn’t know the first thing about any of the products with a clean pair of gold-rimmed glasses. He was wearing a simple form-fitting pair of black leggings and a loose caramel sweatshirt. It took a little to get used to the leggings, but he eventually realized that they were rather comfortable and allowed for easy movement all around. Thinking he looked fine, Christian just slipped on some socks and a pair of walking sneakers. Walking over to the living room, Christian spotted the formally dressed Liuwei. Objectively speaking, even Christian could see that this man was extremely attractive, he had clean-cut features with a lean-muscled and tall figure of a rich young master. Christian could almost hear the theoretical crowd of girls squealing while looking at him.

“You’re early.” He complained.

“I’m only early because I knew a certain someone would definitely dress like this.” Disdain filling his eyes as he gave Xuemei a scanning look.

“What’s wrong with how I look?” Frowning, Christian looked down at his clothes feeling that they were clean and lowkey. Nothing particularly bad about them.

“The place we are going has a dress code.”

“Why do you want to go to some place fancy? Just any dinner place with good food is fine.”

“Can you just let me treat you today?” Slight frustration filled Liuwei’s eyes as he glared down at this thick-headed girl. Christian could see his anger and did feel a little bad about making things difficult, so he decided to yield this time.

“Alright, whatever, let’s just go with your plans today.” Throwing his hands up in surrender, Christian knew that the guy was just trying to help him celebrate.

45