Chapter 2: Journey into the Void
139 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigmund was very confident from the beginning when he traversed the space through the wormhole to reach the target coordinate of the middle immortal realm.

But unexpected things occurred and he could not afford to bring back the time, considering he landed, or rather, he arrived at the lower immortal realm, not at the middle immortal realm he originally intended to migrate.

______________________________

It was now 440 days in space, based on the time the Divine System calculated using the Earth's time cycle.

Darwin, the soul of the Divine System, prompted a message to Sigmund's consciousness informing the latter of the impending arrival, ten days from the target period.

In the pocket dimension, where he stayed for more than a year in the Earth cycle, he managed to perform his mystical practices.

He concocted potions beneficial for his vitality, health, and possible near-death experience.

He also refined several baston sticks made of different materials.

He already managed to cultivate a martial art where he could multiply a baston in a formation similar to creating an imaginary yet deadly sword formation.

To transform a baston into a sword was also the art he managed to perfect in the 4th layer. This is a cultivation art that he improvised using the principles he contemplated after playing mobile games.

As a mage, his ability to form objects out of the ether, from the Prima Materia was at the Grandmaster level.

Moreover, from that ability, he could obtain objects out of the ether. He already perfected the visualization, projection, and manifestation of tools and artifacts that he could use for combat.

Even though his combat ability seemed to be of a mortal human level, he was still projecting the possibility that he might encounter in the immortal realm such as high-level demon beasts, spirit beasts, devils, and humanoid demons.

His experiences in hand combat were limited to having deathly matches in underground battle arenas. He used a separate identity and wore a similarly-designed mask so he would not be easily identified.

His existence was notorious among underground martial art fighters.

With a pseudonym, Gregory the Great Mage, he became an elusive martial figure on Earth. Even the wealthy elites who wanted to contact him could not reach successfully to him.

He utilized his knowledge of the law when he was about to encounter these problems with those personalities.

---------------------

Sigmund closed his eyes as he internalized the prompt message. In just a few days, he would arrive at this realm he dreamt of in this lifetime.

He honestly believed that he lived his life to the fullest. He might not be able to create a line of direct descendants under his lineage, but he still experienced many things, not just on the planet Earth but on many planets.

He accumulated his wealth in very smart and strategic ways. Perhaps, on Earth's measurement of wealth, he could be listed among the quintillionaires, the most elusive of the list of wealthy Earth humans.

As he pondered over his attainments and failures while living on that planet, he then realized the fragility of life.

It was apt for him to think and even believe that every being of the universe was a wanderer.

In soul and spirit, each being wandered from different dimensions to another, looking for vessels in each planet belonging to a star system or a galaxy.

Was there really Logos as he read in mystical books?

If so, could they really create planets and stars?

He learned of nebulae where planets and stars were created. But then there should be beings that could manipulate the energies for the creation to take place.

Perhaps these beings were the gods and goddesses, whose internal spiritual energy surpassed the scale that he knew.

He stopped his internalization and took a few hours of rest.

—--------------------

As he counted the days remaining for the ship to make it through the desired coordinate, he wrote another book of his journals, detailing his learnings and insights on his mystic path.

He started the record of these journals with his life story from the time of his birth to chronological periods of his time on Earth as a youngster, teenager, his first love, his first sexual encounter, his life as a college student, and then that of a law student.

He even included the experiences he had when he was practicing his law profession.

He did not miss those experiences but he only included those that really impacted him.

For many days he lived on that planet, it would be impossible for him to remember each day's events of his life.

After he placed the finished journal book, he received another prompt message from Darwin.

"Alert Attorney!"

"We have arrived!"

From that pocket of large space inside his spatial ring, he teleported out and instantly appeared inside the ship.

From the screen within the interior closer to the glass wall, he monitored the area of the space with scintillating white light as large as a planet.

"Based on the coordinate, this is the portal gate to the immortal realm. But there seems to be a miscalculation." Darwin, the Divine System, relayed the information with a slight hint of displeasure.

"Why is that, Darwin?"

"This is the portal gate to the Lower Immortal Dream. Based on my projection, this is also the same gate to the Middle Immortal Realm. But to get through that portal of our intended destination, there must be the right period for the shift of the portal target location."

Sigmund was perplexed. But he tried to digest the information as much as he could, contemplating the miscalculation.

"Are we too early?" the high-ranking mage asked.

"I believe so. We can't stop in this space for we are already within one light-year radius of the portal gate. Our ship is already locked to enter this portal gate." Darwin explained.

"I guess, it can't be helped." Darwin sighed.

He did not know if he would go through another portal again to go to the higher immortal realm. But he believed that he could start with the lower immortal realm.

He might be able to learn more beginning in this realm. But then, he already expected certain limitations.

Anyway, he would go on another learning adventure in his life in another realm.

That was already a great indication enough for him to be happy.

"So, we have to make do with what is there now." Sigmund shared his resignation but with an optimistic attitude.

5