Chapter 3: Played by Fate
92 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Then so be it," he added.

Darwin manipulated the ship's mechanism to traverse faster than usual. In just two days of the Earth cycle, the ship entered the portal.

Sigmund witnessed all these things through the screen. He never masked his excitement as he took the images of the place he dreamt about for over a century of his life.

As the ship approached a certain area that Darwin believed to be safe for landing, Sigmund experienced a shift of his surroundings, beginning with his existence inside the ship to the gradual disappearance of the things from the interior.

In just mere moments, the ship he stayed in for several hundreds of days ceased to become visible.

What he was introduced to after the ship's disappearance was a great scenery he pictured to be that of the immortal realm.

Indeed. His current location was now in the immortal realm.

The scenery was what he pictured in an immortal realm. He witnessed the mist blanketing part of the ground, covering the horizon, and bringing dews to flowers, leaves, and grass.

It seemed he arrived here during the breaking of dawn, right on time to relish the sight that he visualized the place he could venture and possibly live in immortality.

The trees, oh the trees!

Their leaves and blossoms were of different hues but the most shade that stood out was the pink-violet.

The trees seemed similar to cherry blossoms and peach blossoms whenever he visited East Asian countries during springtime

He could not contain his excitement as he jumped in joy, sprinting towards the area where he saw the cliff with the cascading falls.

'Could he levitate in this realm?'

He tried to experiment with that ability which he also managed to do while living on the planet Terra(Earth).

He pictured himself lifting his whole body from the ground. And he did.

His feet up to his body levitated and it was ten feet from the ground.

He tried to maneuver his body to fly across another cliff, passing through the waterfalls, when a prompt message appeared in his consciousness before doing so.

[Warning!]

[Surge of Immortal Spiritual Energy]

[Sigmund's human body will disintegrate in 1 minute starting with 60 seconds countdown]

Sigmund was dumbfounded. He didn't expect this to happen.

"Darwin, what's happening?"

[You only have 35 seconds remaining]

In just mere seconds, he witnessed the skin from his hands rapidly turn into brown particles until the whole arms disintegrated. He could not help but shout.

"AAAHH!!!!!"

_______________________________________________

Sigmund Gregory Chua, 152 years old in a mage body, died due to a surge of immortal spiritual energy.

He left the planet Terra(Earth), planning and calculating his goals for a journey to the immortal realm.

He died because of a miscalculation after he arrived in the immortal realm in the midst of enjoying the scenery.

Tragic.

_______________________________________________

Ten years based on the Earth's time cycle inside the soul spatial ring

A body, lying supine in a large king-sized bed, gradually emitted a soft bluish-white light.

Beside the bed, a tall young-looking man stood observantly while monitoring the condition of the body.

It had been ten years since the Divine System, manifested in the shape of a human body, brought the remnant soul of Sigmund and immediately, by a spiritual force, maneuvered it inside a refined Lemurian crystal.

He was granted access by Sigmund who had linked Divine System in his consciousness. The system can wander inside the soul spatial ring anytime.

Fortuitously, Darwin deduced the period of Sigmund's body disintegration after he relayed the information pertaining to the surge of immortal spiritual energy.

He might have failed to divinate Sigmund's body's incompatibility to the immortal realm; nonetheless, he was quick to react after the soul was separated from the silver cord of the mage body and right before it would proceed to the river flow of the reincarnation cycle.

He then contained the soul inside the Lemurian crystal that Sigmund refined and entrusted to him should there be any mishap.

As he watched the body gradually radiating light, he remembered the time when he then transferred the soul to the Vajra puppet body, a clone refined to match the realm's requirement for its inhabitants.

Prior to the final transfer of the soul, he ascertained the Vajra puppet body's compatibility by performing another final refinement.

The refinement had taken Darwin, thirty days of the Earth cycle to finish before the transfer of the soul commenced.

Darwin's incarnation as the soul of the Divine System made him able to perform God-like abilities.

His access to the Akashic Records on a god-like level made Sigmund believe in Darwin's attainment in the God realm level.

But since he was tied to the Divine System, Sigmund briefly lamented the soul's desire, which was related to him.

This circumstance made Sigmund theorize of the law of free will to even exist while the soul was in their primal state and was not yet tied to a vessel.

After observing Sigmund's new body, Darwin left the bedside and moved to the library where he found the books of journals beginning with the account of Sigmund's life from when he was born to his teenage years.

Browsing through these journal books of life accounts, he felt that he wanted to know more about the man who once had a relationship with him while Darwin was in a mortal body, living on planet Terra.

He could access the Akashic Records but doing so was like a cheat sheet for him to learn more about Sigmund.

He believed the record that Sigmund personally wrote would supplement the validation of the mage's life as he journeyed to the immortal realm.

And so, as Darwin lifted the journal book, he then read the page beginning at the time when Sigmund even delightfully incorporated it on record: the birth of Sigmund Gregory Magdadaro Chua.

 

4