Chapter 5: Exploring The Dimension (1)
116 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Setting aside more questions regarding his new body, Sigmund ventured outside of the abode he built for himself inside the dimension.

He could not wait to explore more, not just this realm, where it used to be smaller in dimension, and yet, it developed into a large realm in his possession.

The resurrected magus wanted the first day of awakening after his body transmigration to sightsee the space and witness for himself the good things he could find. He believed more surprises awaited him.

As he jumped from the balcony, his path led him to venture a wide plain he believed to span more than a kilometer from the structure he regarded as his home in this dimension.

The plain was mostly filled with grasses and small plants but upon closer inspection, he sensed fluctuating spiritual energies from those grass plants. And there was a plethora of wild spiritual herbs that had grown randomly within the plain.

He estimated to have sensed ten to fifteen varieties of spirit herbs scattered in the area of that plain.

He felt that exploring the dimension, which now developed into a small planet, as what he learned from Darwin, would be a more worthwhile endeavor for him.

Beginning with the plain which, he thought to be just over a kilometer spanning from the structure to the area where large trees formed the mystical forest. But as he slowly treaded the area, at a pace still faster than mortal humans when brisk walking, the area covering the plains extended to over five kilometers before he managed to reach the area with the tall trees.

"This plain, as I initially observed, seems to be flat but upon closer inspection, there are small hills protruding from some areas and even small depressions that could form ponds when the space experiences rainy weather." Darwin initially stated his observation of the area.

Sigmund waited for Darwin to convey some information about his observations of the dimension.

The mage was grasping his breath as the high he felt watching the huge change in the dimension was continuously overwhelming him. The adrenaline still kicked in even though he had a theory that hormones stopped their secretion functions considering the new body he had after awakening in his new life in this immortal realm.

"This is still amazing! Wow!" Sigmund could not hold his wonder and amazement as the only reply.

"We can rest here if you want," Darwin suggested.

"Nope." Sigmund disagreed. "Let's proceed towards the forest, I think the distance from here to the shore is not that far."

"Don't you think you need clothing to cover yourself first?"  Darwin pointed to Sigmund's nakedness.

"I don't think there's a need to be modest considering we are the only ones here in this dimension, or aren't we?" Sigmund proved his point before Darwin could make a good response.

"So far, no other inhabitants live on this planet as I found the time to roam the wide changes of this dimension," Darwin replied, somehow easing Sigmund but also making the latter question as he expected moving creatures to be roaming the large spaces where he could see, not just plains and valleys, but forest and even tall mountains and hills.

"That's good but is still surprising." Sigmund simply stated.

"Let's proceed going inside the forest," the mage added.

"As you wish…" Darwin quipped.

Sigmund chose that moment to be in his naked body as he walked inside the forest. He wanted to feel the spiritual life force, which he expected to be abundant.

After a few minutes of trudging inside the forest, Sigmund noticed the treacherous landscape and even found some ponds here and there.

"This seems to be a rainforest but the life force energy here is tremendously abundant," Sigmund commented. He didn't mind much the treacherous surface as he felt that his body would also need this kind of exercise.

As Sigmund was jumping towards another area, his movement somehow formed a zigzagging pattern as the trees, with very huge trunks, randomly grew within the forest area. The tree trunks could even be carved and used to create a permanent dwelling area inside each tree.

"These trees remind me of large redwood in the Western continent. These are huge!" the naked mage stated his observation in a state of wonder.

"I believe you don't have any concern about your body, right?" Darwin asked rhetorically, noting his first-hand knowledge including the limitations of Sigmund's new body, which were almost nonexistent.

Instead of mimicking his boss' action, he was flying through the forest with ease, within Sigmund's close proximity as the latter was leaping from the surface to branches and then back to the surface when he noticed spiritual plants.

"Wild spirit herbs are growing in this forest. It's good there are no wild animals that would covet them." Sigmund's observation piqued his interest in his next action after exploring this dimension.

"You will likely compete with animals if you decide to create them." Darwin relayed a kind of response that made Sigmund both baffled and yet was also excited.

"I think you're right on your account that I can create creatures here but how?" Sigmund pause while Darwin waited. "It seems it is an implication that I can create any living thing by just thinking about it. Am I right?"

"Yes, but you still need practice," Darwin replied.

"But how is it possible? Just because I own this dimension? I never seem to have that power before." Sigmund said in puzzlement.

"I can make an explanation to you now while we're moving towards the shore. Or I can imprint to your consciousness if you let me." Darwin sought permission, something that Sigmund was amused about.

"You know, you can directly imprint it in my consciousness. You're the divine system here. Hahaha!"

"It's better that I will not overwhelm you with information overload as you are still getting used to that body," Darwin responded stoically. He noted the hint of sarcasm but he found the need for explanation.

"Point taken." Sigmund quipped as his focus was on a spirit herb just a few meters away.

"That's a golden-petalled dandelion." The mage approached a large plant with three large golden-yellowish petals emitting golden color.

As he was near, he noted the large flower with an estimated diameter of 25 centimeters.

"It also has three golden petals and the scent is different from typical dandelion." Sigmund openly shared his observation of the plant.

"This is a kind of treasure that can be used for medicine." The mage found the finding to be future profit for him. Seeing that there was no need for him to take medicine with the undying body, he could sell this plant for a higher price in the immortal realm.

"Or you can use it as a main ingredient for a spirit wine. The sweet scent seems to bring a sweet flavor and appealing aroma to the wine during the fermentation process and when it reaches maturity to be ingested and enjoyed." Darwin imparted a piece of information that seemed to flabbergast the mage.

"Woah! So, that's possible. Do you have the formula for it?" Sigmund excitedly asked.

In mere seconds, Sigmund experienced his consciousness being loaded with information. He scanned his sea of consciousness to find the formula to be already imprinted.

"I think we can find more ingredients here. This space seems to be an expansive treasure trove for spirit herbs." Sigmund could not help but smile as he slowly touched the petal of the spirit flowering herb.

"You will be more delighted once we reach the shore. We should hurry now. We can do more exploration of this forest as we have the luxury of time." Darwin uttered another surprising piece of information that piqued Sigmund's interest.

"Well, then we can easily teleport here. This is my dimension."

In just a second, Sigmund arrived at the shore where he watched the body of water covering a large area.

"This is more than a lake. This is a sea!" Sigmund inhaled as took in the life force energy permeating the shore. "This is not even salty."

Sigmund approached the beach area until he reached the part where his knees down to his feet were below the surface of the water.

"This is spiritual water, right?" Sigmund continuously felt the water with a sense of astonishment.

"I suggest you soak your body down from the neck for hours in this water. We will see the benefits by then. But so far, you can improve your cultivation if you continually soak in this water for days, and not just hours." Darwin made a suggestion that seemed to raise Sigmund's interest in his present cultivation after his awakening in his new body.

"Darwin, what's my cultivation…" Before he finished his question, a series of statements already appeared in his consciousness.

"What?!?"

[Name: Sigmund Gregory Chua]

[Body type: Vajra mage body]

[Cultivation Level: God rank- level 10]

[Soul force: 1,100,000 units]

[Congratulations on attaining the level of God rank!]

[You have an undying immortal body making you the strongest being living in the continent of LigaYa!]

"Wow! I am simply overpowered. This is a big surprise!" Sigmund began to chuckle. Gradually, it turned into laughter with delight.

"Why did you not tell me immediately?" he then faced Darwin questioningly.

5