Chapter 10: Martial Arts Practice
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strike-stab-poke

Strike. Change stance. Stab to the front and then poke the area of the body with a vital point.

For more than an hour, Sigmund exchanged strikes and blows with a clone temporarily endowed with his consciousness. Everything happened very quickly as the mage utilized his agile ability in the sparring match.

The other body must also have the strength of a God-rank level 10, similar to him but with reduced intelligence and agility. He did not want to go all out that would blow the continent of his sovereign planet.

However, the sparring partner had been granted a will to win, a challenge that the magus desired so as to make the sparring match similar to a death match but with certain restrictions.

Sigmund had this type of practice for five days straight. The period was in the planet Terra's cycle as he also configured the time zone of this planet to be similar to his previous planet's cycle of time.

It had been over two hours since starting the sparring match. This time, he set the difficulty to 'Level 5 Hard' to challenge himself and add more experience points.

He wanted to end this match but this sparring partner seemed to gain a level of wisdom similar to his.

Over time, the difficulty was getting more intense and the strikes from his opponent were harder to parry. He even managed to receive bruises and injuries over his body with their exchanges. But in a few seconds, those marks of bruises and wounds were omitted through instant healing.

Sigmund wanted to end this match by attempting to use a skill wherein the technique required him to use his baston and transform them into different sharp weapons such as swords and spears on multipliers.

He flew above over his opponent at top speed as he immediately visualized and manifested into a multiplier of a thousand of the two baston sticks he used. Then after reaching the desired number of those extremely hard wooden sticks, their forms changed to swords, spears, and other metallic weapons with sharp edges.

The time from the visualization to the manifestation of the objects occurred in a second, a practice he initiated two days ago. He managed to reduce the time from 10 minutes to just a second in a span of three days.

After the manifestation was realized in quick seconds, the weapons levitated in the air high above the ground as they were manipulated by Sigmund's consciousness. The magus then wielded the weapons toward his opponent with very quick momentum, granting the other no room for a chance to escape.

BOOM!

The impetus resulted in a tremendous explosion affecting the ground and the resulting shock waves reverberated to more than half of the continent on his mini-planet. 

Moments of invisibility came about as the dust particles covered the area of the target of the explosion.

Sigmund immediately swept the dust particles away, giving him a vision of the ground as if struck by a large meteorite covering a diameter of one kilometer and a depth of five hundred meters.

Indeed. It was not a simple sparring match.

The God-rank magus now deemed a Celestial Sage, did not really intend to make it like a simple match between collaborators. It was his way to test his abilities and powers, preparing himself for possible similar matches in the future.

Momentarily, the ground was recovered and brought back to what it was before in mere minutes.

After the regenerative terraforming, Sigmund returned to the ground. Momentarily, a flash of golden light flew through inside his head. The wisp of consciousness returned to him after the body was obliterated from the hard impact of the skill the mage performed during the match.

In a few minutes, everything seemed to portray a harmonious environment, as if the previous battle did not take place. Even the fluctuating spiritual energy was stabilized and restored.

Instantaneously, Sigmund teleported to his new-designed home, a structure that seemed to come out of an architecture digest magazine.

The exterior design was reminiscent of a glass home with white-painted concrete at the corners. Hard glass comprised most of the walling material. However, this structure was made of hard transparent crystals imbued with spiritual energy. Even the other wall was derived from a mixture of white jade and marble. 

No trace of concrete could be found in the new structure which Sigmund crafted with his newfound power as a Celestial Grandmaster Craftsman.

It had taken him two hours to complete the abode structure with a ceiling as high as 100 meters, occupying an area of two square kilometers.

Within the structure was a large pool in which the materials were derived from azure spirit crystals.

Sigmund filled the pool with spiritual water coming from the lake. Having this pool would be more inconvenient for him rather than going to the lake to have his regular dipping.

Everything he had in his newly-constructed abode was imbued with the spiritual energy of immortal essence. Its location was also pure and uncontaminated, granting him more opportunities to increase his soul force and ascend to a higher ranking.

After arriving at the pool, he removed his clothing when his feet touched the water up to his knees until his whole body pervaded under the aquamarine liquid endowed with pure spiritual energy.

For over two hours, he dipped his body while performing a meditation technique that would bestow him the ability to gather and condense immortal essence for integration in his body.

When he was about to finish his regular dipping, he opened his eyes as he called Darwin to prepare some tea. 

After getting out of the pool, he used the spell to dry his body and then manifested a new azure robe to wear.

Sigmund was more keen to wear robes as he deemed it more fashionable. He had many designs in his mind for him to use as he visualized and quickly selected the garb to don for a certain day.

What he chose for his attire was an azure-colored robe with transparent crystals embellished at the seams. The garment was also not prude enough as it showed the center part of his chest area.

He could do anything he wanted without restrictions as long as he felt comfortable wearing the clothing.

As he approached the table with Darwin already preparing the tea, he already heard the inquisitive tone of his companion.

"It has been five days that you had this practice. For five days, 10,000 units of your Wisdom were depleted each time you created the body endowed with a fragment of your consciousness. And then each time, it returned after every match, the result gained you a multiplier of 5% with the 10,000 units as the multiplicand."

The Celestial Sage contemplated those words quickly as he settled himself comfortably before a tea set with his cup of tea in his grasp. He sipped the tea first before he instantly manifested the status window to check his attributes.

STATUS UPDATE!

[Sigmund Gregory Chua]

Level: God-rank level 10

Status: Celestial Stage

Soul Force units :  1,152,000

Magic Power  :  1,101,000

Health Points  :  1,000,000

Strength  :  505,000

Agility    :  305,000

Dexterity  :  100,100

Wisdom  :  202,500

Intelligence    :    10,000

Control    :    +  205

Experience points :          40

Body Attribute  :  Vajra Crystal Body(made of adamantine bones, golden blood,

    skin and flesh from refined crystal)

Weapons and Artifacts:

2 Baston sticks(made of obsidian, tektite and celestial iron)

                                  1 Lemurian crystal (soul capturer)

After checking his status, he noted the increase in his soul force and magic power. However, his considerable increase was his strength, higher in margin than the increase in his wisdom.

He gained 5 points to his Control level while he added 30 points to his XP. The additional 30 points for his experience seemed small than what he expected.

"Each hour you are in battle, you can gain 1 point. More points are given when you learn lessons. For example, from that battle, you managed to lessen the time to manifest the skill of thousand weapons derived from your baston sticks. That was a considerable increase of 5. Also, each time you win, you add 2 points. The points from the lesson gained are variable. No fixed point to expect to be added to your XP." Darwin started with an explanation as he looked at Sigmund checking and contemplating his stats.

"It seems the higher my level, the more difficult it is to gain experience points," Sigmund stated in his analysis, with a hint of frustration.

Darwin prepared an explanation in his head as he spoke, "You are not wrong on that account. However, your experience point is a condensed score as you are at that level. If you were in your Grandmaster magus rank before, the 30 points you gained would be equivalent to 3000. The skill and abilities you have now would be something miraculous for your previous mage rank to achieve. In your case, performing those abilities was very easy for you. All you have to do is to improvise it by reducing the time of its execution and manifestation."

Darwin paused as he let those words be contemplated.

The initial plan he heard from Sigmund was a viable one as the Celestial Sage decided to start to take the first step towards his ambition to create and develop a nation. But then he noticed some errors as he performed deductions.

The soul of the divine system believed that his sovereign could also perform prophecy. But at that time, creating a plan was more practical without the need to foresee the future. In his case with a higher-ranked soul, he already gained visions of the future when the plan was set. Everything he had foreseen was according to the plan. Hence, he agreed to his sovereign's scheme with minimal suggestions, when they were initially discussing it.

But then the question of raising the experience points in a short time was placed on the table. 

Sigmund glanced at Darwin as he asked, "So what is your suggestion for raising my experience points?"

Darwin replied, "Divert your plan in the immortal realm."

Announcement

Baston is a stick made of kamagong tree or the heart of a coconut wood. It is the weapon fundamentally used in Filipino martial arts called Arnis.

4